5 replies to this topic

#1 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

So I'm still planning on going to the Austin race this year, and as I've never bought F1 tickets before, wondering where the best place to get them is... with MotoGP, I just went to Laguna's site and got my tickets there...
My options so far for F1 tickets seem to be
- Formula1.com
- CotA track website
- gptours.com

So what do the experts know?

#2 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

I go straight thru the track...F1 doesn't get a lot of traction though, if you wait a little bit...they will pass deals out to different places of employment that I usually pick up on through my network that I can pass over. Won't happen until the summer when COTA gets desperate though.

#3 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

No rush to get the ticket anytime soon, I have until November really... so any deals you can get I'll take :)
Just looking for a good grandstand seat and 3 day pass...

Speaking of grandstand seats... what are good sitting options for CotA?

#4 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

No rush to get the ticket anytime soon, I have until November really... so any deals you can get I'll take :)
Just looking for a good grandstand seat and 3 day pass...

Speaking of grandstand seats... what are good sitting options for CotA?

The deal I got last year was GA for 3 days only. Funny enough, COTA lost my GA ticket at Will Call...I asked if I could get Parking Lot A as compensation for losing my ticket. They came back and did 1 better...a free T12 Grandstand ticket! :bowdown: Amazing customer service...

I've sat in so many parts of COTA but no questions asked, T12 is the best seat in the house. Big braking zone from the longest straight followed by the mickey mouse section before the Turkey double apex corner...tons of action, sights, noises.

T1 is good, T5 is pretty good, main grandstand is boring (except for the noise/speed), T2/T3/T4 is pretty awesome...you can really see the greatness that is an F1 car in action T2 corner as it goes away from you into T3/T4 but there's not a lot of action there.

This year, I'll probably work my hardest for a T12 ticket for race day and GA for the prior 2 days.

#5 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

This year, I'll probably work my hardest for a T12 ticket for race day and GA for the prior 2 days.

Keep me in the loop for this one? :x:
Mini-meat?

So far I have my hotel booked for Friday-Sunday... I'll probably take a red eye Thursday night or a really early flight Friday morning and miss FP1...

#6 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

I got an email; previous ticket purchasers can get tickets TWO day early (tuesday, not thursday. @ 10 central).

Might get turn 9 again, instead of 12. You can see all of 12 and 11 from 9, as well as the end of the esses and the downhill kinks (turn 9/10)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users