153 replies to this topic

#76 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

The rules should be changed to make sure that they don't put on fresh rubbers for the end of the race during a red flag. That's just silly - having done all that work with the strategies to put 3 world champions all on different tyre strategies only to not let the strategies play out because the red flag...that annoyed the hell out of me. So many different scenarios could've played out...I think at the very least, Alonso would have gotten by.

I don't think Vettel should've won that one either - that was a bit of luck getting a fresh set of super softs on at the very end due to the red flag. And although I'm a Vettel fan, I DO want to see some competition. Vettel can't keep winning like this - I really hoped to see Button at the front after all of that though.

Good race, ruined by red flag rules IMO.

#77 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

:rofl:

I love how everyone hates how much Vettel is winning, I had to put up with this shit for 7 years when Schumi was dominating, so get over it bitches :fawk:

#78 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

Oh for fucks sake lewis! :doh: :slap: :picard:

http://planetf1.com/...Cause-I-m-Black

#79 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

The rules should be changed to make sure that they don't put on fresh rubbers for the end of the race during a red flag. That's just silly - having done all that work with the strategies to put 3 world champions all on different tyre strategies only to not let the strategies play out because the red flag...that annoyed the hell out of me. So many different scenarios could've played out...I think at the very least, Alonso would have gotten by.

I don't think Vettel should've won that one either - that was a bit of luck getting a fresh set of super softs on at the very end due to the red flag. And although I'm a Vettel fan, I DO want to see some competition. Vettel can't keep winning like this - I really hoped to see Button at the front after all of that though.

Yeah I was rather annoyed by them putting new tires on.

#80 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

Hamilton is the biggest piece of shit F1 driver and a whinger to back it up. The dude needs to fuck off with Nicole Shitsinger and find a new job.

Button deserved that win, I'm happy Vettel got it - just so Hamilton's chip is more out of reach

#81 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

this part i agree with. I'd love to see the fight to the end with a 3 stop vs 2 stop vs 1 stop strategy being played out... I was surprised that they were allowed to swap tires under the red flag... 3 world champs, 3 different strategies, basically lapped the field, weak ending...

I love how everyone hates how much Vettel is winning, I had to put up with this shit for 7 years when Schumi was dominating, so get over it bitches :fawk:

or everyone on the Button bandwagon a couple years back... :fawk:

#82 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:14 AM

or everyone on the Button bandwagon a couple years back... :fawk:

That didn't bother me at all, it's good seeing the new team do good, which is what RBR is doing now...

After all, they are just a drink company...

#83 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

Hamilton is a piece of shit, ruins 2 peoples races and then plays the race card to displace the blame for HIS fuckups.

#84 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:40 AM

That didn't bother me at all, it's good seeing the new team do good, which is what RBR is doing now...

After all, they are just a drink company...

Brawn a new team lolololol

#85 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:04 AM

:bowdown:

#86 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:44 AM

:bowdown:

That dudes got some boss uploads on youtube

http://www.youtube.c...u/7/3VRMqVKP0uY

:rofl: This dudes delusional.

#87 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/91893

Someone with common sense. Feel good about buying some Pirelli Pzero Neros now :mamoru:

Pirelli: Ban red flag tyre changes

By Jonathan Noble Monday, May 30th 2011, 09:12 GMT

Pirelli has called for a change to the red flag rules in Formula 1 to prevent teams from changing tyres if a race is stopped - after feeling fans were robbed of a great finish to the Monaco Grand Prix.

The battle for victory in Monte Carlo was finely poised between Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button in the closing stages of the race, with all three running around on tyres that were at very different stages of their wear life.

But with their individual situations set to create a thrilling climax to the race, the battle came to a premature end when a late-race red flag, caused by Vitaly Petrov's accident, meant they were allowed to change rubber.

That left the result pretty much a foregone conclusion, with the top three finishers effectively running around in procession to the chequered flag.

Pirelli director of motorsport Paul Hembery thinks that the freedom to change tyres robbed fans of an entertaining finish to the race – and believes the rules should be tweaked to prevent teams from switching rubber if there is a late red flag and restart.

"I can understand there is a safety consideration but I am thinking about it more from a fans' perspective to be honest," Hembery told AUTOSPORT.

"I've had a lot of people shout at me from the boats around the harbour and say, why were they allowed to change? It took away something from the race – and the big question was could they have lasted? That is what we were all asking with six laps to go and that was going to be the excitement: would Sebastian hit the [tyre
degradation] cliff?"

He added: "We don't really understand the rule, and maybe we need to ask the teams why they think the should be allowed to change tyres.

"The race distance was still the race distance, it wasn't extended. The cars had stopped and there had been a safety car anyway. I don't really understand why they are allowed to change tyres, but maybe I am missing something."

Hembery believed that up until the red flag, the Monaco GP had been brought alive by the varied strategies adopted by the top three runners.

"Overtaking is at a premium here, so having the strategic element and such varied strategies, one, two or three stops, gave it an extra bit of intrigue," he said

"I think it was a bit of a shame with the red flag of course, because if they hadn't changed the tyres, then they would have had to fight to the end as they were all on different strategies, and the tyre wear and life was very different.

"It is such a shame we were not able to see the finale of the strategy game that had been played."

#88 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

http://www.youtube.c...u/3/-H_42yopmTo

#89 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

Allowing them to change tires was a bit anticlimactic to an otherwise awesome Monaco GP.

#90 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Yeah I didn't really begrudge Vettel winning the race, but I felt robbed of what would have been the climax towards the end of the race. So many things could have happened. Vettel could have won, Alonso could have passed Vettel and won, Alonso could have taken out Vettel trying to pass, with Button sneaking through...

Vettel still would have had a chance of winning but the change of tires meant he didn't have to prove it, that's the real shame.

#91 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

Yeah I didn't really begrudge Vettel winning the race, but I felt robbed of what would have been the climax towards the end of the race. So many things could have happened. Vettel could have won, Alonso could have passed Vettel and won, Alonso could have taken out Vettel trying to pass, with Button sneaking through...

Vettel still would have had a chance of winning but the change of tires meant he didn't have to prove it, that's the real shame.

Or.... Jens passes Alonso, then crashes into Vettel taking them both out. Alonso, Webber and Kobayashi on the podium.

#92 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

Allowing them to change tires was a bit anticlimactic to an otherwise awesome Monaco GP.

:werd:

#93 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

http://www.youtube.c...u/3/-H_42yopmTo

:rofl: @ Adrian Newey. TWO girls on his arm! Who says nerds can't get some!

#94 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

Oh for fucks sake lewis! :doh: :slap: :picard:http://planetf1.com/news/3213/6958384/Hamilton-Maybe-It-s-Cause-I-m-Black

jesus christ, what an immense chode. Maybe Lewis is always in the stewards office because he's impulsive, angry, and feel like the world owes him something...and he's doing a god damned good job proving it.

and i stand by the fact watching him race is the most entertaining thing on track.vettel has the personality of a high school junior. Macca has the race speed now, things are ah changin.

I'll give you that, dramas are rarely as entertaining without a true villain.

#95 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

jesus christ, what an immense chode. Maybe Lewis is always in the stewards office because he's impulsive, angry, and feel like the world owes him something...and he's doing a god damned good job proving it.

I'll give you that, dramas are rarely as entertaining without a true villain.

To be fair, he wasn't serious when he said it. He did refer to the Ali G line, but his setup was probably the reason it was taken way out of context. Guy just needs to keep his mouth shut and let the results speak for themselves for a while as all of it blows over.

#96 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

To be fair, he wasn't serious when he said it. He did refer to the Ali G line, but his setup was probably the reason it was taken way out of context.

I didn't hear the audio, but the way I read the quote was the Ali G bit being a "oh shit, gotta get my foot out of my mouth", not the punchline to a joke that was actually set up.

Maybe next time he shoves someone into the armaco, he can scream "that's what ali g said!!" as he drives off.

#97 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

I didn't hear the audio, but the way I read the quote was the Ali G bit being a "oh shit, gotta get my foot out of my mouth", not the punchline to a joke that was actually set up.

Maybe next time he shoves someone into the armaco, he can scream "that's what ali g said!!" as he drives off.

He didn't see serious about the comment.

He's obviously irritated, and he's whining alot, but he's not actually trying to play the race card.

There's still no excuse for that chinstrap, though.

#98 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

As for the tire swap, I knew the tension of the race finish was over the moment I saw that all the cars had new tires on. Reg Flag Tire Change did rob us of seeing what strategy would have really been best, not that I honestly think that anyone had a real chance of passing Vettel anyway. But at least we could have hoped.

#99 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:49 AM

:werd:

His driving was more unforgivable than his Ali G comment.

#100 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

What an incredible group of whiners the lot of you are. LH was the only person really attempting to overtake on track in this race. Massa closed the door. Maldonado should have given way to save his own teams double points finish in a year where they'd had NONE of yet, and KK got a fucking reprimand for a charge that was infinitely less likely to come off.

Further, the majority of posters here will do nothing but bitch about how early the championship is decided this year. I guarantee it. So when it happens, remember it is because stews interject themselves far too often with zero consistency. But blaming the only guy who has a legitimate shot at catching him this season for fruit to do so with maxiumu effort smacks of lunacy. His moves were calculated in an environment nonconducive to passing, slow speed sections with little risk of injury against cars much slower. If you want the old procession back, keep up the bitching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users