Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

they said on Speed that is equivalent to 0.06 inches or something

4.574km per lap, Vettel's pole time was 73.791seconds. So the average speed around the lap was 61.985m/s, over 0.002seconds he would have been ahead by 12.4cm. We'll say the advantage was 1/2 an inch give or take. I think their calculations were a bit optimistic.

#27 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

4.574km per lap, Vettel's pole time was 73.791seconds. So the average speed around the lap was 61.99m/s, over 0.002seconds he would have been ahead by 12.4cm. We'll say the advantage was 1/2 an inch give or take.

you > maths

nice, Jon Noble said on Twitter: Ferrari's calculations suggest that Alonso missed pole position by just 15 centimetres.

#28 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

you > maths

nice, Jon Noble said on Twitter: Ferrari's calculations suggest that Alonso missed pole position by just 15 centimetres.

Errm.. My math is OK, apparently my unit conversion is off by a factor of 10 though. It's Mars Polar Lander all over again :rofl: I hate "s and #s :)

15cm is about 6 inches.

#29 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

Errm.. My math is OK, apparently my unit conversion is off by a factor of 10 though. It's Mars Polar Lander all over again :) I hate "s and #s :)

15cm is about 6 inches.

i wondered how far it was, but didnt follow the trail far enough in my mind, i do that all day at work :rofl:

we do alot of calculations for surgery but they have HUGE fudge factors due to physiological differences in people. For instance, we estimate the amount of oxygen required for a patient while on bypass (flow and O2 carrying capacity.) We begin by finding their BSA, body surface area. Now, two different people with the same height and weight will have the same BSA but can have vastly different features (fat, muscle, metabolism, so on) so our first calculation already has huge variance. Then, we use a Cardiac Index multiplied by BSA to estimate flows (3.0 at rest, 2.4 under anesthesia and paralysis). Again, your cardiac index is not the same as my cardiac index under any circumstance and it is not directly related to oxygen carrying capacity. Then, we calculate oxygen carrying capacity by multiplying the amount of hemoglobin (red blood cells) you have by the theoretical amount that blood can carry. So finally, you can figure out how much oxygen that person is probably using (oxygen carrying capacity x flow.)

The problem with all of that is each and every step (which is used for other calculations at times) can vary so much from what is "normal" that in the end its all kind of a moot point. but we do the math anyways, especially from a legal standpoint. So i say we do alot of math everyday, but really when you go and see a patient, you sort of get a feel for what the need. You especially notice this when you take care of very obese patients (which we do ALOT.) They have a falsely high BSA which elevates all of your calculations due to the high BSA even though most of that tissue is basically non metabolic. Not to mention things like diabetic patients which dont act functionally normal at all.

So in the end, what we do ends up more of an art than a science which can be pretty cool when you do it right and it works and frustrating when you do the math, none of it makes sense, and its a struggle to give the patient optimum care. Kinda makes me think what it would be like to be an aerodynamacist (sp?)

#30 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

Speed trap numbers:

BUTTON 317.5 km/h
HAMILTON 316.7 km/h
VETTEL 311.9 km/h
ALONSO 308.5 km/h
WEBBER 308.5 km/h
MASSA 308.3 km/h

Notables:
Vettel is 3.4km/h faster in the trap over Webber
McLarens are at least 5-10km/h faster than everyone else

#31 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:13 PM

has webber started blaming the team yet or do i have wait till tomorrow to hear the excuses?

as an aside, much props to williams and sauber for making major improvements over the course of the season :rofl:

Not yet...

Webber laments Q3 driving mistake

By Geoff Creighton and Pablo Elizalde Saturday, July 24th 2010, 13:47 GMT

Mark Webber was left lamenting a driving error after a disappointing qualifying ahead of the German Grand Prix.

The Australian qualified in fourth position, nearly half a second behind Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel, who secured pole position again.

Webber will start from behind the Ferraris of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.

"I got a little bit wide on the entry to Turn 1 - stuck the front of the car out and I couldn't get back into the line," Webber told the BBC.

"My fault, and it wasn't good enough.

"Lost a position on the final laps, obviously I was third and then lost a position to Felipe [Massa], so that was a shame. Not the best qualifying so I look to the race tomorrow."

Webber, winner of the previous race at Silverstone, said he was not surprised by how close the battle for pole was, with Vettel beating Alonso by just 0.002 seconds.

"Not really, I knew it was going to be tight with the short lap. It would have been nice to be amongst it, but Seb [Vettel] did a good job for pole so still a good day for the team."

And I really should have gambled on Williams over FI, but with Sutil setting the pace in the wet, I figured they were still in it. :)

#32 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:43 PM

Not yet...

And I really should have gambled on Williams over FI, but with Sutil setting the pace in the wet, I figured they were still in it. :rofl:

I gambled on Williams and hopefully it pays off. :)

#33 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:00 AM

Heading to Dr. Dick's tonight :)
Looking forward to the BBQ... and the last time Norm and I met (the first race), Alonso won :rofl:

#34 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:49 AM

4.574km per lap, Vettel's pole time was 73.791seconds. So the average speed around the lap was 61.985m/s, over 0.002seconds he would have been ahead by 12.4cm. We'll say the advantage was 1/2 an inch give or take. I think their calculations were a bit optimistic.

12.4cm = 4.88" which the SPEED guys did go on to say after the break that it was by 5"...

#35 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:50 AM

Heading to Dr. Dick's tonight :)
Looking forward to the BBQ... and the last time Norm and I met (the first race), Alonso won :rofl:

tonight?

#36 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

ohboyherewego

#37 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

Well this closed the championchip up again

under the old system Fred would be 10-12 points away from the Lead, not bad with 8 races to go

#38 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

Posted Image

maybe skittle should try a different approach at the start, this whole hyper aggressive thing isnt working out

#39 SeaMack99

SeaMack99

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

lol, the BBC crew asked him about that

#40 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

Happy birthday Fernando. Enjoy it, I sure as hell didn't.

All the best,

Felipe Massa

#41 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

wow, that was the most awkward post race interview ever...

#42 SeaMack99

SeaMack99

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

massa made that so obvious

#44 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

That race sucked ass.

#45 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:52 PM

im more fired up about motogp today

has anyone been watching GP2? the cars look fantastic... better than the F1 cars. i watched quite a bit when lewis and nico were in GP2 and there was always awesome racing...

#46 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

:rofl:

http://www.autosport...php/id/13256095

#47 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

:rofl:

http://www.autosport...php/id/13256095

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: These drivers have so much more personality than we give them credit for...

Dude, off topic but just I just did a CF warm up...I was dry heaving by the 2nd round. OMG i'm out of shape :wtc: I never even made it to the bloody workout

#48 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: These drivers have so much more personality than we give them credit for...

Dude, off topic but just I just did a CF warm up...I was dry heaving by the 2nd round. OMG i'm out of shape :wtc: I never even made it to the bloody workout

:rofl: im hurting today... ive been working out more, i played basketball and soccer yesterday then lifted weights. Im still able to do 10 full dead hang pull ups, so that makes me happy. all the weight i do is a little down, but i feel ok. I wanna get back on the bike...

#49 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

Q: Jenson Button complained that you pushed him aside at the start. Is there a new ‘friendship’ in the making?
SV: Jenson Button? Where was he? I didn’t see him at all. But if you take the size of our mirrors then you can understand that things can happen. But he was not in my immediate vicinity, so I have no idea what he means. Should it be a fact then it was sure not intentional.

cliffs: alonso is a douche

#50 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

OK, put yourselves in Alonso's shoes...
If someone was blocking you from the lead, you'd be fuming and saying "ridiculous"... for lack of more colorful words. No?
There's no evidence that Alonso whined to Ferrari to get an easy pass. :rofl:
I didn't agree with the move, but I feel that the team is to blame, definitely not Alonso.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users