176 replies to this topic

#51 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:59 AM

Just make sure to start watching before the end... just in case they flag it a bit early :mamoru:

#52 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

For a race that usually delivers, that was pretty terrible

#53 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

Full coverage of the 24 hours on Velocity is :bowdown:

#54 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

Seriously, way to go Fred.

#55 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:09 PM

Seriously, way to go Fred.

Does he quit F1 and go full time Indy to try and close out the triple crown? :noes:

#56 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:53 PM

Does he quit F1 and go full time Indy to try and close out the triple crown? :noes:

He should - Macca is a mile from being competitive and I don't see him getting a merc or rbr seat anytime soon.

#57 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:13 AM

Red Bull Honda

#58 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

I'm ok with this. Guess I'll have more interest in f1 next year, lol.

Although the tight championship this year actually has me considering Austin.

Red Bull Honda

#59 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

Red Bull Honda

VTEC just kicked in, yo.

#60 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:07 PM

Is the renault motor actually in parity with honda, or is this just works/exclusivity in packaging move?

#61 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:14 PM

Is the renault motor actually in parity with honda, or is this just works/exclusivity in packaging move?

They kept talking about evaluating the data from Canada so I'm sure STR provided direct comparison data during the race.

#62 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:06 PM

I think a few things so far this season...

McLaren chassis was not as good as they made themselves out to be.  They were claiming they would be the best of the Renault cars at the beginning of the season.  
Honda may or may not have been as bad as McLaren made them to be.  Honda definitely fucked up, but I think partly by the requirements McLaren may have required of them from the chassis side.  

RickyRic should stay...RB has a better chance at delivering a tittles IMO.  At least the Honda is more reliable this year, lol. 

Alonso should leave - there is not an open slot for him in a title contending team next year.  
Kimi needs to retire.  Fan fave, but not doing much in the second slot at Ferrari these days.  

Also...I just wonder how much closer the chip would be this year if Alonso was still w/ Ferrari...Vettel seems to always make big mistakes when the chip is close.  Alonso was winning with a much lesser Ferrari...

#63 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:27 PM

I think a few things so far this season...

McLaren chassis was not as good as they made themselves out to be.  They were claiming they would be the best of the Renault cars at the beginning of the season.  
Honda may or may not have been as bad as McLaren made them to be.  Honda definitely fucked up, but I think partly by the requirements McLaren may have required of them from the chassis side.  

RickyRic should stay...RB has a better chance at delivering a tittles IMO.  At least the Honda is more reliable this year, lol. 

Alonso should leave - there is not an open slot for him in a title contending team next year.  
Kimi needs to retire.  Fan fave, but not doing much in the second slot at Ferrari these days.  

Also...I just wonder how much closer the chip would be this year if Alonso was still w/ Ferrari...Vettel seems to always make big mistakes when the chip is close.  Alonso was winning with a much lesser Ferrari...

Having a bad race and still finishing top 5 is what made Vettel unbeatable over that 4 year stint.  Alonso also has this skill, but Kimi/Bottas and on some days, Ham are feast or famine.  Kimi hasn't won a race in years...  He's a bit of a support driver at this point, like Rubens/Massa level.

#64 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

Do not disagree there...he is consistent.  

But Vettel has acted out of emotion to his disadvantage quite often or makes a lot of mistakes when necessary..  (Running into LH for a brake-check.  Running into Webbah during their feud).

Alonso acts out of emotion only when it is in his favor (Staying in the pits to screw LH for his qualify lap).  I cannot recall when Alonso has made an impulsive decision or made a bad move that was not in his favor actually. 

#65 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

Do not disagree there...he is consistent.  

But Vettel has acted out of emotion to his disadvantage quite often or makes a lot of mistakes when necessary..  (Running into LH for a brake-check.  Running into Webbah during their feud).

Alonso acts out of emotion only when it is in his favor (Staying in the pits to screw LH for his qualify lap).  I cannot recall when Alonso has made an impulsive decision or made a bad move that was not in his favor actually. 

3 years at McLaren Honda disagree  :mamoru:

i kid...that was a legitimate gamble.

#66 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:26 PM

3 years at McLaren Honda disagree  :mamoru:

i kid...that was a legitimate gamble.

:mamoru2:  

I know you kid...but in hindsight it is true.  So I stand corrected, he has made great racing decisions, but horrible career moves  :uh:

#67 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:04 AM

McLaren: I think they lost their way compensating for the Honda engine issues. At this point they need to stick with a good engine support for a few years.

Alonso: if he was on a competitive team I dont think hed be running a full season of WEC and still considering the Indy 500. Hes bored of being a backmarker and needs a challenge. Its fun watching him up front. F1 is losing out having him in the back.

Ferrari: only person I can see replacing Kimi is Ricardo and maybe that new kid, Leqeuc or whatever his name is driving for Sauber. Kimi is a number two driver but he has vast experience and a shit ton of miles. So why replace that number two with another number two that wont provide the feedback he can but instead just score points. Either sign someone that can push Vettel and be a true championship contender or keep Kimi.

#68 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

Eric Boullier out at Macca. They can throw Ron under the bus all they want, but they have been nowhere since he was ousted.

#69 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:08 PM

Eric Boullier out at Macca. They can throw Ron under the bus all they want, but they have been nowhere since he was ousted.

I think it comes down to the road division taking priority. And i mean... Why not? It's actually making money.

#70 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:16 PM

Even Zak Brown is saying that it might have been more their chassis than the Honda motor...or a combination of the two.  That is saying a lot...I don't think the buck stops at Eric B tho.

#71 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:31 PM

Today was a good race. Last 10 laps :bowdown:

#72 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

:werd:

Although I disagree with the 10 second penalty to Kimi... 

#73 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

:werd:
 Although I disagree with the 10 second penalty to Kimi...

Should’ve been 5 seconds like previous penalties in other races. But you know, British GP where the home town hero was punted off, slight bias. But whatever, still podiumed.

#74 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:00 AM

Surprisingly good race, probably helped a lot by the change to 2 stop by RBR and Ferrari + HAM having to effectively start from the back after lap 1.

#75 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:39 PM

That was a great race...I think the race penalty was fair.  Could be more fair at 5secs then 10. 

Did you guys hear about Santino Ferucci running into his team-mate AFTER the race was done during the F2 race?  4 race ban...https://www.crash.ne...ary-and-belgium

Supposedly him and his Dad were also mocking his team-mate with a faux Indian accent before the race.  There goes having an American driver in F1...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users