#26 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

Austin race moved to Nov 2nd.

That means that Friday before is Halloween. In Austin. With all the silly hot girls. And it'll very likely still be warm.

That this is going to be AWESOME. :bowdown:

Also, it seems that all the lodgings haven't caught on to the date change, so all the places to stay are still silly cheap.

I'm going to book a place that allows cancelations just incase I can't make it. But I'm going to try. Any recomended areas?

#27 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:18 AM

I'm going to book a place that allows cancelations just incase I can't make it. But I'm going to try. Any recomended areas?

Downtown or South Congress.

Honestly, we've been using AirBNB, so I don't know where hotel concentrations are outside of downtown.

#28 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

Honestly, we've been using AirBNB, so I don't know where hotel concentrations are outside of downtown.

You guys just need to move to Austin, lol. The women are le hot...but they're getting a little too into themselves. It's turning into mini Dallas off 6th and Congress. I'm there way too often but some the attractions that draw you guys are probably a little too rowdy for me now. I think I'm getting old ...Now I know how DickAction and Yonson felt in Montreal :o

#29 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

just booked a room at Ramada Inn just outside of Austin (3 miles downtown/15 miles to COTA).... just under $200 for both nights (Oct 31/Nov 1)
rooms are going quick... everything downtowny is booked or like $500+/night, looking at the "people who have booked in the past 24 hours" type info and the numbers are way up there...

#30 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

You guys just need to move to Austin, lol. The women are le hot...but they're getting a little too into themselves. It's turning into mini Dallas off 6th and Congress. I'm there way too often but some the attractions that draw you guys are probably a little too rowdy for me now. I think I'm getting old ...Now I know how DickAction and Yonson felt in Montreal :o

I had a very narrow window of actually enjoying dance clubs. 3 years where I had enough money to not get pissed about 13$ drinks and was still single.

Committed relationship + going to a club without your SO = yawn.

#31 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

Troof, I enjoyed the hell out of myself down there. Kinda regretting buying this house now, haha.

#32 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

FIA announces double points for final race. What sort of mickey mouse shit is this? Way too early for an April Fools joke. :squint:

http://www.crash.net...al-f1-race.html

http://www.gpupdate....ints-from-2014/

#33 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Funny thing is that it would have had literally 0 impact on 2011 and 2013 or any blowout championship, so what's the point?

#34 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Points for pole/fast lap would've been better.

#35 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Points for pole/fast lap would've been better.

a point for fast lap and pole would be a much better idea, I agree. Would love to see some lower gridded teams go for an all out, super hot lap just to attempt for pole and mix up the grid a little bit.

#36 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

WHOA, did you guys see the rest of the changes coming?

Permanent numbers for F1 drivers (FINALLY...)
A mutually agreed upon budget cap for 2015...
5 Sec penalties added

Not bad FIA...not bad.

#37 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

WHOA, did you guys see the rest of the changes coming?

Permanent numbers for F1 drivers (FINALLY...)
A mutually agreed upon budget cap for 2015...
5 Sec penalties added

Not bad FIA...not bad.

i do like the permanent numbers... and Todt is on a roll after getting reelected.

#38 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:14 AM

#39 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

i do like the permanent numbers... and Todt is on a roll after getting reelected.

The 5sec added penalty instead of the pit lane drive thru is perfect. Keeps the driver in the fight and then he also knows now that he'll have to have 5secs plus on top of the previous driver at the end to keep that spot. It's actually the ideal way to have a racing penalty...

The numbers make marketing and following a driver that much easier.

But I really do not like the double points finish however. Point changes should affect history very little and respect the champions of the past - however this rule change would've changed the outcome of 10 finishes in the history of F1. Not cool.

#40 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

The 5sec added penalty instead of the pit lane drive thru is perfect. Keeps the driver in the fight and then he also knows now that he'll have to have 5secs plus on top of the previous driver at the end to keep that spot. It's actually the ideal way to have a racing penalty...

The numbers make marketing and following a driver that much easier.

But I really do not like the double points finish however. Point changes should affect history very little and respect the champions of the past - however this rule change would've changed the outcome of 10 finishes in the history of F1. Not cool.

It's just so fucking arbitrary. Hey, lets make the 2nd half of the season worth double points, with the last race worth five times the number of points, or hey lets just award random double points bonus pickups that drivers have to get by doing a scavenger hunt pre-race. Either of these suggestions are equally as moronic as the suggestion to arbitrarily double the points value for a single race.

If Vettel clinches the championship, it's because he and his team have done better than anybody else throughout the entire season. Having anyone else get the jump because they had a good final race is just stupid.

#41 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

It's just so fucking arbitrary. Hey, lets make the 2nd half of the season worth double points, with the last race worth five times the number of points, or hey lets just award random double points bonus pickups that drivers have to get by doing a scavenger hunt pre-race. Either of these suggestions are equally as moronic as the suggestion to arbitrarily double the points value for a single race.

If Vettel clinches the championship, it's because he and his team have done better than anybody else throughout the entire season. Having anyone else get the jump because they had a good final race is just stupid.

I wonder if this could get changed...the seasons still really far away. Perhaps they will re-think things?

#42 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Lotus F1 has become the new Red Bull in terms of having fun and not taking things too seriously.

Posted Image

#43 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Lotus F1 has become the new Red Bull in terms of having fun and not taking things too seriously.

Posted Image

or just a really good marketing team, lol.

#44 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

Not F1 related but still interesting to me... LMP1 engines for the big 3 next year
Porsche: Gasoline-burning four-cylinder engine with direct injection and two energy recovery systems
Audi: V6 turbodiesel and single electric motor
Toyota: Naturally-aspirated V8 and single electric motor

#45 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

Not F1 related but still interesting to me... LMP1 engines for the big 3 next year
Porsche: Gasoline-burning four-cylinder engine with direct injection and two energy recovery systems
Audi: V6 turbodiesel and single electric motor
Toyota: Naturally-aspirated V8 and single electric motor

I did chuckle a bit at the thought that the world's fastest Porsche is going to be a 4-banger hybrid.

#46 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Sutil finally moving to a different team, WDC2014

#47 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

Sutil finally moving to a different team, WDC2014

Ok honestly...how does Sutil still have a seat in F1?

#48 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

I don't think he's that bad, will be interesting to see if he beats perez.

#49 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

Threatens to slit your throat with a broken bottle if you don't offer a seat? :o

I kid... He's not racing at Lotus next year

#50 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

Wait Perez is at FIndia with Hulk isn't he. Who is the other Sauber driver?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users