909 replies to this topic

#76 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

red bull remains unreliable, mclaren finds the pace. Two things you can count on.

Unfortunatley a third is that Ferrari are just fast this year. :/

#77 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:04 PM

Do you guys still want race uploads this season?

#78 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

Do you guys still want race uploads this season?

speaking of which... what happened to Sky? Toyota pulled out and poof he's gone?

#79 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

speaking of which... what happened to Sky? Toyota pulled out and poof he's gone?

Jarno Trulli is still racing, I don't see why he'd bail on F1 completely.

#80 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

He's still mad that I hated on Trulli :mamoru:

#81 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image

#82 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

He's still mad that I hated on Trulli :bowdown:

:bowdown:

#83 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

:bowdown:

You're planning my death right now, aren't you? :bowdown:

#84 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:44 AM

http://planetf1.com/...lled-For-Change

Starting to dislike Alonso again.. :bowdown:

Fernando Alonso has accused his rivals of making "hot-headed comments" given the criticism that followed the season-opener in Bahrain.

The likes of Jenson Button, Michael Schumacher, Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber all spoke about the difficulty of overtaking after the race in Sakhir in light of the new regulations for this year.

A number of team principals such as McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh and Christian Horner at Red Bull Racing even suggested there should be two mandatory stops in a race to help spice up the show.

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, however, has suggested there is no need to panic, and that if problems continue, they will likely be addressed following the next three "flyaway" races in Australia, Malaysia and China.

Alonso, arguably from a position of strength given the victory on his debut for Ferrari, has also now waded into the debate.

"I think many of us gave some hot-headed comments immediately after the race in Bahrain," remarked the double world champion, who led a Ferrari one-two.

"It's true the race in Sakhir wasn't especially spectacular, although for us Ferraristi it was great and exciting.

"But it's too early to talk about changing the rules. We have to wait and see different races and check the situation, without being emotional.

"Something that confuses the fans is changing the rules all the time."

Alonso is refusing to get carried away by his success in Bahrain, in particular as the Red Bull was the class act of the field.

Sebastian Vettel was comfortably quickest in qualifying and in the race until a faulty spark plug robbed him of victory and relegated him to fourth.

Assessing this weekend's race in Melbourne, Alonso added: "The one-two in Sakhir has given us confidence.

"It was a great result for the hard work during the winter on the track and at the factory, but we can't take anything for granted.

"We have to keep our feet on the ground, keep calm and stay concentrated. In Melbourne we're starting from square one.

"Nothing has changed for me. There are four teams and eight drivers who can fight for victory, and we have to give it our all to stay ahead of everybody else."

#85 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:21 AM

Emo's right. If Australia blows then that may be cause for alarm as it's generally a consistently entertaining race.

#86 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:33 AM

David is just moody this week :bowdown:

#87 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:39 AM

:bowdown::bowdown:

David is just testy this week :bowdown:

#88 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:41 AM

http://planetf1.com/...lled-For-Change

Starting to dislike Alonso again.. :bowdown:

http://www.f1technic...3f1112bd973c37f

"I think that many of us have given some hot headed comments immediately after the race in Bahrain. It's true that the race in Sakhir wasn't especially spectacular – although for us Ferraristi it was great and exciting – but it's too early to talk about changing the rules. We have to wait and see different races and check the situation, without being emotional. Something that confuses the fans is changing the rules all the time."

Oh look PlanetF1 is full of shit again, how does 'many of us have given some hot headed comments' (quite possibly including himself) turn out to be him accusing other drivers?

#89 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:42 AM

Adrian Sutil believes his Force India team can fight to get into the top five at the Australian Grand Prix following a strong start to the season in Bahrain.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/82307

No not believing in yourself

#90 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:03 AM

http://www.f1technic...3f1112bd973c37f

Oh look PlanetF1 is full of shit again, how does 'many of us have given some hot headed comments' (quite possibly including himself) turn out to be him accusing other drivers?

totally didn't know PlanetF1 was like that - thanks for clarifying...

#91 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

Kovi had something to say...

Mar.17 (GMM) Heikki Kovalainen's proposal to help spice up the racing in formula one is to scrap blue flags, according to Lotus team boss Tony Fernandes.

In an interview with Bloomberg, the Malaysian entrepreneur said Kovalainen, the new team's Finnish driver, proposes that "lapped cars should not be blue flagged, which may allow time for trailing cars to catch up to the leaders".

Currently in F1, blue flags are waved when a lapped car needs to allow higher-placed cars to pass.

The issue of boring races has been high on the agenda in the wake of the 2010 season opener in Bahrain, the first GP since 1993 without refuelling pitstops.

"There are going to be boring bits in every sport," said Fernandes in an interview in Kuala Lumpur.

In fact, had Sebastian Vettel's Renault spark plug not let him down last Sunday, F1 could have staged a wheel to wheel battle for victory between the German and Fernando Alonso.

"I was getting some relaxed laps and was maybe waiting for the last ten laps to attack," Fernando Alonso confirmed to Italy's Autosprint magazine, "but then we were lucky with Vettel's problem."

Mark Webber was initially highly critical of the processional Bahrain race, but as he touched down in Melbourne this week he predicted there is "no way the next four races will go like Bahrain".

"I think there will be some other races this year that won't be like that," the Australian told local media.

"The fuelling thing is not such a big deal," added the 33-year-old. "The cars are so quick and that's what we like (and) the spectators love, but trying to get the balance of good racing is always difficult."

#92 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

Remember when we were all hating on Force India? Than they managed to get pole at Spa last year? And they're still in F1 right now...

I think I'm going to secretly cheer on Force India - I know for me, I was thinking they were a team of the moment, but they're looking more and more legit. Totally proved me wrong :) They're goal is 5th in points for this year....Go FI!

#93 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:31 PM

http://www.castroldriverrankings.com/
How many weeks until Jens starts tumbling down the ranking? I bet after this race if Vettel gets another top 3.

:) that Junior is still ranked 19th amongst F1 drivers...

#94 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

Posted Image

#95 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

:)

#96 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:03 AM

High Definition coverage of the World Championship will be available to fans of the sport for the new season.

MotoGP fans around the world will be able to view their favourite sport in the most incredible clarity in 2010, as the world's premier motorcycle championship will broadcast in full HD for the first time. Whilst much of the track action over the last year has already been filmed by High Definition cameras, this is the first time that viewers at home will be able to experience the crisp quality of HD when watching the MotoGP race action.

HD has become a standard now for top level sports, and MotoGP is no exception. However, covering up to six kilometres of track, seventeen race bikes, the pit garages and helicopter shots with HD cameras has required years of planning and preparation from series organiser Dorna Sports. The biggest challenge has been the on board cameras, and Dorna together with Gigawave are working to develop these extremely sophisticated cameras.

In 2010, RTL Club (Belgium), Eurosport (France), Sport TV (Portugal), Digisport (Hungary) and Viasat (Scandinavia) will all broadcast the MotoGP season in HD within Europe. The worldwide reach of MotoGP in HD will stretch as far as Speed TV (US), ESPN (Latin America), Globosat (Brazil), One HD (Australia), StarHub (Singapore), Sky (New Zealand), Al Jazeera (Middle East), ESPN Star Sports (Asia) and Supersport (Africa), with further HD broadcasters expected to come on board during the season.

"Working alongside the most recognised sports broadcasters worldwide and being one of the leading motorsports championships, we have a duty to stay abreast of all the emerging technologies which help us to capture the speed and adrenaline of MotoGP" said Manel Arroyo, Managing Director of Dorna.

MotoGP is seriously owning F1 lately...

#97 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:07 AM

MotoGP is seriously owning F1 lately...

The upscale on speed is quite nice, full HD would make me go buy a 1080p tv, so no complaints :)

#98 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:11 AM

Posted Image

Biatches get wet for The Jaw™

#99 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:13 AM

Remember when we were all hating on Force India? Than they managed to get pole at Spa last year? And they're still in F1 right now...

I think I'm going to secretly cheer on Force India - I know for me, I was thinking they were a team of the moment, but they're looking more and more legit. Totally proved me wrong :) They're goal is 5th in points for this year....Go FI!

They're on all of my PFF1 teams, IIRC.

I still like Liuzzi, for some reason.

#100 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:28 AM

I still like Liuzzi, for some reason.

for some reason i've always liked that guy, i have no idea why or any reason...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users