2009 Grand Prix Extreme - Suzuka - ~*nobody cares about the title fight where is kimi driving next year thread*~

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#1 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:53 AM

Well its about time

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

Posted Image

#3 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

Gonna go ahead and post this in the race thread:

Felipe Massa has said that he is very upset with the way Renault 'stole' a Grand Prix victory at Singapore last year. He claims the events caused him to lose the 2008 world championship by 1 point to Lewis Hamilton.

“I was very upset with everything that happened,” Massa said. “Not only with what Renault did, which was a theft. And it created a lot of things, the Safety Car meant that most of the cars had to go the pits, and I was one of them. We had 10 cars going into the pits. Mine went wrong. There were two cars at the same time. A mechanic pressed a button in a situation that would never have happened in a normal pit stop. What bothers me is that Renault stole the win.

“The result remains the same, this is not right. For me it should have been changed. I lost the title by one point. I am not and never will be a driver who thinks, ‘I could have been World Champion’. “Even if they write today in my CV that I am the champion, after a year, I don’t think it would make any difference.

“We went to a lawyer, but there comes a time when there is nothing that can be done. Is the rule, the FIA decides.”

T__T

#4 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:35 AM

Q. (Ralf Bach - R & B) Question to Nick and Adrian: did you speak about your accident in the last race or not?

NH: Yeah, I think the first time we spoke about it was when I came out of the stewards' room. I asked him what went on. He explained. He said he was sorry and for me that was OK.

JB: That was a big fine!

AS: Yes, big enough.

NH: Just a big verbal fine, but nothing with the hands.

AS: I've explained it several times and I think there's nothing more to say. We saw all the pictures and that's it. We spoke to each other, twenty thousand is enough.

NH: I didn't receive it yet.

AS: It's not for you.

:x:

#5 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

Posted Image

Why would Toyota do this if they were pulling out? I think they realised they need a superstar driver to make this whole F1 thing work. Could they get Button maybe? They have the cash. Not that Button is a superstar, but at least he will likely be a WDC next year.

Either way, silly season owns.

#6 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

Gonna go ahead and post this in the race thread:

T__T

He got 4 free points from the FIA in Spa. :x:

and :rofl: @ Q. Nick.

#7 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:48 PM

Maybe he spent a little too much time recovering in Florida, sue sue sue!

#8 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

:x: omg so happy for Suzuka!!

#9 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

A transport container carrying eight BMW Formula One engines has been dropped at the Suzuka circuit.

Auto Motor und Sport magazine reports that the engines were to be used in Friday practice by Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica, as well as being potential replacement units in the event of engine failures.

It is reported that the engines to be used in the race by the BMW Sauber drivers were not in the affected container.

On the way into the paddock at the Japanese GP venue, the container reportedly fell off a truck after it grazed a bridge.

"It was the worst damage (to F1 equipment) that we've ever seen," team boss Mario Theissen is quoted as saying.

Inside the container, the crates which enclosed the engines were destroyed, but the engines not obviously damaged.

"What I am most worried about are the valve trains," Theissen admitted.

#10 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

Imma do a few laps at Suzuka in Kimi's Ferrari in GT5P this evening :x:

#11 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:46 PM

I can do Suzuka in my sleep...
love this track :x:

#12 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

that, monacle and laguna for me lol

#13 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

that, monacle and laguna for me lol

Spa & Silverstone are fun too.

#14 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

Spa & Silverstone are fun too.

i only remember old spa w/ the left-right bus stop chicane tho.. not the new right-left chicane

#15 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

That track kicks my ass...

#16 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

That track kicks my ass...

Monza kicks my ass... i can never get a car setup... I'm either too slow for the straights or not enough down force/grip for the turns... :x:

#17 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't care where Kimi is next year (even if its not in F1)?

#18 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't care where Kimi is next year (even if its not in F1)?

No.

#19 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

No.

:bowdown:

#20 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:31 PM

:bowdown:

Sorry, I think the guy is moody and generally overrated. As much a liability as an asset to a team because when he doesn't care (frequently) he doesn't perform.

We all saw the number of quick laps he can pull off, yet not be in contention for the WDC because he doesn't seem to care enough to push for the whole race.

#21 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

Im with you.

#22 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

generally overrated.

came close to winning the WDC 2 times at McLaren but just missed out because back then they were McBooms, moves to a new team and wins WDC the first year there something MS couldn't do the final 2 years he was there...

but you're right, I mean compared to Jenson who's been midfielder for the whole time he's been in F1 til Brawn gets a good car under him... it's no comparison...

#23 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

came close to winning the WDC 2 times at McLaren but just missed out because back then they were McBooms, moves to a new team and wins WDC the first year there something MS couldn't do the final 2 years he was there...

but you're right, I mean compared to Jenson who's been midfielder for the whole time he's been in F1 til Brawn gets a good car under him... it's no comparison...

Except he isn't being replaced by Jenson...

What kind of relations will you have with Ferrari?

– Good. I don't have anything to do with this matter. How I have drove or what I have done here had nothing to do with it. This decision wasn't in any way depending on that. It's easy to know what decided it. You get everything with money.

why so bitter

#24 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

you say that like the competitiveness of the car is constant every year. renault on michelins in 05 and 06 was a pretty potent combination. when everyone went back to stones in '07 it was a relatively big shakeup for all non-bridgestone runners.

#25 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:36 PM

you say that like the competitiveness of the car is constant every year. renault on michelins in 05 and 06 was a pretty potent combination. when everyone went back to stones in '07 it was a relatively big shakeup for all non-bridgestone runners.

All those who didn't have Ferrari dosiers :bowdown:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users