Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:15 AM

Posted Image

All signs point to wet weekend! yes please

I don't know why, but I've never been this un-interested in the results of a championship. I use to be a huge Button fan, but I'm really unimpressed by his lack of performance in the second half of the season. Rubens is ok but never been among my favs. Vettel is awesome to watch and I hope he wins it, but all the drama the last two years has taken a lot of excitement out of F1 for me. I suppose it's better late than never that F1 gets back on track to the only news that matter, not all that other crap that's been going on all season.

Let's hope that when Todt becomes FIA head honcho, he straightens shit out.

#3 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:25 AM

I think because at the start this season was dominated by car advantage and then in the second half its like nobody wants it and they're all fumbling about :/ takes the excitement out.

Im always up for a wet gp though

#4 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:49 AM

I think because at the start this season was dominated by car advantage and then in the second half its like nobody wants it and they're all fumbling about :/ takes the excitement out.

Im always up for a wet gp though

yeah wet GP's are always fun. It makes the field wide open!

#5 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:30 AM

Posted Image

#6 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

On the whole Button thing, the pundits make a good point. Had it been flipped and Button stormed the last 6 of 7 races after a consistent points finishing season, people would be shitting their britches with joy. They started the year with a good car, and everyone else began to catch up. Is Button as good of a driver as Louise, Fred, Kimi? Probably not, but he's remarkably consistent and in my opinion deserves the title as much as anyone.

Here's to Brawn GP and Jenson wrapping up the title this weekend!

#7 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

On the whole Button thing, the pundits make a good point. Had it been flipped and Button stormed the last 6 of 7 races after a consistent points finishing season, people would be shitting their britches with joy. They started the year with a good car, and everyone else began to catch up. Is Button as good of a driver as Louise, Fred, Kimi? Probably not, but he's remarkably consistent and in my opinion deserves the title as much as anyone.

I know i'm going to get flack for this, but I think I've said it before and I'm stick with it...
Jenson is a mid-fielder, he's a close to the front mid-fielder, but still a mid-fielder, this year he's lucked out and got the best car on the grid for the first 1/2 dozen races... he's gone from being a no body to a front runner because of the car... if McLaren and Ferrari had their shit together from the start of the season, Jenson and Rubens would be fighting positions 4-6...

#8 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

yet more one-off sponsorships for brawn...
Posted Image

#9 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

There's a problem with that train of thought. He got all those wins at the start because of a clear car advantage and when people caught up he is nowhere, that kinda shows that he's not good enough to be up there with the 'big boys'. I think he would be viewed the same if it were flipped. Imagine him bumbling around in the midfield getting ~20 points in the first half of the season then SUDDENLY he starts winning everything, what does that say about him/car? You need consistency.

#10 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

Mark Webber says he intends to go flat out to earn the best possible result for himself in the Brazilian Grand Prix rather than supporting his Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel's title bid.

Vettel needs at least a win and a second place in the final two rounds to overhaul the Brawns, and said earlier today that he expects Webber would help him to secure those results if necessary.

But when asked if he would be driving to team orders at Interlagos, Webber replied: "I doubt it."

"My guys are fired up for a good result, so we're going to come here and try and get one."

Webber also believes Jenson Button would be the most deserving champion of the three contenders - on the grounds that he has done the best job this year even though he did have a car advantage at times.

"There's no one else that deserves it more than him," said Webber.

"He's won more races than anyone.

"He's done a lot of overtaking, the other guys haven't done that.

"He's done a lot to get himself out of sticky situations to keep his championship alive, and I don't think other people have done that.

"Is Jenson the best driver in the field? That's another question.

"Is he going to win the championship and will he deserve it? Yes.

"Is he the best driver? Was Damon Hill the best driver in 1996?

"The car is (a) very powerful (factor)."

Webber was also a title contender in the middle of the season following his Nurburgring win, but has failed to score a point since Hungary.

He feels he lost out through bad luck and Red Bull's brief slump rather than under-performance, although he admitted he was kicking himself for his costly crash in practice at Suzuka - where Vettel dominated.

"Suzuka was really disappointing for me because that was my first big missed opportunity where the car was good and I wasn't there," said Webber.

"If I really want to be critical of myself and where I haven't performed, I'm still quite happy with a lot of those races where we couldn't get points anyway.

"It's quite unbelievable that we haven't had a point since Budapest, but we know why - there have been a lot of different reasons why we haven't finished in the points in those races."

I agree with some points especially DH comparison, but cmon brah its your job to help skittle now. Unless he is just saying that so its no suspicious I dunno.

#11 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

I agree with some points especially DH comparison, but cmon brah its your job to help skittle now. Unless he is just saying that so its no suspicious I dunno.

Pretty fucking punk ass to not support your teammate in a situation like this. It's not like they have a louise/emo hatefest going on.

Suck it up, swallow your pride, help your teammate.

#12 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:05 AM

There's a problem with that train of thought. He got all those wins at the start because of a clear car advantage and when people caught up he is nowhere, that kinda shows that he's not good enough to be up there with the 'big boys'. I think he would be viewed the same if it were flipped. Imagine him bumbling around in the midfield getting ~20 points in the first half of the season then SUDDENLY he starts winning everything, what does that say about him/car? You need consistency.

Eh, Lewis and Co hav nothing to lose, as evidenced by his driving at Spa. As such, they're going to take more risks than Jens and Boobens (more so the former).

Jenson has rarely, if ever, been outpaced massively by Boobens outside of the Euro GP. Brawn has alot less resources than their competitors over at Ferrari, McMerc and Red Bull. So it's only logical that they're going to fall down the grid over the course of the season as their rivals have less to lose and more to spend.

#13 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:18 AM

Pretty fucking punk ass to not support your teammate in a situation like this. It's not like they have a louise/emo hatefest going on.

Suck it up, swallow your pride, help your teammate.

Eh, I still think the team orders shit is garbage.

If it wasn't for Team Orders, Kimi wouldn't have won in 07 when he clearly wasn't really the best driver.... that honor going to either Lewis or Alonso.

Between this and MW's refusal to move from Flav's management company, perhaps there's more going on behind the scenes at RBR and/or with Webbo than we know... like maybe he's already been giving his end-of-season walking papers by RB, for whatever reason.

#14 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:48 AM

Eh, Lewis and Co hav nothing to lose, as evidenced by his driving at Spa. As such, they're going to take more risks than Jens and Boobens (more so the former).

Jenson has rarely, if ever, been outpaced massively by Boobens outside of the Euro GP. Brawn has alot less resources than their competitors over at Ferrari, McMerc and Red Bull. So it's only logical that they're going to fall down the grid over the course of the season as their rivals have less to lose and more to spend.

he's been outpaced by boobens for the whole of the second half (I read its because boobens finally came to grips with the brakes, probably just stopped moaning and started driving though).

also driving at the back/in the midfield is more risky than safe, as spa showed

if the car isnt there neither is jense

#15 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:03 AM

I havent seen shi post in an F1 related thread in ages :(

#16 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:22 AM

he's been outpaced by boobens for the whole of the second half (I read its because boobens finally came to grips with the brakes, probably just stopped moaning and started driving though).

:(

Personally I think that early season the Brawns were so dominant that they could just focus on race setup without having to compromise for quali. Now that their advantage has been wiped away by the opposition they actually need to set the car up to qualify, and as a consequence the car is simply not as 'easy' to drive for Jens on raceday anymore.

#17 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:52 AM

Not really.

Britian
3 23 Rubens Barrichello
6 22 Jenson Button

Germany
5 22 Jenson Button
6 23 Rubens Barrichello

Hungary
7 22 Jenson Button
10 23 Rubens Barrichello

Europe (this is the big one)
1 23 Rubens Barrichello
7 22 Jenson Button

Spa (I can't really blame Jenson for this one)
7 23 Rubens Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 44 +35.4 secs 4 2
Ret 22 Jenson Button Brawn-Mercedes 0 Accident 14

Italy
1 23 Rubens Barrichello
2 22 Jenson Button

Singapore
5 22 Jenson Button
6 23 Rubens Barrichello

7 23 Rubens Barrichello
8 22 Jenson Button

The times on the gaps are never far off each other, when they finish in order.

And boobnes is still bitching, from what I hear. Like trying to blame the team for his car stalling in the pit stop in Singapore.

And neither is Kimi, Lewis, Alonso, Vettel or the rest of the 'top runners'. Most everyone (save Kimi with his late-season rubbish teammates) have been pretty close to their sister car all season save a few examples..... well, maybe not Lewis or Alonso...... :(

#18 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:53 AM

:(

Personally I think that early season the Brawns were so dominant that they could just focus on race setup without having to compromise for quali. Now that their advantage has been wiped away by the opposition they actually need to set the car up to qualify, and as a consequence the car is simply not as 'easy' to drive for Jens on raceday anymore.

Their cars have had problems with tire temps in cool weather since day-1. Pair that with the fact that the other teams are catching up and you're seeing their performance vary greatly as the conditions change.

#19 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:25 AM

And neither is Kimi, Lewis, Alonso, Vettel or the rest of the 'top runners'. Most everyone (save Kimi with his late-season rubbish teammates) have been pretty close to their sister car all season save a few examples..... well, maybe not Lewis or Alonso...... :(

Except for Kimi & Vettel, Alonso & Lewis have done way better than their team-mates. I'm saying that as a Kimi / Vettel fan :run:

I still think there's something lacking in Jensons game. Maybe it's perceived and the problem really isn't there...but I honestly think that Jensen needs an absolutely perfect car to win, where the prior 4 can make do with a lesser car. That's really the mark of a 'great' driver to be honest. Making a slow car fast, and for the most part it is in my own opinion that Vettel/Kimi (in the McLarens)/Alonso/Lewis has always flattered their ride in terms of performance. And I say that when you compare their performance against that of their team-mates. Not only through quali, but the entire race weekend...

And I'm willing to throw Massa into that mix currently b/c he has beaten Kimi so well, and almost beat Lewis last year. I *used* to regard Jens as the "best of the rest" after the top 4 or 5, but now I'm not even so sure about that...

#20 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:12 AM

Except for Kimi & Vettel, Alonso & Lewis have done way better than their team-mates. I'm saying that as a Kimi / Vettel fan :(

I still think there's something lacking in Jensons game. Maybe it's perceived and the problem really isn't there...but I honestly think that Jensen needs an absolutely perfect car to win, where the prior 4 can make do with a lesser car. That's really the mark of a 'great' driver to be honest. Making a slow car fast, and for the most part it is in my own opinion that Vettel/Kimi (in the McLarens)/Alonso/Lewis has always flattered their ride in terms of performance. And I say that when you compare their performance against that of their team-mates. Not only through quali, but the entire race weekend...

And I'm willing to throw Massa into that mix currently b/c he has beaten Kimi so well, and almost beat Lewis last year. I *used* to regard Jens as the "best of the rest" after the top 4 or 5, but now I'm not even so sure about that...

I'd have to agree with redliner on this one. Jenson use to be "the best of the rest" outside of the top 4, but I think Massa has stepped up to that spot and now Jenson is one behind him. However if Massa can continue his from from last yr, then I'd make it a top 5 and re-promote Jenson back to "the best of the rest".

#21 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:45 PM

Recycled plastic trophies for Brazil GPRacing series F1
Date 2009-10-16

By Motorsport.com/GMM

The top three finishers at Interlagos on Sunday will be presented with environmentally-friendly recycled plastic trophies.

The Brazilian chemical company Braskem is working from an on-site laboratory and over the three-day event will collect blue caps from disposable drinks bottles.

They will be ground and melted and then pressed into blocks and cut into shape, the blue plastic feature atop a wooden base.

Posted Image

#22 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

dunno what language this is.. but here's a feed of FP1: http://www.justin.tv/kosajaro

#23 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

http://www.eplsite.com/channel2.html this sounds french, same feed?

#24 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:24 PM

Piquet had a seat lined up at Toro Rosso before crash scandal

Posted on | October 16, 2009 | by James Allen | 26 Comments

There is a postscript today to the story of Nelson Piquet and the Singapore crash fixing scandal.

Nelson’s father has spoken to Gazzetta dello Sport’s Pino Allievi about the background to the story and it makes very interesting reading. He has no sympathy for Renault boss Flavio Briatore, who has been banned from motorsport for life,
“He deserved it,” says Piquet. “Admittedly it wasn’t his idea, but to convince a young driver to do something like that is huge. He should stay far away from racing.”

Piquet reveals that he was keen to move his son on from Renault at the end of 2008 and says that he had lined him up a good alternative,

“It was (Flavio) Briatore who wanted an extension (for 2009). I wanted Nelsinho to leave Renault and had found him a seat at Toro Rosso with Gerhard Berger. But Nelsinsho wanted to stay with Renault because there was the chance that Alonso would go to Ferrari.”

Piquet reveals that he spoke to Briatore at the Hungarian Grand Prix about Nelson’s likely sacking and Briatore told him to take him to court if he had a problem “He spoke with the air of superiority which is typical of someone who thinks he cannot be touched,” he said. Piquet became angry and went to see FIA president Max Mosley, who told him to get his son to make a sworn statement.

Mosley would have already known about the Singapore crash because Piquet Sr had told the FIA’s Charlie Whiting about it last November. The FIA was clearly biding its time on this one. Mosley offered Piquet immunity and, according to his father, “I told him it was up to him to decide whether to go ahead with it or not, with the risk that he may never drive in F1 again. He took four days to decide then went to Mosley.”

Piquet again implicated Fernando Alonso in the scandal, “They all knew about it, ” he says. “Do you think Alonso would conceive a race where he starts 15th and makes a pit stop almost straight away? It was a perfect plan.”

After Massa raising it yesterday, you get the feeling that this is not going to go away for Alonso, despite being cleared by the FIA world council of involvement and despite the fact that none of the protagonists in the case has mentioned him in their evidence.

Incidentally, Alonso said that he intends to speak to Massa today in the Interlagos paddock, “Not about this story, but about his health. The most important piece of news this week is that he drove an F1 car at Fiorano and has recovered 100%. I want to ask him how he found Ferrari when he first went there and get some advice from him, to make it easier for me to fit in. He’s been there three or four years and I have to learn everything.”

lolrofl

#25 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

lolrofl

Nelson needs to learn something (ala Alonso)
&
Nelson needs to step away from his dad... dude is killing his career...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users