428 replies to this topic

#401 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:05 AM

Rubens did not sound happy with the team, Im guessing there will be problems in the team as the year goes on.

Its not really fair though as Rubens has only himself to blame for Australia

How can he be mad? He fucked up on Melbourne, and then fucked up again today.

#402 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:12 AM

Sunday's rain-shortened Grand Prix may have been the first and the last 'twilight' race in Malaysia.

The country's new Prime Minister, and also the boss of the Sepang circuit, said an earlier start time for next year and beyond might be negotiated, given the atrocious weather and the fading light in 2009.

"In the future, we may allocate a different time, perhaps earlier," PM Najib Razak told reporters at Sepang.

"There are also suggestions to do a night race but we need to look at the cost," he said.

Like in Australia a week ago, Malaysia adopted the 'twilight' concept for this season, installing a 5pm start to better serve the bulk European television audience.

But it has been the talk of the paddock this weekend that late afternoon near Kuala Lumpur often coincides with torrential rain, while sunset is also quite early in the evening in this region.

"I had a talk with Bernie just now and we will review it," Sepang track boss Mokhzani Mahathir said after the Malaysian Grand Prix was abandoned on Sunday due to the rain and fading light.

"As to exactly what time we will start next year, we are not sure but we will review the timing for next year's race," he admitted.

Fucking A

#403 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:14 AM

Oh, and i really want a high-res pic of the cars going down the front straight with the condensed water on either side of the rear spoiler. That was awesome.

#404 DocGolem

DocGolem

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:47 AM

Oh, and i really want a high-res pic of the cars going down the front straight with the condensed water on either side of the rear spoiler. That was awesome.

Fucking :rofl:

I wanted that as my wallpaper the second I saw it.

#405 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:44 AM

#406 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:58 AM

:rofl:

Felipe baby stay cool

#407 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:00 AM

#408 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:05 AM

Posted Image

#409 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:53 AM

[im]http://www.skyliner666.com/f1/buttonrain.jpg[/im]

vtec just kicked in yo!

oh wait...

#410 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

Ecclestone: No reason to abandon twilight races

#411 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:07 AM

wooo FOM deleted the video

#412 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

wooo FOM deleted the video

#413 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

not going anywhere for awhile?

#414 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

Posted Image

Ecclestone: No reason to abandon twilight races

We should start a petition against him. Like a serious one that puts his actions into check because right now, there is no check and balance system in FOM. I don't know what would happen, and I havne't really thought this all the way through yet, but I'm just really frustrated by how he's killing F1.

#415 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

We should start a petition against him. Like a serious one that puts his actions into check because right now, there is no check and balance system in FOM. I don't know what would happen, and I havne't really thought this all the way through yet, but I'm just really frustrated by how he's killing F1.

As long as we keep watching races, he wins.

:rofl:

#416 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

#417 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

Footage of Massa's terrifying account at Sepang discovered!

**disclaimer**
FOOTAGE IS DISTURBING

http://www.mediafire...04e75f6e8ebb871

#418 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:32 PM

couldn't find one of those vapor wing picture :rofl: but i did find this

Posted Image

#419 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

That 3/4 shot looks hotness. :rofl:

I'd venture to say, compared to last year's car it looks even better without all those stupid wings, vanes, chimneys, donkey ears sticking out of the car. It's just the front I cannot get used to :h5:

#420 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:50 PM

That 3/4 shot looks hotness. :rofl:

I'd venture to say, compared to last year's car it looks even better without all those stupid wings, vanes, chimneys, donkey ears sticking out of the car. It's just the front I cannot get used to :h5:

The straight front-on view still looks dumb, but i'm getting used to the 3/4, side, etc. angles.

#421 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:53 PM

Button with the perfect weekend

Malaysia
01 J.Button 55:30.622
02 N.Heidfeld +22.7 secs
03 T.Glock +23.5 secs

Fastest Lap
J.Button 1:36.641

Pole Position
J.Button 1:35.181

Brawn
Jenson Button, P1
Rubens Barrichello, P5
When Button was only third at the end of the first lap it seemed like Brawn had a fight on their hands. But the moment Rosberg and Trulli made their first it stops, he lapped a second quicker than anyone else had up to that point and then dominated, despite the need for three pits stops. This was as much a triumph for Brawn as it was for Button, and the whole package gelled beautifully. Barrichello made a great start, was less fortunate in all his pit stops, but was a good fifth to help them extend their constructors̢۪ championship lead.

#422 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

Perfect weekend but how come they still don't have more sponsors. Seriously?! I am honestly, flabberghasted that they do not have sponsors lining up at the Brackley factory begging Brawn to allow sponsors on their car.

#423 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

Perfect weekend but how come they still don't have more sponsors. Seriously?! I am honestly, flabberghasted that they do not have sponsors lining up at the Brackley factory begging Brawn to allow sponsors on their car.

Supposedly they've gotten alot of offers, but they're not going to add any decals or finalize any deals until after the first two races. IIRC, Even the deal with Virgin isn't going to be finalized beyond the first two races until after Malaysia.

#424 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

They must be trying to charge a HUGE premium...or are maybe still in negotiations for an equity partner or title sponsor and don't want to sell all of the car space before they close that deal. :dunno:

#425 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

i'm pretty sure they have sponsors lining up, but it's not like someone can show up, toss some money on the table and in 2 days get their decals on the car... the paperwork to have sponsors must a tad more complicated than that... especially major long term sponsors... that Virgin deal wasn't exactly started and finished while Branson was in the air traveling to Australia, and that deal was just for 2 races...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users