128 replies to this topic

#51 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

Anyone still on the LH bandwagon now? I was hanging on...sorta. Hard to now unless I wanna get lynched :bowrofl:

was never on this gay bandwagon crew

#52 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

i have always thought he is an amazing talent, but something has always rubbed me the wrong way

#53 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

whether there were lies or whatever the whole fuckin thing is stupid

demoting or excluding people is just shit and really is a bad aspect of F1.

The thing is, Trulli drove a great race and deserved 3rd, due to what Hamilton told the Stewards, Trulli almost lost his 3rd place

#54 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:18 AM

underneath, Hamilton wants to win at all costs just like Michael did, but he tries to put up a "I'm cute and cuddly" facade, which I don't like

even Norbert Haug let his mouth slip in McLaren's official press release so it was rather dumbly done by McLaren on the whole

#55 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

FIA insists McLaren misled stewards

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 13:18 GMT

The FIA is insisting that McLaren and Lewis Hamilton 'misled' the governing body during a meeting with stewards following the Australian Grand Prix.

Hamilton was stripped of his third place in Melbourne on Thursday, while Toyota's Jarno Trulli was reinstated to third place, after the FIA stated that the Italian was 'unfairly penalised' for overtaking the McLaren behind the safety car.

Both Hamilton and Trulli were summoned by the stewards after the incident last Sunday. Trulli was penalised 25s, which dropped him out of the points.

On Thursday, McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh denied the team had lied to the stewards.

However, the FIA said on Thursday afternoon that both Hamilton and team manager David Ryan had not been completely honest about what happened during the race.

"During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake," the FIA said in a statement.

"Both the driver and the team manager stated that no such instruction had been given.

"The race director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so."

The FIA added that both in radio communications and in an interview after the race, it was clear that McLaren had instructed Hamilton to let Trulli through.

#56 RedVVing19

RedVVing19

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:43 AM

Fucking take back Vettel's penalty then, race incident

#57 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:52 AM

Fucking take back Vettel's penalty then, race incident

Fucking need to.

Bullshit penalty.

#58 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:19 AM

i have always thought he is an amazing talent, but something has always rubbed me the wrong way

is it coz he's black? :rofl:

I kid I kid, but I do get what you mean.

There's an air of cockiness that came with Lewis about half way through his first season that kinda exploded into his current r'epertoire. It's kinda feel like him saying: I'm the best, I'm the best. You're wrong, I'm right. I'm the best.

#59 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:46 AM

is it coz he's black? :mamoru:

I kid I kid, but I do get what you mean.

There's an air of cockiness that came with Lewis about half way through his first season that kinda exploded into his current r'epertoire. It's kinda feel like him saying: I'm the best, I'm the best. You're wrong, I'm right. I'm the best.

like the donkey..

#60 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:06 AM

like the donkey..

:mamoru:

#61 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:47 AM

Be happy for Trulli, damn you! :mamoru:

#62 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

That was dumb.

I may be grasping at straws here, but perhaps he told the stewards a corroborating story with what his bosses were coming up with.

The fact he told the media the truth right after is really confusing.

Hamilton apologises for Melbourne 'mistake'

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton has publically apologised for the events that culminated in his disqualification from last weekendรขโ‚ฌโ„ขs Australian Grand Prix. Speaking to the media in Malaysia on Friday, Hamilton said sorry to the Melbourne stewards and his fans for what he described as a รขโ‚ฌหœhuge mistakeรขโ‚ฌโ„ข.

He finished the season-opener in fourth, but was handed third at a post-race hearing, after Toyotaรขโ‚ฌโ„ขs Jarno Trulli was penalized for passing his McLaren under the safety car. A second inquiry in Sepang, however, heard fresh evidence that showed that McLaren sporting director Dave Ryan and Hamilton had รขโ‚ฌหœdeliberately misledรขโ‚ฌโ„ข the stewards by denying the British driver had been told to move aside to allow Trulli to pass.

"In Melbourne, I had a great race,รขโ‚ฌย said the reigning world champion. รขโ‚ฌล“As soon as I got out of the car I had the television interviews at the back of the garage, and straight away I gave them a good account of what happened during the race. Straight after that we were requested by the stewards, and while waiting I was instructed and misled by my team manager to withhold information, and that is what I did.

"I sincerely apologise to the stewards for wasting their time. Iรขโ‚ฌโ„ขd like to say sorry to all my fans who have believed in me, and have supported me for years. I am not a liar or a dishonest person. I am a team player. Every time I have been informed to do something I have done it. This time I realise it was a huge mistake. I am learning from it. It has taken a huge toll on me.รขโ‚ฌย

While Hamilton was excluded from the race results, [Dave] Ryan has been suspended by McLaren and sent home to the United Kingdom. It is understood a decision on his future wonรขโ‚ฌโ„ขt be made until after this weekendรขโ‚ฌโ„ขs Malaysian Grand Prix.

:hs:

#63 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

:dunno:

Easier to have a scapegoat than to pin it on their star driver.

#64 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

Easier to have a scapegoat than to pin it on their star driver.

true.

David Coulthard told Bild that controversial episodes like this often mark out the differences between good drivers and great ones.

"There are always the drivers who see things only for themselves," the Red Bull advisor and TV pundit said. "Ayrton Senna was one, Michael Schumacher as well, and Lewis is probably made the same way."

http://en.f1-live.co...403150029.shtml

:dunno:

#65 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

Q. (Ed Gorman รข€“ The Times) Martin, to follow that up. The impression we are getting from the statement is that Dave Ryan did this on his own. Are you telling us that there was no-one else involved in McLaren, senior to him, in this process?

Martin Whitmarsh: Correct, there was no-one else senior. I think anyone who knows Dave will know that he did not set out with any deliberate intention to mislead the stewards. He went to that stewards meeting with Lewis, I am sure, with the intention of being very clear and straightforward but I think during the course of that meeting, as we explored it more with him, over the last 24 hours it became clear that he was not as full and comprehensive as he could have been.

this sounds a lot like what they said about mike coughlan :dunno:

#66 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

this sounds a lot like what they said about mike coughlan :mamoru:

:rofl: I was thinking that while I was reading it. Team communication must be pretty shitty.

"Oh you going off to the stewards with Jewis? good luck - dont tell me how you'll play it. I like the suspense" :ugh:

#67 Polish

Polish

Kart

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:16 AM

Hamilton considered quitting over Oz GP

By Simon Strang Saturday, April 4th 2009, 23:43 GMT

Lewis Hamilton considered quitting McLaren, and even Formula 1, over the controversy surrounding his exclusion from last week's Australian Grand Prix, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper.

The newspaper claims that the world champion was talked out of walking away from the sport by FIA president Max Mosley, after Hamilton contacted the governing body to express his frustration that McLaren had misled him over the affair.

The Briton was disqualified from the Melbourne results after the stewards deemed he and McLaren sporting director Dave Ryan had 'deliberately misled' them about a radio conversation that took place after he had passed Toyota driver Jarno Trulli behind the safety car.

Hamilton and his father Anthony are reported to have been furious that his public perception had been tarnished by the affair, and both apparently insisted McLaren allow him to take the unprecendented step of holding a press conference in the FIA media centre so he could come clean about the situation.

He subsequently made an emotional open apology to the stewards and his fans. "I was misled and that is the way it went," he told the press. "I would like to say a big sorry to all my fans who have believed in me, who have supported me for years, who I showed who I am for the past three years, and it is who I am. I am not a liar. I am not a dishonest person.

Bernie Ecclestone told the Daily Mail: "Lewis is terribly upset but his father is even more upset having his son called a cheat. Anthony has brought Lewis up not to be like that and he is disappointed somebody has called him a liar when he isn't deliberately lying."

Hamilton's future with McLaren now remains unclear. BBC commentator Martin Brundle pointed out in his Sunday Times column today that the 24-year-old could walk free from his multi-year contract citing a breach on the team's behalf.

"McLaren could also now be perceived to be in breach of Lewis's contract for bringing him into disrepute especially as a senior team member has taken the whole rap," said Brundle, who raced for McLaren in 1994. "This would make him a free agent if he wanted to move teams."

Brundle also suggested that the scandal may stay with Hamilton forever. "The Briton's reputation has understandably taken a battering but a sense of perspective is required here.

"He will recover from this in time but he will have to live with the stigma in perpetuity, just as [Michael] Schumacher does. It will always be mentioned in his epitaph."

Wow seriously? I am in full Hamilton hate mode now. He wanted to leave McLaren and F1? YOU STILL CHOSE TO LIE, you could have easily said "No, I am going to tell the truth." Seriously, fuck you Hamilton, I can't believe how much of a little bitch you are. Full-fledged Anti-Hamilton mode activated.

I still like McLaren though, over Ferrari. :mamoru: Kovy 4 lyfe yo.

#68 cafcwest

cafcwest

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:59 AM

Wow seriously? I am in full Hamilton hate mode now. He wanted to leave McLaren and F1? YOU STILL CHOSE TO LIE, you could have easily said "No, I am going to tell the truth." Seriously, fuck you Hamilton, I can't believe how much of a little bitch you are. Full-fledged Anti-Hamilton mode activated.

Agreed!!

Wah Wah, it wasn't me, it was the TEAAMMMM!!!!!

Sounds like the fucking cryfest that Alonso put up in '07.

I haven't seen any press from Mr. Ron "Integrity" Dennis on this row yet - wonder when he is going to crawl out of hell and comment.

#69 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:57 AM

Agreed!!

Wah Wah, it wasn't me, it was the TEAAMMMM!!!!!

Sounds like the fucking cryfest that Alonso put up in '07.

I haven't seen any press from Mr. Ron "Integrity" Dennis on this row yet - wonder when he is going to crawl out of hell and comment.

The funniest part is, and Im not sticking up for Alonso here. But chances are what he said was true

#70 rlolz

rlolz

Formula Ford

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:07 AM

what a fucking drama queen

#71 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

seriously, it's not like Dave held a gun to his head and told him to lie... and apparently Lewis is well educated, so it's not like he couldn't catch on...

Dave: Lewis, tell them there was no radio communcation about us telling you to let Trulli past
Lewis: Isn't that lying?
Dave: No, it's just not telling the truth...
Lewis: oh, okay

:bowdown:

#72 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:53 AM

I still like McLaren though, over Ferrari. :rofl: Kovy 4 lyfe yo.

Kovi sucks.

#73 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:34 AM

Kovi sucks.

i like kovy too, but he sucks :rofl:

#74 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:49 AM

Kovi is really disappointing me :rofl:

Ohhh well, Vettel is quickly becoming my next favourite driver, once Kimi retires of course...

#75 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

turns out mclaren fired the guy who took the fall for the 'lying' (dave ryan). thanks for 30 years of loyalty to mclaren, but you're under the smoking gun now so we'll tell you to kindly fuck off. :o

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/74348

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users