84 replies to this topic

#26 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

as bummed as I am about Rubens being back and Senna with no seat, I completely agree with what you just said...

Jens and Boobens just makes more sense. Enough else is changing, why shake up the drivers as well?

Additionally, both have made enough that they'll likely work for next to nothing now. :mamoru:

#27 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

Personally I think guys like Vettel and Hamilton and even Kubica prove that giving a young guy fresh off a hot season can give surprising results. Add to that the fact that BrawnGP is likely to have some technical teeth cutting this year in the form of mechincal retirements you don't need more than either jenson or rubens. Neither of them looked like particularly motivated "development drivers" to me over the past two seasons. Giving Bruno a race drive gives you exposure/money and a fresh attitude to shake things up with the other drive. Timing seems perfect to me.

#28 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

I hope those arent the final colours, white and fluro yellow? wtffff

#29 cafcwest

cafcwest

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:51 AM

Personally I think guys like Vettel and Hamilton and even Kubica prove that giving a young guy fresh off a hot season can give surprising results. Add to that the fact that BrawnGP is likely to have some technical teeth cutting this year in the form of mechincal retirements you don't need more than either jenson or rubens. Neither of them looked like particularly motivated "development drivers" to me over the past two seasons. Giving Bruno a race drive gives you exposure/money and a fresh attitude to shake things up with the other drive. Timing seems perfect to me.

I see your Vettel/Hamilton/Kubica and raise you a Heikki/Piquet Jr!!!

#30 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:56 AM

I see your Vettel/Hamilton/Kubica and raise you a Heikki/Piquet Jr!!!

hey man, heikki owned the shit out of fisico :mamoru:

#31 RedVVing19

RedVVing19

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:10 AM

I never thought I'd see the day, but I am happy to be wrong. I might even become a fan if Fry is completely removed from the team....because well Fuck Nick Fry

#32 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:18 AM

don't forget nakajima

#33 cafcwest

cafcwest

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:52 AM

don't forget nakajima

very true. GP Start #1. Hit the pit crew. Check.

#34 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:58 AM

apparently it was good enough for a race seat :o

or the free toyota engines that came with him

#35 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:05 PM

Amidst all the media hype surrounding the rising from the ashes of what was Honda of Brawn GP, little is still known about the fate of Nick Fry – the man who for much of the sale process was believed to be at the forefront of the management buy-out.

It is understood that Honda in Japan went somewhat cool on the idea of Fry leading the team after it was discovered that he had fabricated claims that major Brazilian oil company Petrobras would be willing to sponsor the Brackley-based outfit by way of bank-rolling reigning GP2 Series runner-up Bruno Senna's graduation to Formula 1.

Following Petrobras' public denial of any such commitment, the Englishman appeared to shrink increasingly into the background of dealings as erstwhile team principal Ross Brawn took charge, and it was consequently little surprise that the new team has been re-christened in his name.

However, mystery continues to conceal what – if anything – remains for Fry at Brawn GP. His name did not crop up even once in the press release issued to mark the birth of the new squad on Friday morning, and the 52-year-old was the first to leave the landmark Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) meeting in Geneva during the week immediately after reading out his prepared statement, refusing to take questions from the floor and performing, reports British newspaper The Guardian, 'a remarkable disappearing act' that 'did nothing to dispel the growing impression that he has been marginalised at the team he once led'.

Fry has often been criticised in F1 since his arrival in the top flight in late 2004, replacing Prodrive chairman David Richards at the helm of what was then BAR-Honda. He was roundly panned in early 2007, after Honda failed to procure a title sponsor and as a smokescreen was forced to run the disastrous 'Earth Dreams' campaign instead – a situation that continued into 2008, marking two of the least successful seasons in the Japanese manufacturer's grand prix history.

#36 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

He also killed Super Aguri, that mother fucker.....

#37 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

I hope those arent the final colours, white and fluro yellow? wtffff

I like them :hs: A bit plain but different.

hey man, heikki owned the shit out of fisico :hay:

"fisico" :o

I never thought I'd see the day, but I am happy to be wrong. I might even become a fan if Fry is completely removed from the team....because well Fuck Nick Fry

Definitely a fan of the underdog, I will be happy to see them do well!

:rofl: I forgot about that

apparently it was good enough for a race seat :o

or the free toyota engines that came with him

That would be so sad if it was true. Are you suggesting drivers are 'given' seats despite a lack of talent??

He also killed Super Aguri, that mother fucker.....

Agreed. How can the guy show his face after the hundreds of millions he pissed away? Didn't the "Earth Dream" fiasco alone cost $100,000,000.00? (zeros added for emphasis :) )

#38 Dazed1

Dazed1

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

Also Rubens has worked with Brawn @ Ferrari. this will help Brawn in understanding what the old Brazilian is saying.

#39 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:09 PM

Also Rubens has worked with Brawn @ Ferrari. this will help Brawn in understanding what the old Brazilian is saying.

:o

#40 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

Any chance this could happen?

Schumacher comes back to drive under Brawn GP as driver 1:a
Kimi joins after leaving Ferrari as driver 1:b

Dream Team? :madfawk:

#41 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

Posted Image

#42 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:16 PM

Posted Image

:madfawk:

#43 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:40 AM

Posted Image

:hs:

Man, I'm excited. Out of the blocks, BrawnGP is already doing well :madfawk: An underdog I can really cheer for!!

So Honda said they def. want to be back in F1 in the future. It's hard to imagine Honda being out of F1 for long in my eyes...they just have too much history in it. Not as deep as Ferrari, but almost as deep as any other manuf on the grid. Does anyone think that BrawnGP will evolve into something like Williams/McLaren in the future or do you think Honda left something in the contract allowing them to buy back into the team for the future? I can't help to think that by allowing Brawn to run the team while stipulating that Fry be dumped can only mean that Honda wants to be back in F1 in the future?

Just a wild hypothesis...

#44 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:06 AM

I like Brawn, I used to like Honda, and I still like Jens and, to a lesser extent, Boobens. Hooray for a solid privateer, the first since Super Aguri.

It's like STR without mega-douche drivers/managers, Force India without, well........ the same, or Williams with more of a chance (and i was never that big a fan of Nico or Kazoo). Used to make due with RBR, but since DC left i can't bring myself to get that excited for the team.

#45 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:48 PM

Ross Brawn insists Jenson Button's sterling pace at the wheel of the new BGP001 on Monday was genuine.

Despite the Brackley-based team sitting out most of the winter amid uncertainty about its future, the rebranded 'Brawn GP' car had heads turning at Barcelona as it went against every other rival car.

Button topped the morning session with the Mercedes-powered machine and was bettered only by the impressive BMW, Ferrari and Toyota by close of play at the Spanish venue.

But was the pace genuine or had the team drained the fuel tanks, possibly in a bid to entice sponsors?

"If everyone knew how much fuel we had on board, they would be surprised," Brawn told Auto Motor und Sport, who said the Briton was 'smiling' as he gave his answer.

"Even our engine partner Mercedes didn't believe it when we told them," he added.

Long before team owner Honda announced its departure from the sport, Brawn and his team colleagues were predicting a strong 2009 for what was intended to be the RA109 car.

"On the basis of our simulations, we knew what lap times this car would do theoretically at Jerez, Bahrain and Barcelona. When we saw the times of the competition, we were surprised they were not quicker," Brawn revealed.

Most teams wrap up their 2009 pre-season programmes this week, but Brawn GP will conduct a final three days of testing at Jerez next week.

:io:

#46 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

:io:

:x: for brawn gp to kick mclaren's ass w/ the same engine, a 1/2 of the manpower and a 1/4 of the resources/budget.

#47 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

Fry's role confirmed with team...although it doesn't appear to be in ownsership:

Q. What is Nick Fry's position at the team?

RB: Nick has been a key member of the team. He retains his position as CEO and will be a vital member for the future. Nick's position hasn't changed, despite the speculation, and he has been a vital part of putting this all together.

pretty long article if interested:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/73655

#48 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

I was devestated when Honda dropped out, partially b/c I wanted to see Brawn's RA109, and partially b/c I grew up being a Honduh-fanboi :x:

But I am delrious from delight that we have a new and proper privateer team with Brawn running the show! I hope they just lay the smackdown...without KERS! :io:

#49 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

I want BrawnGP to keep talking shit to everyone, occasionally drop their budget too in the conversation.

"Ohh, look at that, 4th, with what, a tenner and some pocket lint, FUCK YOU GUYS!!!"

#50 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

I want BrawnGP to keep talking shit to everyone, occasionally drop their budget too in the conversation.

"Ohh, look at that, 4th, with what, a tenner and some pocket lint, FUCK YOU GUYS!!!"

lol
but seriously, their car is the best looking car on the grid considering it's pretty much just 'white' with a racing stripe. The Ferrari is beautiful too but -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users