103 replies to this topic

#76 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

Everyone else got the rules right, Alonso said after the race his team told him on the radio that he couldnt overtake.

'Sometimes you gamble and lose' sums it up for Schu, opportunistic pass but no dice.

Surprised to still see Lewis quite a ways behind Buttons in standings.

#77 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

Alonso got caught napping - still shows hes a whinging bitch just like the pre-2007 days. Complaining about Di Grassi, give it up emo

#78 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

Everyone else got the rules right, Alonso said after the race his team told him on the radio that he couldnt overtake.

'Sometimes you gamble and lose' sums it up for Schu, opportunistic pass but no dice.

Surprised to still see Lewis quite a ways behind Buttons in standings.

You would not have gone for the pass, having seen the green lights and flags?

The other teams "got it right" because not passing in Monaco is the norm.

If F1 is to keep viewers interested, it shouldn't start discouraging passing, by having green flags and lights, then giving out penalties for a pass

#79 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:21 PM

Alonso got caught napping - still shows hes a whinging bitch just like the pre-2007 days. Complaining about Di Grassi, give it up emo

http://w153.wrzuta.p...Y/ferrari_radio

:wtc:

#80 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

If F1 is to keep viewers interested, it shouldn't start discouraging passing, by having green flags and lights, then giving out penalties for a pass

The rules look pretty clear and the safety car only comes in at the end so drivers can take the flag 'at speed' and get the SC out of camer shots.

Like he said after the race, he was told by the team that you cant overtake. Ferrari arent the only ones who have rule books surely?

#81 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

This is quite a bit different than discouraging passing like when Hamilton was penalized for his fight with Kimi in Spa a few years back. It was a real quick move that got basically no coverage from anyone.

#82 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

The rules look pretty clear and the safety car only comes in at the end so drivers can take the flag 'at speed' and get the SC out of camer shots.

Like he said after the race, he was told by the team that you cant overtake. Ferrari arent the only ones who have rule books surely?

If that's the case then they should have kept the yellow lights on :wtc:

How are the drivers to distinguish between when a race is finishing under safety car, and when the safety car period is over, leaving just the last 2 corners to contest? The green lights and flags certainly suggest the latter.

This is quite a bit different than discouraging passing like when Hamilton was penalized for his fight with Kimi in Spa a few years back. It was a real quick move that got basically no coverage from anyone.

I think that penalty was legit - he should have made the pass after La Source, having cut the previous chicane :o

#83 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

I think that penalty was legit - he should have made the pass after La Source, having cut the previous chicane :o

:wtc: That was a WAY more high profile and exciting multi-lap battle than this. It did alot more to discourage on-track passing than this ruling

#84 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

:wtc: That was a WAY more high profile and exciting multi-lap battle than this. It did alot more to discourage on-track passing than this ruling

that's true :o

#85 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

Seeing that green light, schumi should not have been penalized. If the race was still technically under SC, the pass should be thrown out, but how can you penalize someone for seeing a green light and passing?

Speaking of SC, look at what was at my local concourse de elegance

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#86 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:56 AM

^^^
the original SL300 is one of my favorite old school car, i have a scale diecast version sitting on my dresser...
i saw the new 300 while I was in Miami a few weeks back... it was parked on the side of the road.... AMG guy was calling for a tow truck while I was checking it out :wtc:

#87 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:59 AM

^^^
the original SL300 is one of my favorite old school car, i have a scale diecast version sitting on my dresser...
i saw the new 300 while I was in Miami a few weeks back... it was parked on the side of the road.... AMG guy was calling for a tow truck while I was checking it out :wtc:

There was two at the high end car dealer place next to my old work, a hardtop and a convertible.

I actually got to ride in the vert. :o

And i love the new Gullwing, and i generally don't like Benz cars.

#88 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:06 AM

Chandhok hails race as one of best yet

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, May 16th 2010, 18:04 GMT

Karun Chandhok may have run over a steering wheel and have his Monaco Grand Prix end with a car on top of him, but he labelled his afternoon as one of the best races of his life.

The HRT driver was locked in a tight fight with the other new teams throughout the Monte Carlo event - but couldn't avoid trouble as he ran over Rubens Barrichello's errant steering wheel at one point before Jarno Trulli launched himself over the top of him after an over-optimistic move at Rascasse.

Despite the crazy afternoon, Chandhok was delighted with the speed he showed and the way most of his afternoon went.

"I think that was one of my best races," Chandhok told AUTOSPORT. "Bruno pitted early on and the team left me out, so I had to make 18 seconds on him - and I did six seconds in the first eight laps. I touched the wall five times - and they were like qualifying laps!

"After the pitstop, I was catching Bruno, but there was no point trying to pass him. Then Jarno tried something silly really. I don't think he would even have enough steering lock to get around the corner from the angle he was coming at - and he would have done the old 2006 parking move! He has apologised.

"He is not an idiot, I quite like him and he is a nice guy. I think when he apologises he know he has screwed up."

Although television footage appeared to show Trulli's car hitting Chandhok's helmet, the Indian claimed he avoided any car contact by ducking his head.

"Fortunately I was a bit lucky as I ducked and he went over my head," he said. "It didn't actually touch me and it looked worse than it actually was.

"But it was very frustrating because that was probably my best race of the year in terms of pace. We were racing the other two new teams and I was quicker than Bruno in the race, so it was a bad way to end."

Chandhok also revealed that he dragged Barrichello's errant steering wheel all the way down to the tunnel section of the track.

"It got lodged underneath the car, so I could feel it scraping all the way through Mirabeau. Then the noise stopped and one of the marshals reported back that it fell out of my car in the tunnel. But then Bruno ran over it – so that steering wheel has been well and truly Hispania'd!"

#89 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:08 AM

:o

#90 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:14 AM

These new teams are adding some character back into F1 :o

#91 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:00 AM

what a snoozer.

sucks button went out so early. i hope someone was sacked for that.

#92 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:46 AM

I thought Ferrari were the ones with engine trouble :wtc: maybe mcmerc wants an upgrade

#93 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:57 AM

http://kiwi6.com/file?id=7ovg87dp82

what does Stella think of DiGrassi?

#94 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

Brawn's argument is pretty solid, but this will be drawn out in the court of appeals until late summer and nothing will come of it.

#95 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

Brawn and Schu have a long history of playing by the rules :wtc: Im sure the appeal will be a great success.

#96 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

Brawn's argument is pretty solid, but this will be drawn out in the court of appeals until late summer and nothing will come of it.

I think unfortunately even if they win the appeal against the decision, Schumacher still loses the points, as the drive through can't be appealed :wtc:

#97 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

Posted Image

#98 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image

#99 shallow777

shallow777

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:40 PM

FUCK YOU SPEED for cutting to fucking NASCRAP race day and not showing the podium ceremony and interviews :wtc:

+1 I was so pissed off. It is not like they went to another race it was a pre pre pre race program, surely they could have waited the extra 15 minutes.

#100 rlolz

rlolz

Formula Ford

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

^^^

my grandpa used to have one. been looking through photos trying to find it since he died....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users