#2152 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:58 AM

:rofl:

Seriously. Had something to do with a criminology of sex class.

#2153 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

Well kick me in the Cunt. Jenson to Mclaren? Say it ain't so. :rofl:

http://news.bbc.co.u...one/8322334.stm

full credit to some dude who posted it in the OT thread...

#2154 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

Well kick me in the Cunt. Jenson to Mclaren? Say it ain't so. :rofl:

http://news.bbc.co.u...one/8322334.stm

full credit to some dude who posted it in the OT thread...

Who else here thinks that Jens would get schooled alongside Lewis? Seems to me like it would be a bad move in terms of reputation, but good for his bank account.

#2155 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:54 PM

The bottom of the article describes Lewis as, "out-and-out the fastest on the grid". While *I* believe that, I don't think too many others would admit it. :rofl:

That said, Lewis would school the shit out of him.

#2156 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

Button @ McLaren - lol. :rofl:

#2157 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

The all UK wanker team :rofl:

And yes, jens would get embarrassed. He would be embarrassed by Alonso, Lewaque, Masser, and Kimi on a good day.

#2158 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

Brawn confident of strong 2010 season

By Jonathan Noble Friday, October 23rd 2009, 09:42 GMT

Ross Brawn is confident his team will not just be a one-hit wonder, after expressing optimism about the progress already made with its 2010 car.

Having achieved the remarkable feat of winning both world titles on the back of a winter when the team did not even know if it would be in F1 at all, Brawn thinks that there is every reason to feel the outfit can do even better in some areas next year.

In particular, he feels with fairly static regulations, plus eradicating the compromises that had to be made to rush-fit the Mercedes-Benz engine this year, progress can be made for 2010.

"Well, we have a very good engine. That's important," said Brawn, when asked about what factors he felt would ensure the team remained competitive next year.

"I think next year's regulations are really an extension of this year's. We have no re-fuelling and some different tyres, but they are not so dramatically different.

"I have seen the new car, seen the progress we have made, particularly in aerodynamic performance. So I think we will be competitive, where we will be exactly nobody knows.

"We are making good progress for next year's car; the engine is being installed properly from the very beginning which is a big step forward. So I am quietly confident that we can be competitive next year. Whether we will be able to win races no one knows. But I think we will be pretty respectable."

Brawn believes the way that Brawn started the year so strongly, but Red Bull Racing finished it with a flourish, can be explained by the way both teams approached the season.

Red Bull's tight packaging around the rear and its pull-rod suspension configuration were not optimised for exploiting double-diffusers early on, but once the car was sorted it hit top-form - as Brawn struggled with the compromises it had to make to fit the Mercedes power-unit.

"It was a season of two halves," explained Brawn. "I think you have got our car which was probably on average the strongest car in the first half, and their car was probably the strongest in the second half. That's it really.

"I think some of the decisions they made in terms of the lay-out of the car that have given them an advantage now, were probably difficult to manage in the first part of the year. I think some of the compromises we had to make to fit the engine, which weren't apparent in the first half, are now starting to hurt us.

"The car is too heavy, the centre of gravity is too high, and there are things which are not good on the car which will be fixed for next year. You can't put an engine in a car in six weeks when it normally takes six months, without making some compromises."

Boss Brawn laying down the gauntlet.

#2159 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Jenson didn't win the WDC because he developed crazy driving skills over the off season...
if he goes to McLaren, it'll just highlight that he's a mid-fielder...

#2160 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

I think he's always been smooth and quick, and he was obviously able to capitalize on top-tier equipment when he had it (honestly, has he really had any before?).

Do i think he'll outshine Hamilton? Probably not. But i do think he'll fare better than Kovi.

#2161 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

I think he's always been smooth and quick, and he was obviously able to capitalize on top-tier equipment when he had it (honestly, has he really had any before?).

Do i think he'll outshine Hamilton? Probably not. But i do think he'll fare better than Kovi.

Agreed.

#2162 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

if he drives like he did the first 20 laps of brazil consistently i wouldn't question him, but he doesn't...

on the second part, I agree, at least he'll be better than Kovi...

#2163 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

if he drives like he did the first 20 laps of brazil consistently i wouldn't question him, but he doesn't...

on the second part, I agree, at least he'll be better than Kovi...

The news that Brawn had but one spare chassis for the whole season (and one car per driver), to me, explains why the Brawn duo didn't seem to take many risks on-track during the season. But by the time it was Brazil and the WDC was potentially on the line, they both started pushing more.

#2164 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

Everytime I check this thread Yonson is in here too. :rofl:

Gonna watch that Brawn vid now.

#2165 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:20 PM

The news that Brawn had but one spare chassis for the whole season (and one car per driver), to me, explains why the Brawn duo didn't seem to take many risks on-track during the season. But by the time it was Brazil and the WDC was potentially on the line, they both started pushing more.

Makes you wonder how many chassis Renault produced since they knew they had Jr. on board.

#2166 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

Everytime I check this thread Yonson is in here too. :rofl:

Gonna watch that Brawn vid now.

I have a tab especially for F1 Crew, and I don't ever close it...

#2167 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

Man, they only had 3 chassis all year? Meaning Bubens and Jens raced the same chassis every race weekend? Holy fuck.

I bitched and moaned to anyone who would listen all season about the fact I thought Senna should have been given a seat at Brawn, but I wonder now if he would have been able to make it through an entire season in one car...Has a rookie ever run a full season in just one chassis, prolly not.

#2168 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

Makes you wonder how many chassis Renault produced since they knew they had Jr. on board.

Yah and did they have specific chassis' for races where they "knew" he was gonna wall-it. :rofl:

#2169 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:42 PM

I bitched and moaned to anyone who would listen all season about the fact I thought Senna should have been given a seat at Brawn, but I wonder now if he would have been able to make it through an entire season in one car

No chance.

How much better (probably) are Skittle and Hammy than Bruno and how many rookie shunts did they have? And they were actually able to test before jumping into races.

If Senna had gotten that Brawn seat, we'd all be calling him Piquet III right now.

#2170 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

Yes, but no way I would ever call a Senna a Piquet. :rofl:

Still I wonder how much capacity BGP had to build one or two more cars...

Hammy wrote off, what, one chassis his rookie year? The only thing I can think of was his shunt in Hungary 07.

#2171 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

Who else here thinks that Jens would get schooled alongside Lewis? Seems to me like it would be a bad move in terms of reputation, but good for his bank account.

as a jenson fan, even i can not deny this.

#2172 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:08 PM

i think jenson will hold his own and being challenged by lewis might bring some more fight out of him, but lewis will beat him.

#2173 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

No chance.

How much better (probably) are Skittle and Hammy than Bruno and how many rookie shunts did they have? And they were actually able to test before jumping into races.

If Senna had gotten that Brawn seat, we'd all be calling him Piquet III right now.

I'm thinking that GP2 talent != F1 talent. Kind of like winning the Heisman Trophy doesn't mean you're going to be a star player in the NFL.

I mean, look at Piquet/Grosjean/Buemi/Alguseuri

All "top" GP2 drivers. Kobayashi made the biggest splash out of all of them in a slow-as-balls Toyota. Was Senna ready for a ride last year? Most likely not, esp. if Brawn only had 1 chassis. Do I want to see him in a seat next year? Yes.

#2174 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:04 AM

I'm thinking that GP2 talent != F1 talent. Kind of like winning the Heisman Trophy doesn't mean you're going to be a star player in the NFL.

I mean, look at Piquet/Grosjean/Buemi/Alguseuri

All "top" GP2 drivers. Kobayashi made the biggest splash out of all of them in a slow-as-balls Toyota. Was Senna ready for a ride last year? Most likely not, esp. if Brawn only had 1 chassis. Do I want to see him in a seat next year? Yes.

:rofl:

#2175 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:05 AM

Yes, but no way I would ever call a Senna a Piquet. :D

Still I wonder how much capacity BGP had to build one or two more cars...

Hammy wrote off, what, one chassis his rookie year? The only thing I can think of was his shunt in Hungary 07.

Only 1 shunt in 07 at China. Was a nice shunt though :rofl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users