• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:06 AM

TOMORROW IS THE BMW ANNOUNCEMENT :hs:

BMW Sauber say they are ready to wait for former world champion Fernando Alonso to make his mind up about where he wants to drive next year - after reminding the Spaniard that they are the fastest team in Formula One with a seat still available.

Ferrari's decision to extend Kimi Raikkonen's contract until the end of 2010 has ended Alonso's hopes of racing for the Italian team in the next two years, and makes him more amenable to making a long-term commitment elsewhere.

Alonso has said that he wants to get back in a race-winning car next year and, with an exit clause in his Renault contract, Honda Racing and BMW Sauber are the main options for him if he decides to move on.

BMW motorsport director Mario Theissen had been previously thought to be reluctant to sign Alonso in the wake of the problems he endured at McLaren last year, but has hinted that the double world champion is now a factor in their driver plans for 2009.

"There are several people and a few teams who have to make a decision – it is just not necessarily a joint decision," said Theissen, when asked if he was waiting for Alonso.

"We are still evaluating the situation and it is apparent we are the strongest team now which has an open seat for next year, so we will see what happens."

Theissen said that the Raikkonen contract extension at Ferrari would have little impact in his plans, as he stated it was just "one piece in a big jigsaw, nothing more."

When asked by autosport.com if he was interested in Alonso in spite of what happened at McLaren, Theissen said: "I am interested in fast drivers generally, but I would prefer not to comment now on individual drivers because we are evaluating it and I would prefer to talk to you when we have a decision."

Theissen also rubbished wild rumours this week that BMW Sauber would make an announcement about their driver plans on Monday, stating that they could wait until the end of the season before deciding their 2009 line-up.

"We have delayed the decision and it will probably not happen until the end of this season," he said. "We want to have a decision by the end of the season. But you can stay in bed Monday morning, nothing will happen."

#52 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:07 AM

BMW 'ready to wait' Renault not testing KERS till January? tough choice :hs:

#53 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

BMW 'ready to wait' Renault not testing KERS till January? tough choice :hs:

yeah, but with pat symonds at renault, they could really vault up to the front too. it would be a tough choice for Alonso... i dont think i could take honda seriously anymore, but here is hoping they can do well next year too.

#54 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:29 AM

Anything is possible next year, but Renault seem to be lost at sea since 2007 :hs:

#55 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:34 AM

Anything is possible next year, but Renault seem to be lost at sea since 2007 :hs:

With next years rule changes, and Pat Symonds, I would not rule out Alonso staying at Renault...

#56 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

It's funny how publicly BMW has pretty much defenestrated Quick Nicks seat at their team while whoring themselves out for the highest bidder so to speak. I guess they are up front about it :wtc:

#57 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:59 AM

i hope nick stays at bmw. i really believe he's better than this year shows. same with kimi. it seems to be more down to the car than the driver.

although nick has a history of motivation problems i believe he's been past that since kubica joined the team. :o

the kimi question is up for debate i suppose :wtc:

#58 f1manoz

f1manoz

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:42 PM

Firstly, I hope Nick does stay at BMW. He's done absolutely nothing wrong really. Put the car on the podium four times (all second places!!!), scored a few other points positions. He's only four points behind Raikkonen AND is above Kovaleinen.

The only downside to Heidfeld this season is the fact Kubica took the team's first win and his qualifying has been abysmal at times, which has caused him a couple of very shitty results (France and Hungary.)

However, being that BMW appear to have a 'wait and see' approach, methinks that Alonso will be offered a seat for 2009. But if I was him, I wouldn't be so quick to rush off again to pastures new. Renault would have been preparing for 2009 for a long time now as they would have been waiting for the changes. They have a great technical team and should be on the ball with the new rules.

I also wonder if Alonso would really want to be paired with another quick peddler like Kubica. He's happy at Renault - clearly number one, surrounded by a team that does appear to worship him.

It fell apart at McLaren because he basically didn't feel 'loved'. Would it happen again at BMW?

#59 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:05 PM

It's funny how publicly BMW has pretty much defenestrated Quick Nicks seat at their team while whoring themselves out for the highest bidder so to speak. I guess they are up front about it :wtc:

Congratulations Sir for making me look up this word's meaning. In the future please refrain from using large words while browsing, thank you for your cooperation. :o

#60 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

I'm coming to grips to admit that the "family" nature of Ferrari is a perfect home for Alonso...
Where that leaves Kimi or Massa, I'm not sure, but attitude wise, I think Kimi would be a better fit for BMW...

it hurts to say that :wtc:

#61 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

Yep. Alonso at BMW would be a really tough fit for him - b/c Kubica will *not* play 2nd fiddle to Alonso (even tho they are good friends). Fact remains that it's going to be either Kubica OR Alonso at BMW.

Ideally, I think Alonso deep down wants to be with Ferrari. MS has built that Ferrari family, and a large part of that philosphy still remains me thinks. That's why they support Kimi & Massa hugely when they are getting hammered in the media for their performance...unlike BMW who has openly said that Heidfeld needs to step up his game.

I think Alonso's options would be Honda or Renault. And the only reason I say Honda is b/c Brawn is there, and he knows how to build a team with a WDC driver...

It'd be like the old Ferrari days when MS left Benneton for Ferrari when he only had 2 WDCs...Talk about history repeating itself, huh?

Firstly, I hope Nick does stay at BMW. He's done absolutely nothing wrong really. Put the car on the podium four times (all second places!!!), scored a few other points positions. He's only four points behind Raikkonen AND is above Kovaleinen.

The only downside to Heidfeld this season is the fact Kubica took the team's first win and his qualifying
has been abysmal at times, which has caused him a couple of very shitty results (France and Hungary.)

However, being that BMW appear to have a 'wait and see' approach, methinks that Alonso will be offered a seat for 2009. But if I was him, I wouldn't be so quick to rush off again to pastures new. Renault would have been preparing for 2009 for a long time now as they would have been waiting for the changes. They have a great technical team and should be on the ball with the new rules.

I also wonder if Alonso would really want to be paired with another quick peddler like Kubica. He's happy at Renault - clearly number one, surrounded by a team that does appear to worship him.

It fell apart at McLaren because he basically didn't feel 'loved'. Would it happen again at BMW?

#62 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

edit: wrong thread lol

#63 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:20 PM

I'm coming to grips to admit that the "family" nature of Ferrari is a perfect home for Alonso...
Where that leaves Kimi or Massa, I'm not sure, but attitude wise, I think Kimi would be a better fit for BMW...

it hurts to say that :eek3:

alonso is definitely more of a schumi l robot than kimi...and by that I mean not really having too much of a life outside of f1. He hasn't been schumi-like at all in his shit talking about his team, talking about future moves, but who knows, maybe that'd change if he got to the scuderia.

#64 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:30 AM

Flav: It wouldn't be treason if Alonso left
Friday 19th September 2008

Flavio Briatore has downplayed the effect losing Fernando Alonso would have on Renault, saying it wouldn't be "treason" if he opted to leave.

As it was this time last season Alonso's future is the topic of hot debate with at least three teams, Renault, Honda and BMW, are reportedly seeking his signature.

Which of three will succeed, though, is anyone's guess as while BMW have the best chance of offering Alonso's race wins, Renault are thought to putting together the best financial offer.

However, should the Anglo/French squad lose their double World Champion, Briatore says they will survive, although he does concede that Alonso brings something special to the team.

"I don't know what the future is going to bring, and will have to see how the season works out, but, if Fernando isn't with us next year, it won't be treason," the Italian told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"Renault should take a step forward with Fernando who, this year, has done great work. We are not a McLaren or Ferrari but, after them, our car is the fastest thanks to the fact that Fernando is again a leader.

"Everything that we do, we do it for him; we are transparent with Fernando and will continue to be.

"He is the reason why the car has improved from the start of the year, and especially since the race in Barcelona, thanks to the motivation that he has given to everyone."

not sure what to make of this

#65 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

Flav: It wouldn't be treason if Alonso left
Friday 19th September 2008

Flavio Briatore has downplayed the effect losing Fernando Alonso would have on Renault, saying it wouldn't be "treason" if he opted to leave.

As it was this time last season Alonso's future is the topic of hot debate with at least three teams, Renault, Honda and BMW, are reportedly seeking his signature.

Which of three will succeed, though, is anyone's guess as while BMW have the best chance of offering Alonso's race wins, Renault are thought to putting together the best financial offer.

However, should the Anglo/French squad lose their double World Champion, Briatore says they will survive, although he does concede that Alonso brings something special to the team.

"I don't know what the future is going to bring, and will have to see how the season works out, but, if Fernando isn't with us next year, it won't be treason," the Italian told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"Renault should take a step forward with Fernando who, this year, has done great work. We are not a McLaren or Ferrari but, after them, our car is the fastest thanks to the fact that Fernando is again a leader.

"Everything that we do, we do it for him; we are transparent with Fernando and will continue to be.

"He is the reason why the car has improved from the start of the year, and especially since the race in Barcelona, thanks to the motivation that he has given to everyone."

not sure what to make of this

briatore leaves.... then alonso. since he already said this, no one can be mad at him now.

just a guess?

#66 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:34 PM

:bowdown: :rofl: :biggthumb:

Sep.19 (GMM) Fernando Alonso has decided against switching to BMW-Sauber or Honda for the 2009 season, according to the Spanish daily newspaper AS.

The sports newspaper claims the 27-year-old Spaniard believes Renault, his current team, is likely to catch up with and pass BMW due to the sweeping rules changes next year.

Diario AS also said Alonso was reluctant to agree to BMW's contractual terms, where he would be bound to a multiple-year term rather than free - as he currently is - to accept a more competitive seat at the end of a season.

The newspaper said BMW finalised its offer to Alonso earlier this week, but that the former double world champion also turned down Honda's bid, on the grounds that the Japanese team is not likely to be competitive as early as 2009.

"Of course I have to look around at the possibilities for next year that exist outside of Renault," Alonso said in interview with Germany's Sport Bild.

"My priority is Renault, but only if we make a big step forwards with the 2009 car."

He confirmed that he has "three or four" options open to him for 2009, and that it is "no secret" that he has been in talks with Honda's team boss Ross Brawn.

http://formula-1.upd...ault-/view.html

#67 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:41 AM

:bowdown: :rofl: :biggthumb:

http://formula-1.upd...ault-/view.html

:rofl:

#68 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:11 AM

according to the Spanish daily newspaper AS.

:bowdown:

#69 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:34 AM

Scuderia toro alonso :bowdown:

#70 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:49 AM

Alonso Motor Works

#71 Robert

Robert

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

Alonso Motor Works

:bowdown: Take it back.

#72 Alicante

Alicante

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Suck my fucking balls mclaren

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:56 PM

Oh well, another season of fighting to get into Q3 :cool:

#73 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

Oh well, another season of fighting to get into Q3 :cool:

between KERS and the new aero rules, who knows, renault could comeback strong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users