909 replies to this topic

#101 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:52 AM

for some reason i've always liked that guy, i have no idea why or any reason...

I think I want him to do well, simply because he was pretty evenly matched with Speed, and it justifies SS' abilities. :)

#102 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says he is working on a deal to have a grand prix in New York by 2012.

"I'm trying to do it for 2012," Ecclestone told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"It would be in front of Manhattan, in New Jersey, with the skyscrapers in the background, 15 minutes from the heart of New York to the circuit, it would be marvellous."

The United States has no Formula 1 race now, after Indianapolis was dropped from the calendar following the 2007 race.

Ecclestone also said he was hoping to have a grand prix in Rome too, but made it clear that Monza was not under threat.

"I hope we'll have it, it would be nice," he said. "The promoters seem resolute. I repeat once again that there's never been the intention of taking Monza off the calendar, and alternating hasn't even been considered.

"Monza is Monza and it's the venue of the Italian GP. Rome will be something else."

i hope it's not another street circuit...

#103 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

i hope it's not another street circuit...

Streets of Hoboken? :rofl: At least the Tifosi would be in full effect :)

Really there'd only be 2 options, a street race much uglier than Valencia or Singapore, or parking lot race like the old Las Vegas GP.

#104 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

Speaking from experience, there is not a single road in 100 miles of NYC that is suitable for this. :) That shit would be horrible. Just go to Laguna Seca for fucks sake. Track officials were able to get it ready for MotoGP, why not F1? My thoughts then turn to Sonoma, the Glen or VIR. But each of those has many marks against it..

#105 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

http://www.castroldriverrankings.com/
How many weeks until Jens starts tumbling down the ranking? I bet after this race if Vettel gets another top 3.

:rofl: that Junior is still ranked 19th amongst F1 drivers...

those rankings are a fucking joke

Posted Image

:hs: i would kill to be that guy

They're on all of my PFF1 teams, IIRC.

I still like Liuzzi, for some reason.

Me too man, i think he just doesnt give a shit about drama and bangs bitches, kinda like vettel, just not a WDC contender :rofl:

#106 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:28 AM

Speaking from experience, there is not a single road in 100 miles of NYC that is suitable for this. :rofl: That shit would be horrible. Just go to Laguna Seca for fucks sake. Track officials were able to get it ready for MotoGP, why not F1? My thoughts then turn to Sonoma, the Glen or VIR. But each of those has many marks against it..

Road America was originally designed to be an F1 track....

#107 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:48 AM

Posted Image

caption should read:

I'm a fat chick, I don't get "it" often. I will let you do ANYTHING you want with me!

#108 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:50 AM

Speaking from experience, there is not a single road in 100 miles of NYC that is suitable for this. :rofl: That shit would be horrible. Just go to Laguna Seca for fucks sake. Track officials were able to get it ready for MotoGP, why not F1? My thoughts then turn to Sonoma, the Glen or VIR. But each of those has many marks against it..

How much work would it really take to turn Watkins Glen into a F1 ready track???

#109 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

How much work would it really take to turn Watkins Glen into a F1 ready track???

They used to run F1 there. We have the (original) posters up at my old werk.

The problem with most US tracks I've been to is that the facilities are HIGHLY lacking for F1. And it'll take a LOT of money to get them up to snuff, which most tracks simply don't have.

#110 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

Fucking lol

Virgin forced to increase fuel tank size

By Jonathan Noble Friday, March 26th 2010, 03:48 GMT

Virgin Racing has been given permission to change the size of its fuel tank after finding that it cannot hold enough petrol to get it to the end of some races.

With teams having to homologate their chassis this year, the Virgin outfit had to apply to the FIA to be allowed to make the major modifications on reliability grounds.

The team has discovered that the capacity of its tank does not allow it to fill up with enough fuel to comfortably get it through races where consumption is quite heavy.

This could prove to be a particular problem at this weekend's Australian Grand Prix, with the Albert Park circuit being one of the most demanding in terms of fuel use.

Nick Wirth, technical director of Virgin Racing, hopes the modifications to the fuel tank can be made by the early stages of the European season - probably around the time of the Turkish Grand Prix.

"We recently applied to the FIA for permission to change the size of the fuel tank on the grounds of reliability and we are pleased that the FIA has granted us this permission," said Wirth

"It has become clear during pre-season testing and our debut race in Bahrain that our fuel tank capacity is marginal and if not addressed there is the possibility that fuel pick-up could become an issue in certain circumstances.

"At the time the design of the tank was locked down in June 2009, its capacity was determined by a number of factors, some of which have since changed, and the tank capacity now needs to be increased accordingly. We thank the FIA for permitting this change, which we expect to introduce in the early part of the European season."

#111 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:00 PM

So if it's going to be fixed in Turkey, what's Australia going to be?

First thing that came to my mind was Kramer test driving Jerry's Saab :rofl:

#112 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:20 PM

So if it's going to be fixed in Turkey, what's Australia going to be?

First thing that came to my mind was Kramer test driving Jerry's Saab :rofl:

They'll run until something else breaks first.

#113 shallow777

shallow777

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

I am guessing he is talking about the Xanadu complex at the new Giants stadium. There was a plan to include a race track there originally but it got scrapped. I really don't think there is any way this would get done by 2012 because the project is a complete clusterfuck to begin with, unless they plan to make it a street circuit / parking lot race at the facility like Dr.DA said.

http://en.wikipedia....dowlands_Xanadu

http://en.wikipedia...._Sports_Complex

#114 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

They'll run until something else breaks first.

They probably know they won't make it until the end of the race anyways without something breaking... :rofl:

#115 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

They probably know they won't make it until the end of the race anyways without something breaking... :o

I had to remove as much VR stuff from my PFF1 teams as possible without incurring team change penalties. Damnit for going for +1 on HRT on the cheap stuff. :mad:

#116 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

I had to remove as much VR stuff from my PFF1 teams as possible without incurring team change penalties. Damnit for going for +1 on HRT on the cheap stuff. :mad:

I'm still happy with my Lotus/STR stuff, even if my driver lineup had to take a hit. :o

#117 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:07 PM

I am guessing he is talking about the Xanadu complex at the new Giants stadium. There was a plan to include a race track there originally but it got scrapped. I really don't think there is any way this would get done by 2012 because the project is a complete clusterfuck to begin with, unless they plan to make it a street circuit / parking lot race at the facility like Dr.DA said.

http://en.wikipedia....dowlands_Xanadu

http://en.wikipedia...._Sports_Complex

I was thinking meadowlands for a second too, but you can't really see Manhattan from the meadowlands, can you?

#118 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

I was thinking meadowlands for a second too, but you can't really see Manhattan from the meadowlands, can you?

I'm hoping Old Man Berns isn't thinking of running the NYC circuit from GT4 or some variant of it.

#119 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

I'm hoping Old Man Berns isn't thinking of running the NYC circuit from GT4 or some variant of it.

I'm sure he is.

The one thing an NY street race would have over other street circuits is the sheer width of the streets. You could actually have corners wide enough for passing, if not actually easy to pass on.

#120 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

I'm sure he is.

The one thing an NY street race would have over other street circuits is the sheer width of the streets. You could actually have corners wide enough for passing, if not actually easy to pass on.

Still boring as shit IMO. They need to have a race that will capture the American audience as F1 is all but dead to the majority of the country, and NYC is not the solution. I would say Laguna Seca, Infineon or Road Atlanta (if they could get them to FIA spec) would be good choices. Of course none of those 3 tracks look like dollar signs to Bernie, so it will never happen.

#121 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

Still boring as shit IMO. They need to have a race that will capture the American audience as F1 is all but dead to the majority of the country, and NYC is not the solution. I would say Laguna Seca, Infineon or Road Atlanta (if they could get them to FIA spec) would be good choices. Of course none of those 3 tracks look like dollar signs to Bernie, so it will never happen.

Yep, effectively no good solution while Berney is alive.

edit: :o

#122 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:02 AM

My thoughts then turn to Sonoma

I've been to both tracks, I'd take Laguna over Sonoma/Infineon 10000000000x over...
Laguna is such a better track + facilities in comparison, and if you want something to do, there is way more locally compared to Sonoma...

and although Laguna is a cluster fuck traffic wise when MotoGP is around, it's still has way better access than Sonoma... that would be a bottle neck you'd road rage over very quickly...

additionally, i've done a couple laps on Infineon (audi test drive day) and I've been on the back of a truck around laguna (motogp corner worker weekend), and Laguna seems like a way more technical track...

#123 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:31 PM

I've been to both tracks, I'd take Laguna over Sonoma/Infineon 10000000000x over...
Laguna is such a better track + facilities in comparison, and if you want something to do, there is way more locally compared to Sonoma...

and although Laguna is a cluster fuck traffic wise when MotoGP is around, it's still has way better access than Sonoma... that would be a bottle neck you'd road rage over very quickly...

additionally, i've done a couple laps on Infineon (audi test drive day) and I've been on the back of a truck around laguna (motogp corner worker weekend), and Laguna seems like a way more technical track...

You don't neccessarily want a technical track. You want a track that doesn't break up rhythm and flow - currently all the new tracks are stop and go. We need big momentum corners again...

#124 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:42 PM

laguna seca is for sports cars. its too tight and narrow for F1. that goes for most tracks in the states i think. road america would be a good fit because its bigger but then i don't think its even close to having the facilities required.

when zonta did a lap at laguna seca in his toyota it took only 66 seconds. that's a really short lap.

#125 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

they should just go back to indy, make some changes so its not completely boring shit in the middle

that first corner is awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users