682 replies to this topic

#601 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

Its looking to me like the Bahrain GP will get cancelled, they already cancelled the GP2 race this weekend. They just killed 5 protesters last night and a reported 80 more are missing. They are using the police to try to crush any resistance to the minority monarchy rule of the country. Protesters already said they would target the GP since it would be on the world stage. Not looking good with how things are going. Never did like the Bahrain GP anyway, who wants to look at fucking sand.

#602 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

Its looking to me like the Bahrain GP will get cancelled, they already cancelled the GP2 race this weekend. They just killed 5 protesters last night and a reported 80 more are missing. They are using the police to try to crush any resistance to the minority monarchy rule of the country. Protesters already said they would target the GP since it would be on the world stage. Not looking good with how things are going. Never did like the Bahrain GP anyway, who wants to look at fucking sand.

Quick, call IMS to set up a replacement race. :x:

#603 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

I agree it is the worst track on the contemporary F1 circuit. Even with the new section introduced last year, or that is, in spite of it. Is this years GP scheduled to be run on the original or the modified track? I can't remember. Anyway, looks like back to 19 races and Melbourne being the opener! It is the best place to start the season.

#604 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

Fuji? Two Japanese races would be awesome.

#605 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

I agree it is the worst track on the contemporary F1 circuit. Even with the new section introduced last year, or that is, in spite of it. Is this years GP scheduled to be run on the original or the modified track? I can't remember. Anyway, looks like back to 19 races and Melbourne being the opener! It is the best place to start the season.

I believe they announced that they were going to revise the newly changed part of the track.

:bowdown:

#606 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

seconded!

I would drop everything for that race!

#607 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

bring back imola/two races in germany/fuji

#608 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:08 PM

Not sure who's on twitter, but Will Buxton was in Bahrain to do the GP2 race, instead he ended up giving an interview to Al Jazeera and getting the fuck out of town :eek: :mamoru:

#609 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:52 AM

There is no way in hell that Sakhir is the worst track on the calendar. Valencia is by far the worst F1 track of all time and if Turkey didn't have turn 8 it would be right up there. I don't think particularly highly of Fuji either since I'm on a rant.

I would agree that Sakhir is nothing to write home about, but I would much rather they race Sakhir over any days of the week.

#610 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:05 AM

you know, as much as i'm happy for Nick, which is a great replacement for Kubica, i'm not really a quick nick fan... he doesn't do anything for me...
If it's between Nick and Sato, I'll always cheer more for Sato regardless if Nick is a faster/better driver... same with kubica, doesn't do anything for me...

I like Nick, I think he reminds me of one Jenson Button before he won the chip with Brawn. He's got a very fine driving style, very smooth. I doubt Nick will ever win much, and i agree that even though Jens has a boat load of talent he was rather lucky to have a car that gave him just the right amount of confidence in driving to go out there and win the chip. Give Nick a similiar car which can really boast his confidence, then he too is capable of winning a chip.

Sato, regardless of the size of his heart was just not on the same level as Jens and Nick. I love the way he drives and it is a real pity that his forey into F1 was killed by Nick Fry.

Cubical on the other hand, is more in the same league as Lewis and Alonso. Very aggressive, but he's never had a car that's worth shit.

#611 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

I like Nick, I think he reminds me of one Jenson Button before he won the chip with Brawn. He's got a very fine driving style, very smooth. I doubt Nick will ever win much, and i agree that even though Jens has a boat load of talent he was rather lucky to have a car that gave him just the right amount of confidence in driving to go out there and win the chip. Give Nick a similiar car which can really boast his confidence, then he too is capable of winning a chip.

Sato, regardless of the size of his heart was just not on the same level as Jens and Nick. I love the way he drives and it is a real pity that his forey into F1 was killed by Nick Fry.

Cubical on the other hand, is more in the same league as Lewis and Alonso. Very aggressive, but he's never had a car that's worth shit.

Agreed until the last sentence.

Nick > Gargamel

#612 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

:bowdown::x:

#613 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

Haug to AMuS: "We know we´re not fast enough for the top 10 at the moment. There´s also a handicap as we had to cut a few openings in the bodywork because of cooling issues, additionally Nico was driving (his race simulation) without KERS yesterday.
This adds to a few tenths here and there. Our plan is to close most of the gap with our major aero package so we´re good enough to fight for the podium."

#614 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

Posted Image

these look in good nick

#615 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

Bahrain called off...not surprised.

#616 dgr81

dgr81

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

i wonder if it will be replaced?

#617 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

Bahrain called off...not surprised.

Yeah, not surprising at all.
My gut tells me that we've seen the last race in Bahrain. The protestors are VERY against it because of the huge costs associated with putting it on. They see it as a vanity project for the prince.

#618 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, not surprising at all.
My gut tells me that we've seen the last race in Bahrain. The protestors are VERY against it because of the huge costs associated with putting it on. They see it as a vanity project for the prince.

Let me see how I feel about this...lets do some soul searching... :dunno:

Yeah, I won't give a rats ass if we lose Bahrain, lol. I'll be glad to see it go! :bigthumb:

#619 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

i wonder if it will be replaced?

I would guess so. Sponsors paid $$ based on the number of races. And there are plenty of F1-ready tracks they could go with.

Super longshot, but I'd still love the replacement to be at Indy. :x:

#620 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

Let me see how I feel about this...lets do some soul searching... :dunno:

Yeah, I won't give a rats ass if we lose Bahrain, lol. I'll be glad to see it go! :bigthumb:

I'm right there with you. :bigthumb:

#621 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

I would guess so. Sponsors paid $$ based on the number of races. And there are plenty of F1-ready tracks they could go with.

Is Aragon F1 ready?
that's definatelly a cool track and it's brand new...

Posted Image

#622 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

Is Aragon F1 ready?
that's definatelly a cool track and it's brand new...

Posted Image

Only issue is we dont need yet another spain race. Replace valencia w Aragon and id be ok with that.

#623 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

The schedule is pretty tight, I doubt there will be a replacement because nobody can get organised in time for March.

#624 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

OT: Man, the entire middle east has become the big cluster-fuck we've all been waiting for ever since the over throw of the Egyptian government...can't say I'm surprised; who didn't see any of this coming?

#625 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

ib abu dhabi and bahrain back to back as a season finale :jerkit:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users