Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:02 AM

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/66360

Mosley launches lawsuit against newspaper

By Jonathan Noble Friday, April 4th 2008, 18:19 GMT

FIA president Max Mosley has begun legal proceedings against the News of the World over the allegations made in last week's newspaper, autosport.com has learned.

Mosley has been at the centre of controversy all week following an article published in the paper last week exposing details of his private life.

And amid the backdrop of growing calls for Mosley to resign over the matter, it was revealed on Friday night that legal action has now begun.

A spokesman for Mosley told autosport.com: "Lawyers representing Mr. Mosley have today served proceedings against the News of the World, claiming unlimited damages."

It is understood that Mosley is pursuing what he believes to be an invasion of privacy in the report.

Mosley has called an extraordinary meeting of the FIA's general assembly to discuss the matter, with the hope of providing what he hopes will be 'total clarity' about the situation to members of the sport's governing body.

The 67-year-old wrote a letter to members of the FIA last week apologising for any embarrasment caused by the revelations about his private life.

He made it clear that he intended to continue in his role as president of the organisation and pursue legal action against the newspaper in question.

Mosley wrote: "It is against the law in most countries to publish details of a person's private life without good reason. The publications by The News of the World are a wholly unwarranted invasion of my privacy and I intend to issue legal proceedings against the Newspaper in the UK and other jurisdictions."

#2 DocGolem

DocGolem

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:34 AM

I love how he claims it is invasion of privacy, yet he makes videos of it.

#3 f1manoz

f1manoz

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

So... if it's an invasion of privacy, he's admitting he visited the hookers???

Oh, and I don't think he would have video'd it himself. This was an 'undercover investigation'.

In New of the World terms, who can we fuck over next? They are known for wanting to ruin every reputation possible.

#4 f1manoz

f1manoz

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

In the letter, Mosley wrote: "Had I been caught driving excessively fast on a public road or over the alcohol limit (even in, say, Sweden where it is very low) I should have resigned the same day.

"As it is, a scandal paper obtained by illegal means pictures of something I did in private which, although unacceptable to some people, was harmless and completely legal.

"Many people do things in their bedrooms or have personal habits which others find repugnant. But as long as they keep them private, nobody objects."

Mosley has initiated proceedings against the News of the World for unlimited damages for publishing the story last Sunday of his involvement in the sado-masochistic orgy.

Mosley has denied the Nazi-style element of the reports.

"The offence seems to be not what I did but the fact that it became public," wrote Mosley. "But I played no role in this, indeed I did my utmost to ensure it remained private. I was the victim of a disgusting conspiracy.

"It goes without saying that the so-called Nazi element is pure fabrication. This will become crystal clear when the matter comes to trial. The newspaper invented this in order to spice up their story and introduce my family background."

Shit, this is going to get funny!!!

#5 PittHockey

PittHockey

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:48 AM

unlimited damages?

who is he, the emperor?

#6 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:27 PM

Stolen from pf1

Posted Image

#7 Alicante

Alicante

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Suck my fucking balls mclaren

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

Posted Image

#8 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:12 PM

So... if it's an invasion of privacy, he's admitting he visited the hookers???

Oh, and I don't think he would have video'd it himself. This was an 'undercover investigation'.

In New of the World terms, who can we fuck over next? They are known for wanting to ruin every reputation possible.

http://en.f1-live.co...405144237.shtml

I believe that twenty first century adults do not worry about private sexual matters as long as they are legal and harmless.

yup.. he's definitely not going to even try and deny it was him in the video. i think from his perspective it was just another S&M orgy, nothing new to him at all, and he was set up by the hookers who secretly filmed him (probably under contract from NOTW). then to rub it in NOTW added the nazi spin on things, which was done to boost publicity of the affair.

i'm no S&M expert but think of all the things that NOTW pointed out, prison torture, nazi concentration camp, etc.. the hooker was the one pretending it was a prison scene and checking his hair for lice, mad max was just sitting there blindfolded. the whole premise of S&M is bondage so the spankings are not out of the norm there. he apparently said "she needs more of ze punishment", but that could also be NOTW putting the spin on the whole nazi theme.. if it was "she needs more of the punishment" then big whoop, sounds like your every day S&M again.

and wtf bernie heil hitler pic?

#9 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

I think the Speed guys made a good point during qualifying. The Prince of Bahrain or whatever excluded Bernie from the GP weekend when news first broke. For some cultures, even the adultery is enough of a blow to Mosley's reputation for him to have to resign.

I think Chiuy made this same point earlier as well.

#10 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:15 AM

Who would have thought Max was such a freak

#11 f1manoz

f1manoz

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:26 AM

I think the Speed guys made a good point during qualifying. The Prince of Bahrain or whatever excluded Bernie from the GP weekend when news first broke. For some cultures, even the adultery is enough of a blow to Mosley's reputation for him to have to resign.

I think Chiuy made this same point earlier as well.

Just because some countries are backwards on their outlook on sexuality doesn't mean Mosley should have to resign.

#12 scoob_13

scoob_13

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

Just because some countries are backwards on their outlook on sexuality doesn't mean Mosley should have to resign.

Shut your face, if it means he's gone...woot.

#13 f1manoz

f1manoz

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

Who the fuck are you asshole?

#14 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

unlimited damages?

who is he, the emperor?

:squint:

no, he thinks hes the Führer :wavey:

#15 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

this is about the only thing i hear. everyone just loves that they have an excuse to get rid of Mosley. including me :biggthumb:

#16 rlolz

rlolz

Formula Ford

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

may be bad for the sport though :hs: those countries wont drop their beliefs regardless of the outcome of this lawsuit or any other argument/discussion about max's life now...

#17 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:03 PM

isnt he still married to jean taylor? if so, in what countries is cheating on your wife with 5 hookers acceptable btw?

#18 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

backwards or not, if you're the head of an international organization, you respect people's cultures, don't want to do that? then don't be the head of something international.

#19 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:23 AM

:mamoru:

They were just talking about Mosley on Jon Stewart!

#20 b7r

b7r

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Nascar

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

They also mentioned Max on a night time talk show here. It was quite funny.

#21 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:41 PM

backwards or not, if you're the head of an international organization, you respect people's cultures, don't want to do that? then don't be the head of something international.

Dawt....if you want to do business with these countries, you have to play by their rules and adapt to their standards.

#22 rlolz

rlolz

Formula Ford

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:57 PM

isnt he still married to jean taylor? if so, in what countries is cheating on your wife with 5 hookers acceptable btw?

im going to assume that you misread what i wrote. i was saying max may be a liability to the sport now.

#23 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:01 PM

im going to assume that you misread what i wrote. i was saying max may be a liability to the sport now.

quoted the wrong post :eek3:

edited...

#24 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

some more updates on the max issue:

Mosley lost the injunction against News of the World to stop showing the video, so NotW can still show it if they want
Canada and New Zealand motor associations have denounced Mosley
FIA will hold a vote of confidence with secret ballots on June 3rd

#25 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

some more updates on the max issue:

Mosley lost the injunction against News of the World to stop showing the video, so NotW can still show it if they want
Canada and New Zealand motor associations have denounced Mosley
FIA will hold a no confidence vote on June 3rd

2 more months to kick this guy out....wow.

Oh, and is anyone else curious to see the whole video, or am I just sick?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users