#1 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

So because Loeb doesn't shave often enough for their liking and has hair that's drenched in sweat, he shouldn't be filmed at close range :bowrofl:

http://www.autosport...ne.php/id/67205

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Two senior motorsports officials have expressed concerns over four-time world rally champion Sebastien Loeb's "scruffy" looks, French daily Le Figaro reported on Wednesday.

Surinder Thatthi, chairman of the Confederation of African Countries in Motorsports (CACMS), and Morrie Chandler, president of the World Rally Championship (WRC) commission, both criticised Loeb for his appearance, the newspaper wrote.

The pair, both members of the International Automobile Federation (FIA), made their points in an e-mail exchange in March.

In a reply to Thatthi, who first raised the issue, Chandler suggested the official WRC television feed (WRC-TV) should refrain from filming the Frenchman close-up.

"I watched the WRC Mexico highlights last night and I have to voice my opinion on the poor appearance of Sebastien Loeb on WRC-TV", Thatthi wrote in his mail to Chandler, a copy of which was made available to Reuters.

"He was unshaven, scruffy looking and with unkempt hair!!," Thatthi added. "It is wrong.....when the FIA gives him global TV coverage to millions of viewers and to many children worldwide he is a hero and role model (...)

"I know there is a level of personal freedom one is allowed but I feel he is taking this too far and someone should talk to him or his team about this," Thatthi added.

Chandler, in his reply, also seen by Reuters, agreed with Thatthi that the issue should be addressed.

"Yes I watched the same as you did (...) Unfortunately it is not a problem that is unique to our sport as the same happens in football and other "male" sports," Chandler wrote.

"Of course these persons are an insult to real males", he added. "My only solution is that we suggest to (rallying rights holders) ISC that the camera does not cover them close up."

Chandler copied his reply to ISC managing director Simon Long, who offered a different view.

"I do feel that it is precisely Sebastien's "ruggedly good-looking" appearance which has helped endear him to so many new and young fans both in France and around the world", Long wrote back to Chandler.

A spokesman for the FIA was not immediately available for comment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

:bowrofl:

#3 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:43 AM

Loeb is #1 <3

#4 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:15 AM

:bowrofl:

#5 b7r

b7r

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Nascar

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:16 AM

Yeah real men don't race WRC :bowrofl:

#6 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:18 AM

put them in the passenger seat and let them go 1 days worth with Loeb at the wheel at a rally...
let's seperate the men from the "real men"

#7 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

Those two douchecanoes sound like the same type of "real males" that have Nazi-themed orgies. :rofl:

#8 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

That Sebastien Loeb, he's so hot right now, Sebastien

#9 doublemeat

doublemeat

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:51 AM

put them in the passenger seat and let them go 1 days worth with Loeb at the wheel at a rally...
let's seperate the men from the "real men"

werdd

Have a camera aimed at their crotches to see them piss themselves. Also, full face helmets so it'll be that much messier when they vomit.

#10 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:04 AM

werdd

Have a camera aimed at their crotches to see them piss themselves. Also, full face helmets so it'll be that much messier when they vomit.

like this?

what a fucking trooper... mad :werd: for having the balls to keep on driving

#11 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:14 AM

wow super gay

#12 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:56 AM

like this?

what a fucking trooper... mad :werd: for having the balls to keep on driving

He just vomitted in a $2500 Schuberth :rofl:

Lorenzo's effort in the China GP was :love: as was Rossi's in 07 when he broke his ankle early in the year. Crazy guys. That's why I'll always view F1/WRC/MotoGP as the ballsiest of all of sports.

#13 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

He just vomitted in a $2500 Schuberth :love:

Lorenzo's effort in the China GP was :werd: as was Rossi's in 07 when he broke his ankle early in the year. Crazy guys. That's why I'll always view F1/WRC/MotoGP as the ballsiest of all of sports.

mark uses an arai helmet (GP5 iirc), but yeah, pretty expensive one too.

#14 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

mark uses an arai helmet (GP5 iirc), but yeah, pretty expensive one too.

I hate using Wiki as my source but: "In Formula One, Schuberth has supplied helmets for Michael Schumacher, Ralf Schumacher, Nick Heidfeld, Felipe Massa, Kimi Räikkönen and Mark Webber, among others, with the Schuberth Formel 1-Racehelm RF1."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuberth

It's weird that Schuberth doesn't make any mention of Webber on their website though. I find it intresting that Ferrari requires Schuberths for their cars. I read somewhere Newey used to require Arai for his cars. Most likely to have a standard for aerodynamics of the airflow over the helmet into the airbox.

#15 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

I hate using Wiki as my source but: "In Formula One, Schuberth has supplied helmets for Michael Schumacher, Ralf Schumacher, Nick Heidfeld, Felipe Massa, Kimi Räikkönen and Mark Webber, among others, with the Schuberth Formel 1-Racehelm RF1."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuberth

It's weird that Schuberth doesn't make any mention of Webber on their website though. I find it intresting that Ferrari requires Schuberths for their cars. I read somewhere Newey used to require Arai for his cars. Most likely to have a standard for aerodynamics of the airflow over the helmet into the airbox.

well i think that was talked about when he switched to redbull. he was forced to switch to an Arai as far as i know.

#16 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

well i think that was talked about when he switched to redbull. he was forced to switch to an Arai as far as i know.

Ah. That makes perfect sense then. Barrichello went back to an Arai even after Schuerth made custom helmets fitted just for him. If I had a custom helmet made for me, I'd be in that one :dunno: but I'm not that special :wtc:

#17 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

Ah. That makes perfect sense then. Barrichello went back to an Arai even after Schuerth made custom helmets fitted just for him. If I had a custom helmet made for me, I'd be in that one :dunno: but I'm not that special :wtc:

i know, i would love a custom helmet. i cant wait to get some proper track gear: firesuit, underwears, all that shizzle that keeps you from dying. hell, i just want a custom paint scheme!! right now, i have a flat black HJC with a ferrari sticker on the back. :wtc:

#18 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:32 PM

i know, i would love a custom helmet. i cant wait to get some proper track gear: firesuit, underwears, all that shizzle that keeps you from dying. hell, i just want a custom paint scheme!! right now, i have a flat black HJC with a ferrari sticker on the back. :wtc:

Nothing wrong w/ the black HJC w/ Ferrari sticker on the back. unless you don't have a Ferrari. :dunno:

But I know what you mean :wtc: I spoiled myself with that Arai. It's way overkill for anything I do (track days/autox)-- so to not look like a dousche, I'm going to get into karting so that I can justify the helmet :o

Maybe one day become a paid driver like my buddy:
Posted Image
Ibjealous

#19 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

Nothing wrong w/ the black HJC w/ Ferrari sticker on the back. unless you don't have a Ferrari. :dunno:

But I know what you mean :wtc: I spoiled myself with that Arai. It's way overkill for anything I do (track days/autox)-- so to not look like a dousche, I'm going to get into karting so that I can justify the helmet :wtc:

Maybe one day become a paid driver like my buddy:
Posted Image
Ibjealous

woah, yeah, i could love me some of that...

#20 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

i know, i would love a custom helmet. i cant wait to get some proper track gear: firesuit, underwears, all that shizzle that keeps you from dying. hell, i just want a custom paint scheme!! right now, i have a flat black HJC with a ferrari sticker on the back. :dunno:

I'm looking to buy a bell when I'm state side this summer, then brining back to thailand and have it painted. Been working on designs for ages, still haven't designed anything I'm completely happy with.... oh well, maybe I'll need to get two or three then :wtc:

#21 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

I'm looking to buy a bell when I'm state side this summer, then brining back to thailand and have it painted. Been working on designs for ages, still haven't designed anything I'm completely happy with.... oh well, maybe I'll need to get two or three then :dunno:

Ooo, any previews? I want to do a design for my Arai too. But no idea on what to do...I've decided on red/white/black as my colors for sure though.

#22 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

I'm looking to buy a bell when I'm state side this summer, then brining back to thailand and have it painted. Been working on designs for ages, still haven't designed anything I'm completely happy with.... oh well, maybe I'll need to get two or three then :dunno:

I'm a distributor for Bell, so if you want anything, lemme know and I'll see what I can do on it.

#23 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:35 PM

I'm a distributor for Bell, so if you want anything, lemme know and I'll see what I can do on it.

Nacho's our F1-crew distributor :dunno:

#24 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:00 PM

Nacho's our F1-crew distributor :mamoru:

Speaking of which, i need to call on that BMW gear tomorrow. :hs:

#25 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:28 AM

well I want something that is snell SA2005 rated, but I only use it for karting. I was looking at pyrotect coz they were cheaper, coz I figured they're all technically Bells anyways. But I dunno? maybe you can shed some light on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users