Button wins :wtc:

#55 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

I think Button proving last year wasn't a fluke...:wtc: and he beat Lewis score!

I wish Vettel won tho :bowdown:

#56 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:02 AM

Button leading the cheeeep

Massa tumbling like a drier

#57 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

Posted Image

more great Schumi related banners

#58 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

argh, I wonder what penalty lewis will incur..

Good job tho, each mclaren showing off their respective talents. Button good on tires, lewis aggressive as ever. If Lewis could qualify as high as his Mclarens race pace he should win soon. :wtc:

Sucks seing Michael get abused, but it makes for great racing. Kuciba is great at Renault, and finally Petch made good.

#59 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:53 PM

1) Jenson is surprising me, i although he only seems to do well when weather is fucked
2) shumi isn't doing well at all, looked like he was struggling all weekend and then during the race couldn't decide what to do with tires
3) koby man. he should just be sponsored by Target, get some circles up on that car for people to aim for

#60 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

How many fucking 'reprimands' is this guy going to get :wtc:

At this point Whitmarsh might as well give Ham an uzi so he can mow down the grid and only get a reprimand for it.

#61 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

How many fucking 'reprimands' is this guy going to get :wtc:
At this point Whitmarsh might as well give Ham an uzi so he can mow down the grid and only get a reprimand for it.

Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel have both been reprimanded by the race stewards for dangerous driving during their pitlane incident in the Chinese Grand Prix.

Hamilton was released after a pitstop just as Vettel was near him, and the pair chose to race side-by-side down the length of the pits rather than concede the position.

The stewards believed that such driving, which included Hamilton getting sideways as he tried to out-accelerate the Red Bull Racing driver and Vettel edging over on the McLaren, was done in a "dangerous manner."

The stewards spoke to both drivers and reviewed video evidence before making their ruling.

:bowdown:

but why was vettel dinged too? he was actually on the pit lane where the cars should be, Lewis was the one going down the mechanics area...

#62 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

JENSON WINS!!!

FUCK YOU LEWHAM!!!
BITCH!!!
HAR HAR HAR!!!

#63 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

:o

but why was vettel dinged too?
he was actually on the pit lane where the cars should be, Lewis was the one going down the mechanics area...

who

the

fuck

Posted Image?

#64 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

1) Jenson is surprising me, i although he only seems to do well when weather is fucked
2) shumi isn't doing well at all, looked like he was struggling all weekend and then during the race couldn't decide what to do with tires
3) koby man. he should just be sponsored by Target, get some circles up on that car for people to aim for

He has intelligence - something we forget is very important to F1...he might not be an out-right better racer than Lewis, but he has the ability to think through the scenarios and come up with the best solutions while Lewis depends on the pitwall to make decisions. This is twice where he has shown more capability in the head than Lewis. And that's why he fits variable conditions better, b/c as a chess game - rain is where it really makes you think.

Button's no dog either though...3-1 he has beaten Lewis in quali. Combine the fact that he manages tire wear much better (probably the best in F1 atm) you have a pretty capable driver. Button is proving everyone (including me) wrong. I'll admit I didn't think he would settle into the team so quickly, nevermind challenge Lewis. But the seasons long...

I'm gutted for Vettel though. C'mon Skittles!

#65 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

:o poor Alonso :wtc: but hella surprised to see him be so aggressive and work his way up to 4th :mamoru:
brb going to planetf1 to read all the gossip

wtf no penalty for Hamilton's stunt?!? Do they have secret challenges for immunity before every race?

#66 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

..and people say Ferrari has the FIA in their back pocket.

They made a clear rule, no less than 3 races ago and have now gone back on it - top work fellas

Also what about Hamilton squeezing Webber before the restart? How did that get by anyone/everyone

#67 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

Vettel got reprimanded because he moved lewis over even further, clearly hamilton is already in the wrong there, so there was no need to try to force him over further. Also Vettel moved lewis out into Webber on the restart. The Golden Boy isn't without culpability this race. Also, no harm no foul. Why should either Vettel or Lewis be given a time penalty after the race considering in the end it turned out to be just hard racing without any accidents? How many times have we bitched about shitty after-race stewards decisions? At least now we are getting untainted results. I get that some people might scream "safety" but there are plenty of incidents, recently and further in the past, where the FIA looked the other way at infractions that might have been unsafe, but didn't result in carbon shards.

Mclaren's race pace is the strongest currently, wet or dry. Jenson has done a damn good job of using his experience in making calls to change rubber and in when to push and when to look after his tires.

#68 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

Also, no harm no foul. Why should either Vettel or Lewis be given a time penalty after the race considering in the end it turned out to be just hard racing without any accidents?

no

I rarely put my liberal pussy hat on, but...
In my opinion Lewis came out behind vettel, so he should nudge in behind him, not RACE him to the pit exit in the SLOW lane.
Could you imagine how traumatic it would of been if another crew member had his legs chopped off, killed, or if another car was in the pits about to exit? That stunt is totally uncalled for.

#69 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:37 PM

About racing into the last corner after second SC restart. If you guys watched the BBC feed Brundle mentioned that they moved the safety car line from the start/finish line to somewhere around the hairpin. So Jens became the SC when the SC car went past there and once they all did shit was on.

Apparently its a new rule for this year and each track has its own safety car line now thats not at the start/finish but somewhere around last corner.

#70 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:53 PM

thats what you saw. Me and Charlie Whiting saw Vettel move over on him before Lewis decided to ride it out. Regardless, there weren't any crew members in the "slow lane" or in the box's. So again it seems, no harm no foul.

#71 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:08 PM

seb being a baby with interviewer Buxton as he and lewis left the stewards meeting. :o

#72 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:15 AM

It's as much about his strategy as it is about his being able to conserve tires. I thought that his being easy on tires might play into his hands this year, and so far it's looking to be the case.

Lewis stopped twice as much and still had his tires go off first. Hell, I almost think that Jenson is in Lewis' head, cruising around the track at 99% of Lewis' pace, but getting so much more out of his tires.

#73 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:17 AM

Also what about Hamilton squeezing Webber before the restart? How did that get by anyone/everyone

Seb pushed Hamilton out, as they were going 3-wide into that turn. You can't really blame Hamilton for pushing Webbo out when he was left nowhere to go himself.

#74 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:33 AM

bbc post race analyzed the vettel/lewis pitstop...
lewis was let go honestly about 1/2 a second after vettel, no way lollipop guy could've reacted fast enough to hold him... so in that case, they agreed they should be reprimanded...

but

they said lewis should've given up his place down the pit lane since he wasn't on the "fast" lane and for that, he should be punished at the next race...

#75 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:36 AM

It's as much about his strategy as it is about his being able to conserve tires. I thought that his being easy on tires might play into his hands this year, and so far it's looking to be the case.

agreed... and he makes better choices in the wet it seems...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users