WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:45 AM

If by #2 you mean a turd..

He drives worse than DC on a bumper car rampage

Yes, that was the insinuation.

That said, he seems to be able to help sort a car over a weekend, so he's not totally useless.

#102 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:51 AM

rubens is definitely not top tier, but you gotta give him credit for being a part of two dominant teams. his car development could well have something to do with that. i know jenson has given him props for it.

i have a question. jenson said he was bouncing off the limiter on the straights here (and rubens too). is that because the 4 race rule for transmissions means they can't change gear ratios for those races? i mean, if they were changing the cogs around it wouldn't really meet the criterion. :bowdown:

#103 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:51 AM

i have a question. jenson said he was bouncing off the limiter on the straights here (and rubens too). is that because the 4 race rule for transmissions means they can't change gear ratios for those races? i mean, if they were changing the cogs around it wouldn't really meet the criterion. :bowdown:

they can change gear ratios, and reliability parts (like the engine), but that's about it...
It would make no sense to be using Monaco gear ratios on any other track... they'd be hitting top speed on the first 100 meters of the straights... and vice versa (ie: bogging down in the tight sections of Monaco)

the part that didn't make sense to me was Rubens complaining about losing 7th gear then the on screen telemtry showing him going to 7th gear without problems...

#104 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:54 AM

they can change gear ratios, and reliability parts (like the engine), but that's about it...
It would make no sense to be using Monaco gear ratios on any other track... they'd be hitting top speed on the first 100 meters of the straights... and vice versa (ie: bogging down in the tight sections of Monaco)

the part that didn't make sense to me was Rubens complaining about losing 7th gear then the on screen telemtry showing him going to 7th gear without problems...

that is very bizarre

i don't understand why brawn GP would set them up with a 7th gear that would be hitting the limiter. did they think they'd just be in front all day and not have to pass anyone? wtf

#105 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:01 AM

that is very bizarre

i don't understand why brawn GP would set them up with a 7th gear that would be hitting the limiter. did they think they'd just be in front all day and not have to pass anyone? wtf

reasonable assumption

#106 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:16 AM

reasonable assumption

i suppose :mamoru:

#107 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:40 AM

that is very bizarre

faster for qualifying? :mamoru:

#108 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

does anyone even want the race feed uploaded?

#109 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

u mad

#110 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

does anyone even want the race feed uploaded?

Who was dealing with insomnia a couple days ago? pm them, this race might cure that...

#111 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

Well at least adding KERS, freezing engine development, adding tall skinny rear wings and super wide front wings has added immensely to overtaking and racing in general. :mamoru:
The cost savings for the teams is just icing on the cake.

gg MadMax

#112 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:28 PM

Well at least adding KERS, freezing engine development, adding tall skinny rear wings and super wide front wings has added immensely to overtaking and racing in general. :mamoru:
The cost savings for the teams is just icing on the cake.

gg MadMax

i think if you got rid of the double diffuser (and put all the cars even in terms of KERS by removing it or forcing everyone to run it by increasing min weight) then we would be seeing more overtaking. at least the double diffuser making overtaking near impossible again was what the non-double diffuser teams were trying to argue before the ruling was made that they were legal. effectively all that cleaned up rear flow around the rear which was intended by the rules to increase overtaking has now been negated by these new diffusers.

now that everyone has the double diffuser i don't really see much overtaking for the remainder of the season unless the weather has something to do about it (just like in years past)

#113 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

i think if you got rid of the double diffuser (and put all the cars even in terms of KERS by removing it or forcing everyone to run it by increasing min weight) then we would be seeing more overtaking. at least the double diffuser making overtaking near impossible again was what the non-double diffuser teams were trying to argue before the ruling was made that they were legal. effectively all that cleaned up rear flow around the rear which was intended by the rules to increase overtaking has now been negated by these new diffusers.

now that everyone has the double diffuser i don't really see much overtaking for the remainder of the season unless the weather has something to do about it (just like in years past)

I don't honestly think that the bigger diffusers are as big a deal for overtaking as the non-big diffuser teams were making it out to be.

Given that the majority of the field is separated by about a second through most of qualifying, the speed similarities across the board mean more than the aero bits, as far as making it difficult to overtake IMO.

#114 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

I don't honestly think that the bigger diffusers are as big a deal for overtaking as the non-big diffuser teams were making it out to be.

Given that the majority of the field is separated by about a second through most of qualifying, the speed similarities across the board mean more than the aero bits, as far as making it difficult to overtake IMO.

if you don't count brawn there was quite a bit of overtaking in melbourne, sepang and bahrain...

#115 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

if you don't count brawn there was quite a bit of overtaking in melbourne, sepang and bahrain...

Even though slicks really make a huge difference in the low speed areas I think it is one of the biggest positive factors in better racing and overtaking. Addiing slicks to last years cars, getting rid of the silly aero bits & bobs and kers would have been better. I'm sure there is a better solution to keeping the cars speed in check too.

#116 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

I still put that more on the tire compound discrepancy, which most teams have gotten away from as of late as they learn the tires more.

#117 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

damn Woobens had such a faildrive

#118 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

Do you really think the diffuser makes that big of a difference in the racing? I mean, we have a whole sleuth of aerodynamic changes...I know the "intended" diffuser would've been better for the racing but I have a hard time believing that the double-diffuser would cause such a detrimental effect on the racing since bahrain - considering we have different wings, slicks, no bits/pieces on the car at all this year...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users