#76 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:50 AM

2nd is cracking?

In other news EVERY gamble i took for FF1 didn't pay out, from Fisi to Hammy to Luizzi.

He got 2nd. Just. He is getting walked on by Woobens right now - he might be 37yo, but he's driving out of his skin right now. Every place that counted, Rubens could pull away from Button. Quite the opposite from the beginning of the season. And lets not forget Spa, when he got owned by Rubens in Quali.

I like Button, I've always thought of him as the best of the rest, but now I really question that...

#77 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:36 PM

Trulli doooooooriiiiifto :eek5:

Style points bitch. :mamoru:

#78 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

He got 2nd. Just. He is getting walked on by Woobens right now - he might be 37yo, but he's driving out of his skin right now. Every place that counted, Rubens could pull away from Button. Quite the opposite from the beginning of the season. And lets not forget Spa, when he got owned by Rubens in Quali.

I like Button, I've always thought of him as the best of the rest, but now I really question that...

As long as he doesn't finish more than 2 spots below Rubens for the remainder of the season he's got the WDC. He might not be the best driver out there but he made the best of the dominance they had early season, and that's what will end up being the decisive factor. Rubens got into the groove a bit too late, especially given there are now at least 5 teams that are now capable of race wins. Had he been on this form for the first 5 races and gotten some early victories in then I'd reckon it would be a much closer title race.

#79 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

As long as he doesn't finish more than 2 spots below Rubens for the remainder of the season he's got the WDC. He might not be the best driver out there but he made the best of the dominance they had early season, and that's what will end up being the decisive factor. Rubens got into the groove a bit too late, especially given there are now at least 5 teams that are now capable of race wins. Had he been on this form for the first 5 races and gotten some early victories in then I'd reckon it would be a much closer title race.

It's not like I think Rubens is a great driver as well - because he always shows mental cracks, lol. Button is smoother for sure about keeping his cards close to him. But one gets the sense that if the car is not absolutely spot perfect for Button, he won't deliver the win. I'm thinking someone like Alonso, Lewis, Kimi and to an extent Vettel - if the car was even 90% of what the Brawn is now, they would dominate the race from practice to race. And they would do it every weekend until the season finale.

#80 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:49 PM

Oh Lewis, no...... :o

I think I'm the only Hamilton fan on this whole board. :o

Anyway, if Lewis couldn't win, I'm glad Kimi was on the podium. I'm about sick of BrYawn Racing. I'm still fucking pissed they didn't put Brunno Senna in a seat this year, and I'll be pissed if MBHPE and Mclaren part ways and Benz buys up Brawn to be the new Silver Arrows.

#81 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:49 AM

Anyway, if Lewis couldn't win, I'm glad Kimi was on the podium. I'm about sick of BrYawn Racing. I'm still fucking pissed they didn't put Brunno Senna in a seat this year, and I'll be pissed if MBHPE and Mclaren part ways and Benz buys up Brawn to be the new Silver Arrows.

There was a Macca before MB, there'll be one after :o

#82 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:27 AM

I still like Lewis. :o

#83 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:55 AM

I still like Lewis. :o

You like a lot of people. :o

#84 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:56 AM

I like Hammy too, as long as he finishes behind Kimi :o

#85 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:00 AM

I like Hammy too, as long as he finishes in the wall :o

fixed.

#86 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

You like a lot of people. :o

Lewis, Jenson, DC as they're all semi-countrymen (my mom moved from Scotland when she was 6).

Scott Speed as he was a countryman.

Seb Vettel, begrudgingly, because after he took Scott's seat, his personality and speed are charismatic. I find his attitude refreshing for F1 as a whole, and loved him and Jenson giving each other shit at the pres conferences earlier in the year.

Really, looking at the list of drivers, that's about it. I hope Luizzi well, as he was always pretty even with Speed, and I think they both got shit on by French Toast and Burger at STR, but not enough to really like and follow.

As for the rest, i'll prefer some drivers to others, such as Boobens over Buemi, or Weber over Trulli, but no one i'll really cheer for outright.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users