• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

Even when the DRIVERS vote on who's-who, the fans disagree :madfawk:
FUCK!

http://www.planet-f1...-The-Prettiest-

The Formula One drivers have spoken: Ayrton Senna is the best there ever was and Nico Rosberg is a 'beautiful woman.'

Bild am Sonntag recently conducted an anonymous survey involving 20 of the 24 current drivers, with only Williams and Renault not participating.

The 'Best Driver Of All Time' went to the late Ayrton Senna, who secured in 12 votes, while Michael Schumacher was second with three and Alain Prost second with two.

As for the 'Best Active Driver', that went to Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, however, the Spaniard did not even feature in the top three for 'Who Will Win This Year's World Title'.

That was topped by Lewis Hamilton
with eight votes while six drivers believe Sebastian Vettel will win it and two reckon it will go to Jenson Button.

Hamilton also led the 'Gnarliest Driver' category ahead of Alonso and Schumacher while Monaco was voted the 'Most Dangerous Track' ahead of Suzuka, Singapore and Montreal.

As for the 'Most Beautiful Woman In F1', TF1 reporter Marion Jollès clinched that title ahead of Hamilton's girlfriend, Nicole Scherzinger, while at least one of his rivals reckon Nico Rosberg deserves this honour.

Fan quotes:
"Schumacher 1st and Prost 2nd best of all time."

"The best active driver is Kubica and its been like that for 4 years now."

"Best driver of all time: Kimi raikkonen. Best active driver: Kubica; Most luckiest driver of all time: Button; Most undeserving champ of all time: Button; Most cunning driver: Alonso; Most Hyped driver: Schumacher; Most immature driver: Hamilton(Vettel slowly taking the crown); Most annoying person on camera: Hamilton's dad; Most gutsy driver: Montoya; Most stupid driver: Ralf schumacher; Most passed driver: Trulli; Most lapped driver: Badoer; Most sentimental driver: Barrichello; 'Diamond in the rough' driver: Nico rosberg; Most loved driver: Hakkinen; Most entertaining new act: Kobayashi; Best supporting act: barrichello(2000-2005). "

HOLY SHIT STFU AND GO PLEASURE YOUR WIFE OR SOMETHING!!!!!

/rant

#2 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

most UNDESERVING champ of all is Button? WTF. I can think of a few others that fit that description better than Button...Best Active Driver...Kubica? WTF again. Kimi is not the best driver of all time. People on crack.

#3 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

most UNDESERVING champ of all is Button? WTF. I can think of a few others that fit that description better than Button...Best Active Driver...Kubica? WTF again. Kimi is not the best driver of all time. People on crack.

Imma go out on a limb here and say most undeserving champ is Jacques Villeneuve. Had easily the best car on the grid in '96 and '97 and was pretty average for the rest of his F1 career. Damon Hill was given the boot to Arrows in '97 and HHF was never a threat to challenge Villeneuve anyways, otherwise J Villy would never have been champ.

If Lewis never wins his 2nd he'd be right up there too.

#4 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:43 PM

Agreed...2008 was more of 2 guys (well, 1 guy and massa's pit crew) trying to give the championship away, not trying to win it.

#5 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:18 AM

Button is hardly the most undeserving champ, he spent years in an under performing Honda and even stuck around for a huge pay cut when they became Brawn.

#6 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

Button is hardly the most undeserving champ, he spent years in an under performing Honda and even stuck around for a huge pay cut when they became Brawn.

I think people were voting in regards to talent, not character.

#7 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:49 AM

Lewis went head to head with Alonso, and to this day puts in strong performances at pretty much every race.

Hell, look at him last year against Hekki in the underperforming McLaren, yet he still brought home wins to Woking and outperformed his teammate and his car. Even if you don't like the guy, you're going to have a hard time getting people to agree that he's not talented behind the wheel.

#8 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:54 AM

I think people were voting in regards to talent, not character.

Button's run in the McLaren is showing that he's just as good as Lewis, although perhaps in a different way.

Last year in the Brawn, Jenson regularly outpaced his teammate (the well-respected Rubens Barichello, who's now flattering the Williams against his highly-anticipated teammate Hulkenberg), and this year he pulled two wins before Lewis could manage one. Granted they were more on strategy than raw pace, but the long-game is proving to be Jenson's real strength. Being easy on tires, aggressive when need be (and opportunity presents itself, like his pass on Alonso in Canada), but always seemingly able to pull out fast laps or close gaps at-will. Not as flashy, but hardly being left behind by the front runners on race day (now if he can just get his qualifying pace stepped up...).

He's the Prost to Lewis' Senna (which is appropriate, given each of their respective F1 heroes).

#9 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:27 AM

as much as a Kimi fan as i am, he's not the best driver...
that person is seriously smoking some good shit...

#10 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:52 AM

I agree w/ Nacho.

Lewis is FAST. And he knows how to make a pass. As much as I hate to say that b/c I'm still not sold on him, he's proving that he's def. one of the best, regardless of the car. Button is fast, not as fast as Lewis but smarter - he's probably the better overall package if not for his lack of speed during quali. Alonso is a good overall package as well, but he def. hasn't been proving his worth this year with all his mistakes, tho the team's mistake doesn't help either.

JV is probably the most over-rated driver of all time. He never produced a good season after his 1 WDC; he wasn't even close, unlike Lewis who's always got his nose into things.

#11 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:26 AM

Most overrated undeserving is by far without .0000001 % of a doubt JV, Senna is definitely the best, as much as I hate to say it Hammy is the best current driver, but I think in a couple more years once he's settled down a bit Vettel will be...

#12 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

I still dont think Senna is the best of all time... I've never been sold on him and I probably never will.

My vote for best of all time goes to Fangio, he was the reason why there are F1 greats, and he won his titles with so many different team. Granted it was a different time and different style of racing back then, he's still the grandaddy of F1 Champs.

#13 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:52 AM

I still dont think Senna is the best of all time... I've never been sold on him and I probably never will.

My vote for best of all time goes to Fangio, he was the reason why there are F1 greats, and he won his titles with so many different team. Granted it was a different time and different style of racing back then, he's still the grandaddy of F1 Champs.

good point, and there's really something to say about having 5 more WDCs than cars with seatbelts.

#14 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

At least we all agree Jacques was undeserving :madfawk:

The only reason I nominated Lewis up there as "undeserving" is that he's never ever had an excuse NOT to win. He's been in a championship contending car every single season of his career. Hence the added stipulation that he needs to win another WDC to prove he's deserving.

#15 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

The only reason I nominated Lewis up there as "undeserving" is that he's never ever had an excuse NOT to win. He's been in a championship contending car every single season of his career. Hence the added stipulation that he needs to win another WDC to prove he's deserving.

Last year's McLaren was hardly a championship contender at the start of the season.

#16 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

I completely agree. For most drivers, winning 1 championship is a feat. But for Lewis, he really needs to at least 2 just because he will probably have a competitive car capable of winning the championship for his entire career (sans last yr of course). No one doubts he's got talent behind the wheels, but when he's had a championship winning car served to him on a silver platter he really should do more. Having said that, I don't doubt that he will win another one, it's just a matter of time really.

as for Jacques.... let's put it this way, even Sir Frank or Patrick Head could have won a champion in that Williams.

#17 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

People always seem to forget about Fangio.

For a guy to win that much and just live through that many seasons in the time that he raced showed a HUGE well of talent. He could reportedly go significantly faster than his already impressive pace seemingly at will, but usually held back so that he wasn't killed in a massive accident, like most of his competitors were.

#18 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

People always seem to forget about Fangio.

For a guy to win that much and just live through that many seasons in the time that he raced showed a HUGE well of talent. He could reportedly go significantly faster than his already impressive pace seemingly at will, but usually held back so that he wasn't killed in a massive accident, like most of his competitors were.

Doesn't help his case that most people have never seen a race with Fangio in it. At most, a few clips of him going a corner or two, but not a whole race. I sure as hell have never seen an entire race with him in it. But I'm not going to doubt that he was one of the best of all time simply based on the results he was able to achieve.

#19 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:54 PM

Doesn't help his case that most people have never seen a race with Fangio in it. At most, a few clips of him going a corner or two, but not a whole race. I sure as hell have never seen an entire race with him in it. But I'm not going to doubt that he was one of the best of all time simply based on the results he was able to achieve.

:werd:

Very well put. I'd love to see an entire race of Fangio's...Oddly enough, there are no Argentinians in the sport now, which strikes me as odd, unlike the English, Brazillians, and the Germans. I think it has to do with what Kero says: we just don't have any media on him, while Senna's death is still relatively close to most people who watch the sport these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users