Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

its about damn time. hopefully i'll be going again next year. :bowdown:

#3 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:14 AM

I am going to be there!

#4 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Unless F1 totally sux next year...

#5 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

I'll still prolly go anyway...

#6 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

f1 crew officially meet? :bowdown:

#7 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

I missed out on Canada '08 and I seriously regret it! The OTF1crew meetup sounded like a good time. I had so much fun in '07 I promised myself I would go back as soon as it was back on the calendar. Lets get a group together..

#8 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

a few other things..

Silverstone >>>> Donnington. what a disgrace.

Suzuka, really, awesome! I know its back for this year (09) but I thought then they began a rotating schedule with Fuji?

Hockenheim, booooring. I love Nurburgring years. Maybe if Vettel goes as Schumi-like a second yearly German GP will be back.

Fuck abu dahbi. They can be second to last, but Brazil should remain the closing race. Interlagos is so fucking epic.

Thank god Hungary lives on. :wavey: For some reason a lot of people dont like it but it always produces such surprising results I love the hungaroring.

#9 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:36 PM

a few other things..

Silverstone >>>> Donnington. what a disgrace.

Suzuka, really, awesome! I know its back for this year (09) but I thought then they began a rotating schedule with Fuji?

Hockenheim, booooring. I love Nurburgring years. Maybe if Vettel goes as Schumi-like a second yearly German GP will be back.

Fuck abu dahbi. They can be second to last, but Brazil should remain the closing race. Interlagos is so fucking epic.

Thank god Hungary lives on. :hs: For some reason a lot of people dont like it but it always produces such surprising results I love the hungaroring.

IIRC, Fuji dropped.

#10 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:48 AM

i'll be in montreal next year as long as F1 is still good

#11 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:07 AM

sneaky sand people putting monies in bernie's pocket to get teh last race of teh season

#12 dgr81

dgr81

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:29 AM

first post edited with latest schedule.

#13 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

Belgium may be out, as Spa lost their license due to 'noise complaints' from neighbors.....

http://en.f1-live.co...923155736.shtml

#14 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

Belgium may be out, as Spa lost their license due to 'noise complaints' from neighbors.....

its being fought back though and they are even racing this weekend...

Noise row temporarily closes Spa

By Edd Straw Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 17:04 GMT

Spa Francorchamps start 2009Belgian Grand Prix venue Spa Francorchamps has been reopened following the suspension of a ruling which temporarily closed the circuit because of noise complaints, AUTOSPORT understands.

The track was briefly closed in response to complaints raised by a not-for-profit anti-noise organisation whose name literally translates as 'the quiet ones'. Although the group originally lodged its objection in 2007, the local authorities did not take action until this week, when a 17-year closure order was imposed.

However, following a meeting of government officials, sources have said that the closure of the circuit has been called off pending further legal discussions to take place next week following Spa's decision to appeal against the decision.

This means that this weekend's blue riband Spa Six Hours historic event can go ahead, although a lasting solution to the noise disputes still needs to be found.

Circuit boss Pierre-Alain Thibaut admitted in an interview with Belgium's Le Soir that the situation "calls the whole viability of the track into question", but added that since the original complaints were made the track has made significant developments in reducing the environmental impact of its activities.

"Since the complaint was made, the situation has changed," said Thibaut. "The track has worked hard to reduce noise pollution and our relationship with local residents has been much improved."

Sources at Spa claim that the track complies with the stipulated noise limits, and are hopeful that the situation will not threaten the long-term future of the circuit.

#15 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

:mad:

#16 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

:mad:

fucking shiyan :dunno:

#17 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

:dunno: fucking shit.

Hearing the 07 V8s echo around the Ardennes Forrest was about the closest to God I've ever felt :noes:

#18 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:01 PM

fucking shiyan :dunno:

dawt.

Fix this shit son.

#19 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:45 AM

fucking shiyan :mamoru:

:mamoru: :o :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#20 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:46 AM

shiyan and wanting interrupting race fans with their love-making

#21 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:49 AM

shit was too loud

#22 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:48 PM

shiyan and wanting interrupting race fans with their love-making

The noise complaints were about the sound of two shrieking Asians getting freaky in the middle of the track. :mamoru:

#23 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:36 AM

Cregan defends state funded extravagance

The boss of F1's newest venue has defended the unprecedented project as Abu Dhabi prepares to host the 2009 season finale this weekend.

The new Yas Marina Circuit, while remarkable in scale and extravagance, has some of F1's seasoned observers unimpressed, as Bernie Ecclestone takes the sport to new and well-heeled corners of the globe while popular and traditional venues struggle to survive.

The track boasts a five-star hotel that straddles the circuit and lights up in multi-colours at night, a section of underground pit exit and details never before seen in F1 -- such as air-conditioned pit garages.

The man in charge has been Irishman Richard Cregan, formerly Toyota's team manager, and he shrugs at the suggestion that bottomless state coffers should be buying the places of time-honoured grand prix hosts like Britain and France.

"No one has a god-given right to a grand prix," he told the Daily Telegraph.

Cregan likened F1's global appeal to the Olympics and the World Cup, suggesting that if anyone can be blamed for the turning tide, it is the governments of the endangered F1 hosts.

"A lot of the new circuits around the world have got government help to make them happen. Maybe the government should get involved in the UK or elsewhere," he said.

I actually agree with Cregan on this point. Countries with historic F1 races such as Great Britian, France, Germany, Belgium or at least local councils should fork out some money to help promote these races as it is quite a tourist attraction and local businesses can gain significantly from these events. People who come to the races will spend, and local business who make money will pay income tax and the government will get money back into the fiscal budget.

Of course, the obvious point is that there needs to be balance, and that the money being spent to promote these events actually makes enough of a profit or break even so local governments can justify this type of spending. So they should entice Bernie with some kind of deal so that he is inclined to give the race a discount. But of course this all depends on Bernie not getting too hot headed and thinking he can charge what ever he wants.

#24 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:10 AM

I agree in principle, however in practice the prices are artificially inflated by these new shitty tilkedromes that dont mind making a huge loss for the 'prestige' of hosting a GP even though grandstands are empty half the time. Compare Turkey or Bahrain this year with GB or Suzuka and tell me that isn't bullshit. And guess what? Packed GPs struggled to break even because of Bernie's bullshit costs that the new hosts eat up like Blizzard fans do with WoW expansions.

#25 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:41 AM

I agree in principle, however in practice the prices are artificially inflated by these new shitty tilkedromes that dont mind making a huge loss for the 'prestige' of hosting a GP even though grandstands are empty half the time. Compare Turkey or Bahrain this year with GB or Suzuka and tell me that isn't bullshit. And guess what? Packed GPs struggled to break even because of Bernie's bullshit costs that the new hosts eat up like Blizzard fans do with WoW expansions.

botton line, Bernie needs to die and someone with a bit more business sense (for the sport) should take over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users