#76 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

Four Loko > Red Bull > Bawls > Amp > being anally fisted by an world arm wrestling champion > Rockstar

Four Loko :bowrofl: you drink that shit at work, son? Like a boss.

#77 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

I actually read that a banana and an apple in the morning is just as effective as an energy drink or coffee...I tried once and it didn't work for me. But it could be mental too...

A banana and 16oz of coffee I'd agree with.

#78 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

You guys really like RB for flavor? I can't stand that shit. Tastes like horse piss and Smarties.

Monster Lo Carb>*

I hate monster, cant stand it.

#79 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

I'm with Thom, monster low carb definitely tastes better than red bull, but I would rather support RB than monster...

5 hour energy is the shit though...

the black ones are evil, i felt so shitty after having one once

#80 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

the red bull is actually slightly bigger than it should be but its still among the longest of the 2011 cars

Posted Image

the mercedes is fucking short

look how the rb7 sidepods just melt away, no other car has that

#81 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

Spain newspaper is reporting that Kubica may have reached an agreement with Ferrari, for 2013, depending on his last phase of rehabilitation. That makes very little sense to me for very obvious reasons other then needing someone else besides Massa in the 2nd seat.

But Renault's statement that they won't support Kubica if he has talked to other teams kind of jives with this garage rumor...

#82 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

makes no sense for ferrari to stick their necks out like that.

#83 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

makes no sense for ferrari to stick their necks out like that.

especially since they just stuck their necks out for Massa (and you see what that got them :o ).

Ferrari: F1's official rehab team?

#84 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

PS: Ferrari should scoop Perez up in 2013, assuming his 2012 goes well. Guy did pretty well his rookie season, and he's in their pipeline.

#85 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

PS: Ferrari should scoop Perez up in 2013, assuming his 2012 goes well. Guy did pretty well his rookie season, and he's in their pipeline.

:werd: And the Carlos Slim sponsorship has to be better than anything bobert could bring.

#86 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

:werd: And the Carlos Slim sponsorship has to be better than anything bobert could bring.

I keep forgetting he's a pay driver. :o

Although I'm not sure Ferrari need more sponsorship, it certainly can't hurt.

#87 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

I keep forgetting he's a pay driver. :o

Although I'm not sure Ferrari need more sponsorship, it certainly can't hurt.

Yep, unique combo of sponsorship $ and talent.

If I was running any top tier team, he'd be my first pick for a #2.

#88 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

Yep, unique combo of sponsorship $ and talent.

If I was running any top tier team, he'd be my first pick for a #2.

I guess that's the thing with Ferrari, they just need someone safe to bring the car home decently and be able to pull off any odd strategy gambles they may want to try, and Perez seems to have excelled at that with his multiple 1-stop races. Easy on tires, keeps his nose clean, quick enough to finish where the car should be or better.

He likely won't challenge Alonso on pure speed, but he's also new enough that he wouldn't fuss much about being made to play 2nd fiddle (at least for the time being).

#89 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

I guess that's the thing with Ferrari, they just need someone safe to bring the car home decently and be able to pull off any odd strategy gambles they may want to try, and Perez seems to have excelled at that with his multiple 1-stop races. Easy on tires, keeps his nose clean, quick enough to finish where the car should be or better.

He likely won't challenge Alonso on pure speed, but he's also new enough that he wouldn't fuss much about being made to play 2nd fiddle (at least for the time being).

And he may have the potential to grow into something special. Not vettel special, but jb special.

#90 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

And he may have the potential to grow into something special. Not vettel special, but jb special.

Depends on how much he digests information and can adapt, as it seems that Vettel's speed this year has been as much about his getting on top of information and changes as it was about his natural talent.

I still don't think he's as naturally fast as Hamilton or Alonso, but his thirst for knowledge and understanding seems to be giving him his current edge.

#91 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

I think the Renot/Cubicle relationship went sour because he simply isn't ready to come back and cant give any guarantees or even reliable estimates to his return. And when/if he comes back there are no guarantees to his performance, it just makes no sense for them to hang on to Bobert, or for any other team that's at the front of the grid to be talking to him tbh.

#92 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

Maybe Schumi's seat for bobert in 2013 :dunno: They'd probably be able to get hulk as a reserve...just in case kubi's hand falls off mid-lap.

#93 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:23 AM

I think the Renot/Cubicle relationship went sour because he simply isn't ready to come back and cant give any guarantees or even reliable estimates to his return. And when/if he comes back there are no guarantees to his performance, it just makes no sense for them to hang on to Bobert, or for any other team that's at the front of the grid to be talking to him tbh.

You can't hold a seat forever, especially not waiting for a guy who may end up being a shadow of his former self IF he even returns.

Waiting a whole year was already a big ask. At this point, I'd hope he's going to need to prove himself again, to any potential team.

#94 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:30 AM

I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing in Perez, then again he wasn't even on my radar...

Kubi is done... if the dude is still using a walker to get around, and we're a couple months away from the first tests, he's not coming back next year...
if he was gone 2 years because of a sabbatical (ala Kimi) or retirement (ala shummi) where they still played around with racing, then sure, a come back maybe, but 2 years out pretty much doing rehab? yeah, he's done...

#95 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:49 AM

I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing in Perez, then again he wasn't even on my radar...

#10 on F1 Fanatic's driver list, making him their top rookie driver.

http://www.f1fanatic...kings-part-156/

Sergio Perez - 7/10
As debuts go, his drive to a provisional seventh place in Melbourne - one-stopping on the rapidly degrading Pirelli tyres - was nothing short of remarkable. It took until Silverstone for him to be able to repeat the result, but he made few errors throughout the season, even picking up points when the car was less competitive. He would have had a better tally if the team hadn't forced him into extra-long stints so often.

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/66341.html

He wasn't a big show-stopper, for sure, but he was usually showing up higher than expected in the results due to making the long-stops the C30 liked work out well. Relatively well matched to the highly rated Kobayashi, which is pretty impressive in it's own right. Even got to Q3 in Monaco (where he crashed out, and took him out of the two races when the Sauber was arguably at it's best).

#96 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

I'd argue Paul Di Resta is the rookie of the year, but Sergio did some pretty solid drives for a lower mid-field pack team.

#97 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

Pastor gets the nod from me for running into Hambone on purpose.

#98 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

Wow, both STR drivers got fired.

Toro Rosso has announced that Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne will drive for the team in 2012, replacing Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/96745

#99 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

I'd argue Paul Di Resta is the rookie of the year

Same...

Wow, both STR drivers got fired.
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/96745

:eek3:

#100 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

wow, did ricciardo show anything in his last few drives?

Jaime to HRT then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users