3530 replies to this topic

#101 psykosis

psykosis

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

There's bound to be a ton of F1 fans around Detroit, I'm bet CaSe knows of a few... in Redneckhickville MiSSiSSiPPi though, I'm pretty much skrewed...

I'm 4 hours north of Detroit.

In a tourist town.

#102 ftslogger

ftslogger

Formula Ford

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:27 PM

I am going to try to go to Canada this year...I went to the USGP last year, and even my wife enjoyed it....

I wish I had a VIP pass to the paddocks.

#103 ftslogger

ftslogger

Formula Ford

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

Latest news with Mad Max Mosley

Car manufacturers BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota and Honda have criticised Max Mosley’s alleged sexual behaviour in the strongest terms.

The car makers said the revelations in last Sunday’s News of the World expose had implications far beyond Mosley personally, because they risked damaging Formula 1’s image and the integrity of the governing body.

In a joint statement issued on Thursday morning, BMW and Mercedes-Benz labelled the conduct attributed to Mosley as “disgraceful” and said they “await a response” from the FIA.

“The content of the publications is disgraceful,” the statement said.

“As a company, we strongly distance ourselves from it.

“This incident concerns Max Mosley both personally and as president of the FIA, the global umbrella organisation for motoring clubs.

“Its consequences therefore extend far beyond the motorsport industry.

“We await a response from the relevant FIA bodies.”

Toyota also expressed its disapproval and questioned whether Mosley had upheld the “moral obligations” of his role.

The Japanese manufacturer said it was particularly alarmed by the claim – which Mosley strongly denies – that the FIA president’s sexual activities with prostitutes involved Nazi role-playing.

“Toyota Motorsport does not approve of any behaviour which could be seen to damage Formula 1’s image, in particular any behaviour which could be understood to be racist or anti-Semitic,” said the statement.

“Senior figures within any sport or business, including motorsport, must adhere to high standards of behaviour.

“When all the facts are known, it will be for the FIA to decide whether Mr Mosley has met the moral obligations which come with the position of FIA president.”

Fellow Japanese car giant Honda joined the chorus of criticism and called for the governing body to make an “immediate decision” on Mosley’s future.

"It is necessary that senior figures in sport and business maintain the highest standards of conduct in order to fulfil their duties with integrity and respect," said Honda's statement.

"The Honda Racing F1 Team is extremely disappointed by recent events surrounding Mr Mosley and we are concerned that the reputation of Formula 1 and all its participants is being damaged.

"We request that the FIA gives this matter careful consideration and reaches an immediate decision in the best interests of F1 and motorsport."

Mosley wrote a letter to FIA members on Tuesday apologising for the embarrassment the scandal had caused, but vowed to continue in office and to sue the News of the World for invading his privacy.

However, he has abandoned plans to attend this weekend’s Bahrain Grand Prix, ostensibly because he is too busy preparing legal proceedings.

But The Times revealed on Thursday that the Bahraini royal family had written to Mosley asking him to stay away.

Linky: http://www.itv-f1.co...e.aspx?id=42191

#104 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

Sebastian Vettel on Thursday confirmed that Red Bull blocked his chance to switch to Formula One title challenger McLaren in 2008.

The 20-year-old German looks set to become a hot commodity on the driver market, following his impressive early career as a BMW Sauber test driver and Toro Rosso racer.

His contract, however, is strictly controlled by Red Bull for the next few years, and his bosses were not willing to negotiate when Mercedes-powered McLaren came knocking for a replacing for Fernando Alonso this year.

"Obviously it was a great chance, and you don't get these chances very often in life," Vettel told the British online publication Metro.

"Right now there are two teams you can win the championship with and that's one of them.
But I'm confident enough that this chance will come again, with whatever team that may be. It would have been nice, but in the end I'm not sad," he added.

When asked specifically if Red Bull stood in the way of his McLaren chance, Vettel answered: "Yeah".

"But I don't think I'm being held back, I'm happy still," he added.

:mamoru:

#105 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

Latest news with Mad Max Mosley

Linky: http://www.itv-f1.co...e.aspx?id=42191

I can understand old rich bastards needing to get their freak on but damn. He needs to fade quietly away.

#106 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

Did anybody know there was a race going on?! LOL, everyone's so focused on Mosley.

It's kind of nice...it's more fun than the Stephanygate last year. At least Mosley could possibly get kicked out -- I wonder where he'd work after this. Wal-Mart greeter?

#107 sibs

sibs

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

Max needs to step down. With all the talk about the sport and disrepute last year with Macca, this certainly isnt good press. None of the carmakers want him around, he is being banned from attending events, etc. No one wants him around and he needs to realize it and walk away.

I'm sure Stoddart is LOVING this. :mamoru:

#108 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

Max needs to step down. With all the talk about the sport and disrepute last year with Macca, this certainly isnt good press. None of the carmakers want him around, he is being banned from attending events, etc. No one wants him around and he needs to realize it and walk away.

I'm sure Stoddart is LOVING this. :mamoru:

He's the creepy uncle no one wants around!! :nikko:

#109 psykosis

psykosis

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:23 PM

Did anybody know there was a race going on?! LOL, everyone's so focused on Mosley.

It's kind of nice...it's more fun than the Stephanygate last year. At least Mosley could possibly get kicked out -- I wonder where he'd work after this. Wal-Mart greeter?

he could try Nascar. Everyone else is...

#110 ftslogger

ftslogger

Formula Ford

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

I wonder where he'd work after this. Wal-Mart greeter?

:rofl: - I actually don't like Mosley - but I like the Pit Pass article - Innocent until proven guilty. I think Mosley might hold on for the season and then go away...maybe Bernie will go with him!

#111 ftslogger

ftslogger

Formula Ford

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

he could try Nascar. Everyone else is...

NASCAR is like the cesspool for drivers...Look at the women that attend those events.

Grid girls > Fat, ugly, greasy, corn fed girls.

#112 psykosis

psykosis

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

NASCAR is like the cesspool for drivers...Look at the women that attend those events.

Grid girls > Fat, ugly, greasy, corn fed girls.

I wonder how long Ashley Judd will be hanging w/ that crew. When I saw her at Daytona, she looked WAY out of place...

#113 psykosis

psykosis

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:11 PM

He had a ficus die over the weekend. Word is he's still inconsolable.

His favorite song is "Cry me a river."

#114 Alicante

Alicante

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Suck my fucking balls mclaren

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

Is a nigger

#115 Alicante

Alicante

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

im not liking this board style

#116 Alicante

Alicante

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

needs less darkie colors

#117 doublemeat

doublemeat

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:15 PM

MADE ALONSO HIS BITCH

AND THE BITCH LEFT CRYING

#118 doublemeat

doublemeat

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:15 PM

NOW HE'S FIGHTING MIDPACK

#119 doublemeat

doublemeat

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

AS HIS HELMET HIDES THE TEARS

#120 doublemeat

doublemeat

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

*LAPPED BY HAMILTON*

#121 doublemeat

doublemeat

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

CHEER UP EMO KID

#122 doublemeat

doublemeat

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

Your av is incredible. :rofl:
Hi-res?

sadly, no. :(

#123 doublemeat

doublemeat

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

All the teams now coming out of the woodwork condemning Max (starting with McLaren :rofl: karma bitch).

#124 ftslogger

ftslogger

Formula Ford

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

Continuing saga from Mad Max

http://www.pitpass.c...es_art_id=34351

#125 doublemeat

doublemeat

Formula 3