Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:48 PM

Comedy gold :hs::

Mr Briatore's position is perhaps best summed up by the following exerpt from the transcript:

"I never talk with Nelsinho, I never talk about crashing the car, he's never coming to me tell me "Flavio Jesus Christ I crash the car, you won the race, can you renew my contract?" You know if someone do you a favor like that I just renew the contract."

http://i.dailymail.c...f/04Renault.pdf

On 3.7 the text suggests that Piquet's 'normal' reaction to oversteer is to lift off the throttle and/or hit the brakes. Wouldn't that just induce lift-off oversteer anyways? I'm not suggesting anything fishy going on here, just that now I'm hearing differing views on how to catch an oversteer moment.

edit: nm, he floored it after he started to spin :mamoru:

#27 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

the rest of the documents: http://www.dailymail...te-hearing.html

#28 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

http://www.guardian....ulaone-renault1

Posted Image

#29 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:07 PM

Geezus Christ....

Sometimes you stay on the gas - it really is dependent on the situation at hand though. Wonder how sideways the car had gotten where he kept it floored...

#30 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:27 PM

Would be interesting to see his throttle input on that corner for the previous few laps...

#31 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

so we've lost Todt, Ron Integrity, and now Flava Flav... it's like the main cast is getting replaced :hs:

Ross and Frank are the biggest names left on the pit wall....

Well, Richards and Windsor, if they come back with the new teams.

#32 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Would be interesting to see his throttle input on that corner for the previous few laps...

"Piquet's telemetry at the exit to turn 17 reveals that he applied throttle earlier than expected which caused his rear wheels to spin. He then eased off the accelerator before reapplying pressure to cause the car to lurch into a spin and hit the wall.

Piquet's earlier laps in the grand prix did not feature such early acceleration on the same turn."

#33 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

Ross and Frank are the biggest names left on the pit wall....

Well, Richards and Windsor, if they come back with the new teams.

Symonds is rehireable, just not for a position on the pit wall.

Briatore is done.

#34 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

"Piquet's telemetry at the exit to turn 17 reveals that he applied throttle earlier than expected which caused his rear wheels to spin. He then eased off the accelerator before reapplying pressure to cause the car to lurch into a spin and hit the wall.

Piquet's earlier laps in the grand prix did not feature such early acceleration on the same turn."

Yeah, exactly, it would be interesting to see that overlayed with the crash lap.

#35 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:56 AM

lolol my AV from last year is now famous
Posted Image

#36 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

LOLZ IT WORKED

#37 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

If Flavio and Pat get banned in FIA sanctioned events, shouldn't PK get the same? I know he has immunity from the FIA, but I guess he has committed career suicide.

After all, he was the one who actually crashed. If Flavio would have told PK to jump off the bridge, would he have?

Granted that what Flavio should have told PK to do....

#38 cafcwest

cafcwest

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:06 AM

Granted that what Flavio should have told PK to do....

hopefully straight into the Talent River mate.

Yes, PK Jr will never drive in F1 again.

#39 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

hopefully straight into the Talent River mate.

Yes, PK Jr will never drive in F1 again.

:mamoru:

#40 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

and there are TONS of drives next season too.

#41 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:58 PM

but I guess he has committed career suicide.

With the fate of his former employers Renault hanging precariously in the balance, and Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds having seemingly left Formula 1 for good, Nelsinho Piquet has created a trail of destruction in his wake over the past few weeks – and made himself 'unemployable' into the bargain, reckons BBC F1 commentator Martin Brundle.

It was confirmed today by Renault that managing director Briatore and executive director of engineering Symonds have parted company with the team but even that is unlikely to be the final twist in a scandal that has kept the sport gripped for the last month and, Brundle contends, has done F1 no favours at all.

Should the Enstone-based outfit be found guilty of having 'fixed' the result of the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix in instructing Piquet to deliberately crash to enable team-mate Fernando Alonso to win the race, the Régie could find itself banned from competition outright – and even if it escapes with a lesser punishment or no punishment at all, some surmise, the French manufacturer may well choose to walk away at season's end regardless due to the global loss of reputation caused.

Brundle points the finger of blame firmly at Piquet and his manager father Nelson Piquet, as the paddock and public alike nervously anticipate Monday's hearing of the FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) in Paris.

“The Monza weekend was dominated by the Renault controversy,” the former McLaren, Benetton and Ligier ace wrote in his regular BBC column. “The sad thing is that the damage to F1 is already done because of the leaked information.

“I'm disappointed in Piquet father and son. Like many of us in the paddock, they have benefited enormously from being in the privileged inner sanctum of F1, and the boy's career opportunities and funding existed only because of F1 – so crashing deliberately in the first place, as he claims he did, and then lobbing this nuclear bomb into the paddock is not impressive to say the least.

“They've cut off their noses to spite their face, because surely Nelson Piquet Jr is unemployable in F1 now. Which team and sponsor wants to be associated with all this? Anger has got the better of them here. F1, though, will survive it and move on.”

#42 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

Posted Image

#43 draobpi

draobpi

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:15 PM

I for one will miss Flavio and sad to see him and Symonds leave the sport like this. Hopefully Symonds will come back.

A plague on Piquet's house, both him and his dad. Way to ruin both your family name and throw shit at a sport.

It's sad to see that just when this season was finally getting some actual racing and excitement ON the track, they once again managed to screw it all up with stupid drama and controversies.

I still firmly believe that Flavio had nothign to do with this. HE hated piquet and his no talent ass..... I wouldn't want to keep a driver that only knew how to crash.

#44 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:07 PM

i think the piquets suggested it in all seriousness. and the chance for a victory for flav and symonds was stronger than their judgement could handle after the suggestion.

#45 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

I'm going to miss the flamboyant Italian b/c of his antics, comments, and just rather 'larger than life' kind of attitude. And I'm going to miss the crazy arse engineeering/strategy skills of Symonds. He was probably on par with Brawn, all things considered.

To hell w/ the Piquets. They're so wrapped up about themselves, that they can't wrap their minds around the fact that they're slowly helping kill F1 just a little bit more in all the fans.

#46 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

Posted Image

[OT]
:mamoru: repost!
[/OT]

#47 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:27 AM

oh shit look at that repost

THINGS HAPPEN FAST

#48 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:28 AM

By fast I mean I dont know how I didnt see it

#49 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:28 AM

I bet he edited it in to make me look bad

#50 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image

Just being devil's advocate a bit. Does anyone else find it dumb that this graph says he was accelerating when he hit the wall? I would have thought the impact into the wall was after the throttle was released (after his full throttle had already induced the oversteer). Who fully accelerates until they're into the wall? Wouldn't there have been more tyre smoke being at full throttle with such a slip angle? :mamoru:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users