#51 Deadpool

Deadpool

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:13 AM

Race was pretty crap.

Vettel needs to start actually racing on the starts, instead of pushing everyone out of the way.

Ferrari livin' back in '02. Piss poor decision.

There's no evidence that Alonso whined to Ferrari to get an easy pass. :rofl:
I didn't agree with the move, but I feel that the team is to blame, definitely not Alonso.

And this.

But wouldn't cause enough of a media shit storm I guess. Haters have got more to go on when its 'Alonso' instead of Ferrari.

#52 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

But wouldn't cause enough of a media shit storm I guess. Haters have got more to go on when its 'Alonso' instead of Ferrari.

Posted Image

#53 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:27 AM

I think there are a few people to blame for what we saw in the race.

Ferrari for not talking to Massa/Smedley before hand and making sure shit was understood. I mean ok Felipe was way off the pace in qualifying but things like skittle can happen at the start. They could have also done something with pitstops to make this less obvious imho

Smedley for being a twat on the radio, if you're going to be THE MAN fighting your driver's corner then do what Webbo's engineer did in Turkey and not pass the message, none of this passive/aggressive shit.

Finally Massa should take some of the blame for making it so blatantly obvious and accepting it in the first place, if he thinks he has a genuine shot at the title and wants equality then he has to fight for it. As it is he just rolled over the way boobens did.

As for Alonso's 'this is ridiculous' we don't really know what the team agreed on before the race so maybe Alonso was just being Alonso.

#54 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:30 AM

:rofl: this race sucked ass...

Seb had a shit start AGAIN, then to add insult to injury the fucking bullshit Ferrari pulled with Massa :rofl:

Emotardo is still a whiny bitch and I will forever hate that faggot...

#55 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

Best race of the season for me, Ferrari get their shit together. Alonso pulling a sweet move on Massa. Championchip is super close with a bunch of races to go.

F1 owns.

#56 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

OK, put yourselves in Alonso's shoes...
If someone was blocking you from the lead, you'd be fuming and saying "ridiculous"... for lack of more colorful words. No?
There's no evidence that Alonso whined to Ferrari to get an easy pass. :rofl:
I didn't agree with the move, but I feel that the team is to blame, definitely not Alonso.

Alonso has always shown to prefer #1 status (look how he came unglued at McLaren when he was denied), and his broadcasted moaning about being behind Massa was enough for me to get the idea of what he expected from his team.

If he's as great as he's billed, and surely how highly he thinks of himself, dispatching Massa should have been simple. The fact that he needed the pit wall to get him by is shameful. But then again, this is Ferrari, who can't even seem to remember that they're the reason that the Team Orders rules exist to begin with. At least Massa made it as apparent as possible to EVERYONE that he was told to move over.... not 'accidentally' shifting up 3 gears at once, as Alonso told everyone...

PS: Wasn't Alonso just bitchng a few races ago about race results being 'manipulated'? :rofl:

#57 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:36 AM

I gambled on Williams and hopefully it pays off. :rofl:

I wish I had for this race.

That said, I'm still not sure they're consistent enough to regularly get ahead of Force India. :rofl:

#58 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:00 AM

This whole race sucked, lol. I'm just going to forget about it and move on...

#59 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

This whole race sucked, lol. I'm just going to forget about it and move on...

:rofl:

Next week is the last race for a month though... :rofl:

#60 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:58 AM

Alonso has always shown to prefer #1 status (look how he came unglued at McLaren when he was denied), and his broadcasted moaning about being behind Massa was enough for me to get the idea of what he expected from his team.

If he's as great as he's billed, and surely how highly he thinks of himself, dispatching Massa should have been simple. The fact that he needed the pit wall to get him by is shameful. But then again, this is Ferrari, who can't even seem to remember that they're the reason that the Team Orders rules exist to begin with. At least Massa made it as apparent as possible to EVERYONE that he was told to move over.... not 'accidentally' shifting up 3 gears at once, as Alonso told everyone...

PS: Wasn't Alonso just bitchng a few races ago about race results being 'manipulated'? :rofl:

How many overtakes did we see this weekend again?

Alonso played the team game in Melbourne where he was miles faster than Massa. Now Massa is out of the hunt and with Ferrari getting its shit together on the development front they need to get behind Fred. Simple as.

#61 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:29 AM

I think we all need to calm down and look at who really masterminded the plan.

It was obviously Schumacher, hes behind all these evil doings

#62 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

Alonso has always shown to prefer #1 status

NO WAI :rofl:
how dare he!

#63 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

I'm feeling less of a Ferrari fan today

#64 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

Posted Image

This pic is even better once you know the backstory of the shirt...

Rubens Barrichello may not yet have added to his win tally at Williams this year, but that has not stopped him milking his latest triumph as much as possible.

After the British Grand Prix, the world found out that Barrichello had become a bit of a cult hero after setting the fastest ever time on the BBC Top Gear programme's slot 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.'

The Brazilian had not been allowed to talk about his success at Silverstone, so Germany was his first chance to rub in his achievement against some of his rivals.

He thus turned up in the paddock wearing an 'I beat the Stig' T-shirt. And then he made sure to make the trip down to see some of his friends as he had a gift for them.

So he knocked on the doors of Mark Webber, Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton – whose best times he had beaten – and handed them all a little bag. Inside was a T-shirt for them adorned with the logo: "I didn't beat the Stig."

#65 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

WOOBENS! hahahaha!

#66 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

I'm feeling less of a Ferrari fan today

Team orders are one thing, team orders that take a win away from a driver who almost died in your car a year ago are a completely different level of scumbaggery .

#67 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

:rofl: That's hilarious.

And good sport to Jenson for wearing it.

#68 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Team orders are one thing, team orders that take a win away from a driver who almost died in your car a year ago are a completely different level of scumbaggery .

Especially on the anniversary of his incident.

#69 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

NO WAI :rofl:
how dare he!

Again, if he's so phenomenal, why can't he just pass people on track like Sebastian, Mark, Lewis and Jenson?

#70 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

Again, if he's so phenomenal, why can't he just pass people on track like Sebastian, Mark, Lewis and Jenson?

Because after the opening lap none of these phenomenal people you mentioned made any overtakes? The switch was the best thing for Ferrari and the championship in general, get over it. If Massa stood up for himself like Mark did then I would have some sympathy, but he just bent over and deserves everything he gets now imho.

#71 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Because after the opening lap none of these phenomenal people you mentioned made any overtakes? The switch was the best thing for Ferrari and the championship in general, get over it. If Massa stood up for himself like Mark did then I would have some sympathy, but he just bent over and deserves everything he gets now imho.

None of the others were in position for overtakes.... but then again, they weren't on the radios saying it was ridiculous that their teammate wasn't letting them by either....

#72 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

4th-5th-6th were running pretty close most of the race, but I guess that doesn't warrant being 'in position' for an overtake.

#73 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:46 PM

4th-5th-6th were running pretty close most of the race, but I guess that doesn't warrant being 'in position' for an overtake.

I never saw Jenson really up on Lewis' gearbox, nor Webber ever able to close on Jenson well enough to be even a remote threat.

Then again, I rarely saw Alonso able to really close the gap up to make his speed advantage all that apparent....

#74 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

I completely understand Ferrari's decision to do a switch-a-roo on the positions as their WDC hopes are already slim. My problem is with this ridiculous rule that says there is to be no team orders in F1. Yes it sucks for Felipe, and this is coming from one of maybe two true supporters of him on this forum, but the goal is to win both titles for Ferrari. Sure Fred gets credit for the WDC, but so does Ferrari for providing the car and supporting team that helps him achieve the WCC. If they were even (or close to even) on points I don't think they would have felt the need to do this position change. I'd like to think that if the roles were reversed any other Ferrari driver would play the team role and do what is best for the team outcome. Hell, even the oh-so-selfish Schumacher played a supporting role to that prick Irvine once...

Furthermore, nobody seemed to have a problem with it when Kimi was allowed to pass to win the WDC...

Do I think Fred could have won this one fair and square? Not without a high-risk pass.

#75 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

I never saw Jenson really up on Lewis' gearbox, nor Webber ever able to close on Jenson well enough to be even a remote threat.

Then again, I rarely saw Alonso able to really close the gap up to make his speed advantage all that apparent....

Webber was all over Lewis after he got passed. I think then he lost out in the pits to Jenson and had an oil problem. Pretty sure after the pitstops Lewis and Jens were right next to each other the rest of the race. Vettel also cruised up to the back of Massa at the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users