#102 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:39 AM

lol you mad
The stewards did an amazing job IMO. No one got hurt, the race was epic, and it ended right before nightfall.

There was about 5 laps behind the pace car too many. It has stopped raining, and the conditions had stabilized already. And starting behind the pace car is always lame.

The TV cameras add alot of light, the drivers across the board were complaining about lack of light for the last 4-5 laps.

#103 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:01 PM

The TV cameras add alot of light, the drivers across the board were complaining about lack of light for the last 4-5 laps.

:rofl:
I watched the BBC post race when they were using their own cameras, and it was dark...

#104 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:35 AM

Honestly, this race infuriated me more than anything else in F1, ever. Start behind saftey car, delay race for an hour, re-start behind safety car, leave safety car out too long, Fred gets more shit handed to him, and then Speed's 11ty BILLION FUCKING COMMERCIALS. There were so many commercials during the delay that the race itself should have been break-free. Fucking ridiculous. :mad:

And WTF, Jenson? WTF man? Are you kidding me? Really? And you, Webbo. WTF man? WTF?

This race annoyed the living day light out of me as well. That being said, I didn't have to deal with the 11ty billion commercials and the race was on in the afternoon for me. But somehow, the race just left a really bitter taste in my mouth and probably ruined my Sunday.

The safety car was out for way too long in the first restart after the red flag...

I really wonder if there is anyone in the FIA that checks the weather patterns when they plans these race events. Korean raining season usually spans June till September, but rain is not uncommon in October. It's crazy that these people don't plan to start the races a bit earlier just in case...

This is the same shit in Malaysia last yr, raining season on the main peninsula is November to March, so they hold a race in March but don't expect rain delays or stoppages.

Get it right, START THE RACE EARLIER if you're gonna plan a race in a country during it's monsoon season!

#105 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:18 AM

This race annoyed the living day light out of me as well. That being said, I didn't have to deal with the 11ty billion commercials and the race was on in the afternoon for me. But somehow, the race just left a really bitter taste in my mouth and probably ruined my Sunday.

The safety car was out for way too long in the first restart after the red flag...

I really wonder if there is anyone in the FIA that checks the weather patterns when they plans these race events. Korean raining season usually spans June till September, but rain is not uncommon in October. It's crazy that these people don't plan to start the races a bit earlier just in case...

This is the same shit in Malaysia last yr, raining season on the main peninsula is November to March, so they hold a race in March but don't expect rain delays or stoppages.

Get it right, START THE RACE EARLIER if you're gonna plan a race in a country during it's monsoon season!

The reason the race starts later, like Aus, Malaysia and Singapore is to make it easier for Eurofags to get up after being le tired

#106 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

The reason the race starts later, like Aus, Malaysia and Singapore is to make it easier for Eurofags to get up after being le tired

I know they have specifically made Aus and Sin to be on special time slots to suit the European market.

But it's not consistent coz for Shanghai the start the race at 0800 GMT, and the rest they start at 0900GMT.

Thus if they can get away with a 0800GMT start for China, there is no excuse why all the other races cannot start at the same time, which is still an hour earlier than what they have had for Malaysia, Japan and Korea.

#107 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

Maybe they had to finish building more of the track :rofl:

#108 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:38 PM

http://www.thef1time...s/display/02192

Webber failed to brake on purpose - Berger

Gerhard Berger, the former co-owner of Red Bull's sister team Toro Rosso, has accused Mark Webber of deliberately taking out Nico Rosberg during the Korean GP.
However, the Austrian suggests it wasn't Rosberg that Webber had aimed to hit, but rather one of his title rivals; Fernando Alonso or Lewis Hamilton.
"He could have hit the brakes and stopped the car at the wall. He took out Rosberg, but it was the wrong one. I think in his mind he would have preferred Alonso or Hamilton," Berger told Servus TV.
When he was asked to clarify if he thought Webber's failure to brake was on purpose, the former F1 driver replied: "Yes, I think that's very clear.
"He goes off and he knows it's over. In this moment you're frustrated and a thousand thoughts go through your head. It's very obvious, you can see his wheels are not locked up. Perhaps he had a brake problem, but I don't think so."
Rosberg, in principle, agreed. The German, who held fourth before the incident, also questioned why Webber didn't slam the brakes on when he hit the wall.
"I don't understand why Webber didn't hit the brakes," he said on Twitter. "It was crazy to roll back across the track like that."

What do you guys think? When it happened I thought it was very strange that he kept rolling, but deliberate? Might be taking the tinfoil hattery a bit too far.

I see we have a forum upgrade too

#109 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:27 AM

Gerhard Berger is one of the biggest idiots in all of F1, and why anyone gives a fuck what he says/does/thinks is totally beyond me.

#110 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:58 AM

Gerhard Berger is one of the biggest idiots in all of F1, and why anyone gives a fuck what he says/does/thinks is totally beyond me.

:(

#111 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:51 AM

I gotta admit, I LOVE the SPEED guys. F1 to me just wouldn't be the same.
As for the BBC guys... http://planet-f1.com...-Korea-coverage lol

#112 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:59 AM

I agree, the SPEED guys are awesome, however I HATE SPEED's coverage with a passion, too damn many commercials, and when they don't show the podium ceremony and interviews because they have to cut to fucking NASCRAP race day bullshit pisses me off to no end...

#113 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:24 AM

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/02192

Webber failed to brake on purpose - Berger

What do you guys think? When it happened I thought it was very strange that he kept rolling, but deliberate? Might be taking the tinfoil hattery a bit too far.

I see we have a forum upgrade too

Burger has a point, but it's not his place to say anything. His opinions are not worth much at the end of the day.

#114 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

I agree, the SPEED guys are awesome, however I HATE SPEED's coverage with a passion, too damn many commercials, and when they don't show the podium ceremony and interviews because they have to cut to fucking NASCRAP race day bullshit pisses me off to no end...

Yea, the Speed guys on BBC or something would be ideal....

#115 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:23 AM

I wouldn't mind the BBC without bias, but thats like asking for Kimi without money

#116 SeaMack99

SeaMack99

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

I gotta admit, I LOVE the SPEED guys. F1 to me just wouldn't be the same.
As for the BBC guys... http://planet-f1.com...-Korea-coverage lol

that funny cause when i was watching the race on BBC one of the commentators said hami was lucky niko passed him earlier

#117 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

:werd:

I do like the beeb's production value...always enjoy the taped vignettes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users