• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

It's official: Hamilton 3rd.

:h5: toyota just can't get a break :h5:

read: getting caught cheating twice in 1 weekend :wavey:

and i think vettel would have won this race if they had called out the first SC a bit earlier instead of waiting 2 laps after button had pitted. not really suggesting any conspiracy here, but they did wait a ridiculously long time before calling out the SC after kazoo's crash.

#502 psykosis

psykosis

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

great race, despite the Ferrari finish. Kudos to JB and the whole Brawn team.

And FUCK HAMILTON. There's no keeping him off the podium. :mad:

#503 RedVVing19

RedVVing19

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

I really wonder if Kubica would've passed Button........sure he wouldve caught up to him but passing is a different story

#504 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

:wavey:

#505 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

my comments from the race:
BrawnGP: looks like the real deal... jenson just took off, and rubens with damage with still passing like nothing..
Ferrari: :wavey:
Kimi: :h5:
Hamilton: dunno how he does it, but props, even though i don't like the guy, 18th to 3rd...
Vettel: :h5:

I wonder what Honda is thinking... i wonder if they could do the same thing if they were still running Honda power... talk about a royal fuck up...

#506 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

Kubica strengthens douche position he took up midway through last season

Why? He's just stating the truth. He's just a no bullshit kind of person and tells it how it is.
I think Vettel being punished is bullshit though. This was simply another accident that occurs when you race! Why punish the guy further fuck he already lost a podium and the points that go with it I think that's enough. Not like either of them did it intentionally; Kubica had to move back to the right to make the next left and Vettel couldn't give him the space.

#507 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

Why? He's just stating the truth. He's just a no bullshit kind of person and tells it how it is.
I think Vettel being punished is bullshit though. This was simply another accident that occurs when you race! Why punish the guy further fuck he already lost a podium and the points that go with it I think that's enough. Not like either of them did it intentionally; Kubica had to move back to the right to make the next left and Vettel couldn't give him the space.

Between him bitching about that and claiming he would have won the race for sure and whining all the 2nd end of last season about Nick getting better treatment, he just seems to have gone from the 'shut up and drive' type to another 'complain at the first moment possible' guy.

#508 DELTA_Rotary

DELTA_Rotary

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:32 AM

Between him bitching about that and claiming he would have won the race for sure and whining all the 2nd end of last season about Nick getting better treatment, he just seems to have gone from the 'shut up and drive' type to another 'complain at the first moment possible' guy.

If I was winning the driver championship 7 races in and the team started concentrating on helping my teammate not finish last instead of helping me win the championship I would have bitched too.

#509 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:09 AM

If I was winning the driver championship 7 races in and the team started concentrating on helping my teammate not finish last instead of helping me win the championship I would have bitched too.

That was his story. But I still seriously doubt that they'd totally give up on Bobert as WDC.

Their car fell off overall in the 2nd half of the season compared to the big two, and I'd bet it was more about the 09 car development than helping Quick Nick.

#510 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:32 AM

i'm pleased with Alonso's result :wavey:
he seems to be going the steady-as-she-goes mentality rather than BANZAAAIIII
IN for a win this season, Renault always seems to be at the top of the game as far as aero development goes.

#511 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:48 AM

The was a really exciting race, so many interesting elements and competitive cars. All those strategies coming together at the end, BMW, Red Bull, very impressize. Hamilton is the real deal, you can't get around it. :wavey: Toyota looks fast but other than Brawn, the RB5 looks the fastest. Can't wait for Malaysia.

#512 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:05 AM

i'm pleased with Alonso's result :wavey:
he seems to be going the steady-as-she-goes mentality rather than BANZAAAIIII
IN for a win this season, Renault always seems to be at the top of the game as far as aero development goes.

Didn't Alonso get punked on by Glock?

That's sad.

#513 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:14 AM

That's sad.

Didn't Alonso win 2 championchips?
Not all drivers have their best days every race :hs:
....but i was like WTF when Alonso was "battling" with Fisi in the first half of the race.

#514 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:17 AM

That's sad.

one passing move makes a 2 time world champion a chump to a guy who has never won a race?

thats just Posted Image

#515 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

That's right Nacho. Getting passed by Glock doesn't mean you're a crummy rapper with retarded facial hair. :hs:

:mamoru:

#516 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:21 AM

That's right Nacho. Getting passed by Glock doesn't mean you're a crummy rapper with retarded facial hair. :hs:

:mamoru:

the toyotas passed plenty of people this weekend. haters better get used to it too because at the current pace toyota are probably right behind brawngp..

i think my ranking for speeds after seeign this weekend would be:

brawn
toyota
RBR
williams
BMW
ferrari
renault
mclaren
STR
force india

#517 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:23 AM

Mar.29 (GMM) Contrary to earlier news, it has emerged that Sebastian Vettel was indeed penalised for his Australian grand prix crash with Robert Kubica.

We reported that the German was actually handed his ten-grid penalty for the forthcoming Malaysian round, and a $50,000 fine, for failing to promptly pull his heavily damaged Red Bull to the side of the track.

In fact, the Sepang grid penalty was for his crash with BMW's Kubica with three laps to go, when stewards ruled that Vettel caused the incident.

"Should I have let him go? You always want to fight. Maybe I should have said let him go and bring third back home, but that's life," said Vettel, who had been fighting with Pole Kubica for second place.

The $50,000 fine, meanwhile, was levied because Red Bull officials instructed the 21-year-old by radio to continue to race his three-wheeled car rather than pull it to the side of the Melbourne layout.

That's just a load of crap. Vettel should not be penalized for his incident with Cubical. It's a racing incident, plain and simple. But for not pulling off track when he had 3 wheels left, that I agree with.

#518 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:29 AM

Here's video of Trulli running off and Hamilton passing him. Notice Glock runs off in the same place a bit later in the video. I guess it's true what Trulli was saying about not being able to keep heat in the tires.

Also, it would have been nice if the stewards had just switched the finishing positions of Hamilton and Trulli, especially since the race finished under the SC, but oh well. :hs:

#519 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:35 AM

F1: Lewis: Team Asked Me To Let Trulli Past
Written by: Adam Cooper http://www.speedtv.com
03/29/2009 - 08:45 AM
Melbourne (AUS)
Trulli was penalised 25 seconds after the race, handing his podium finish to Hamilton (LAT) » More PhotosLewis Hamilton has said that McLaren told him to let Jarno Trulli back past after the pair had swapped places under the safety car in Australia.

While the track was under caution Trulli slid wide and onto the grass, so Hamilton was obliged to pass him. Lewis says that the team then asked him to let Trulli back by, presumably because the team feared a penalty.

However after the race it was Trulli who was penalised for passing under yellows, and docked 25s. Because the field was compacted by the safety car finish, the Italian fell right back to 13th, while Lewis took his third place.

However, speaking as he emerged from parc ferme, Lewis told SPEEDtv.com: �€˜I was behind Trulli under the safety car, and clearly you�€™re not allowed to overtake under the safety car. But he went off in the second to last corner, he went wide on the grass, I guess his tyres were cold. And I was forced to go by. I slowed down as much as I could. I was told to let him back past, but I mean... I don�€™t know if that�€™s the regulations, and if it isn�€™t, then I should have really had third.�€™

In a team statement Trulli corroborated Hamilton�€™s story by insisting that the McLaren had slowed down and pulled over so dramatically that Jarno �€˜thought he had a problem.�€™

However, after the two drivers met with the stewards and given their stories the Italian�€™s view was discounted, and officials apparently came to the conclusion that Lewis had not voluntarily let him by.

It is not normally possible to appeal against such a penalty because a 25s time penalty is the equivalent of a stop and go, and is issued after incidents that take place in the last five laps and which cannot be dealt with in the normal way.

However, Toyota has found a rarely used channel that allows them to appeal via local Clerk of the Course, former F1 driver Tim Schenken, rather than the usual FIA channels. The move has allowed Toyota to buy some time while it considers the matter.

Hamilton meanwhile was satisfied with his day even before he was promoted a place: �€˜With the car that we have, to finish fourth is a great achievement. So we�€™ll take that and move on and try to do better. I couldn�€™t have been more on the limit I got as much out of it as I could.�€™

Source: Speedtv.com article

Am I the only one imagining Hamilton, in front of the stewards, denying everything? :mamoru:

If Hamilton forced Trulli by, how the hell can they give Trulli a penalty? :hs:

#520 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:44 AM

So, Trulli messed up, and slowed accidently--forcing Hamilton to pass.

Hamilton swerves and slows purposely--forcing Trulli to pass.

Both these passes were under yellow.

Trulli was given a 25s penalty.

At least to the press, Hamilton confirms Trulli's account.

WTF. :hs:

#521 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:54 AM

details? I only caught the last 5 laps

Posted Image
To be fair, Heikki hit him from behind afaik.

#522 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:58 AM

Here's someone's pictures from the race.

#523 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:59 AM

So, Trulli messed up, and slowed accidently--forcing Hamilton to pass.

Hamilton swerves and slows purposely--forcing Trulli to pass.

Both these passes were under yellow.

Trulli was given a 25s penalty.

At least to the press, Hamilton confirms Trulli's account.

WTF. :hs:

can't toyota appeal the stewards decision?
what's teh deal on this?
is there a video of this?

#524 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:06 AM

first race of the season, they're a tad rusty...
sucks about the trulli thing, really sucks about the vettel penalty since it was a racing incident in my view...

#525 DocGolem

DocGolem

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:31 AM

Posted Image

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users