682 replies to this topic

#651 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

I was about to say, who let the Honda designer into McLaren?

He hid in Jenson's luggage.

#652 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:12 AM

#653 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:05 PM

Vettel to Ferrari 2015 :run:

#654 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

Vettel to Ferrari 2015 :run:

They should be trying to shuffle Alonso and his 6 chips into retirement by then :mamoru:

#655 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

Posted Image

#656 MrBucket

MrBucket

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

Williams doesnt look too thrilled by what he sees.

#657 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

They should be trying to shuffle Alonso and his 6 chips into retirement by then :mamoru:

He better not get 1 more chip let alone 4...

#658 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:41 AM

He better not get 1 more chip let alone 4...

I sense disappointment in your future.

#659 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

there is an awesome video on Mclarens website that shows Ayrton's first runs in an F1 car; mclaren, williams and toleman

I hope KK podiums or lucks into a win this year. would be awesome for Japan :hs:

#660 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:24 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-12745608

Likelihood of Bahrain hosting a race this season: Pretty fucking low.

#661 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/43275.html

Didn't care too much about him as Ferrari's Team Manager, but I love him as President of the FIA :bowdown: The fact that you don't hear from him is nice too, since he's not a drama queen like Mosely was!

Todt gives backing to Australian Grand PrixMarch 15, 2011 « Jean Todt: 'I think it is important to have one race in Australia'

Jean Todt FIA president Jean Todt has said Formula One should not lose the Australian Grand Prix, putting him at odds with Bernie Ecclestone who recently said the sport "does not need" Australia.

Todt's comments come against the backdrop of local debate about the cost of the annual Albert Park event to the local economy.

While in Melbourne for a road safety campaign one week before the F1 circus arrives, Todt said: "Formula One … is a sport and it is important, and if formula one does exist I think it is important to have one race in Australia because Australia is among the biggest nations in the world.

"Australia has been doing a great job together with people from [motor racing federation] CAMS. They have put Australia among the best grands prix in the season.

"Melbourne is a sensational venue with nice people, and when I arrived yesterday, I was thinking how good Melbourne is for Formula One."

#662 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

there is an awesome video on Mclarens website that shows Ayrton's first runs in an F1 car; mclaren, williams and toleman

I hope KK podiums or lucks into a win this year. would be awesome for Japan :hs:

Here's the video BTW:

#663 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

Here's the video BTW:

http://www.youtube.com/watcqHpX7Q

:coold:

#664 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

Jean Todt's personality is everything that mad max lacked.

thnx for taking the time to find/post that vid

#665 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:08 AM

Posted Image

weeeee 9 days to go

#666 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

Backmarkers who are overtaken by the race leader will be allowed to use the Drag Reduction System (adjustable rear wing) to un-lap themselves, Charlie Whiting has confirmed.

Whiting told F1 Fanatic: "Any lapped car within one second of a car which is a lap in front will still have the opportunity to use the DRS in the relevant part of the track, the proximity detection system will take no account of the number of laps each car has done.

"There are two reasons for this: a) the lapped car could in fact be a faster car which had an earlier problem; and b) if a car is "genuinely" one lap down it is very unlikely to be able to actually overtake anyway. Because of the first reason we have to live with the second."

Although some cars will likely be too slow to overtake others even with the DRS, it raises the potential for more 'un-lapping' to take place in 2011.

And lapped cars which are closer to the leader's pace may be able to use DRS to move ahead again, creating a fresh obstacle for the leaders.

#667 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

paradoxical, but it makes sense. You have to be able to unlap yourself using your car to the fullest. but the natural speed of the leading car should be enough to stay in front if it's truly a slower car. wing movement on the lapped car or not.

#668 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

I kinda doubt this is going to be a factor though. HRT could have a wizard that granted them 200 extra HP while trailing a lapping car by 1s, the thing still ain't gonna catch up.

#669 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:11 PM

Well said Bernie...

Bernie Ecclestone slams F1's future engine visionPublished: 17/03/11, 08:38PM

Comment
Like (6)TweetMore
Formula 1 ringmaster Bernie Ecclestone has slammed the FIA's push to introduce more economical turbocharged engines into the sport from 2013 and claims it will damage the world championship.

The next generation rules package will see the current V8 engines replaced with smaller four-cylinder turbos, as the FIA pushes to make the sport more environmentally friendly.

But Ecclestone believes this is absolutely the wrong direction for F1.

"I'm anti, anti, anti, anti moving into this small turbo four formula," he told the Australian Associated Press.

"We don't need it and if it's so important it's the sort of thing that should be in saloon car racing.

"The rest of it is basically PR - it's nothing in the world to do with Formula 1.

"These changes are going to be terribly costly to the sport.

"I'm sure the promoters will lose a big audience and I'm quite sure we'll lose TV."

The main thrust of Ecclestone's argument is that the new engines will be quieter - and he insists the noise of an F1 engine is crucial to the sport's appeal.

"I meet people worldwide in all different walks of life - sponsors, promoters and journalists and I think there are two things that are really important for Formula 1," he said.

"One is Ferrari and second is the noise.

"People love and get excited about the noise.

"People who have never been to a Formula 1 race, when they leave you ask them what [they liked] they say 'the noise'.

"I brought some Russian gentlemen to Singapore and I met them afterwards in Russia - it was the first race they'd ever been to and I said what was it that impressed you.

"I didn't even think about the noise and they said the most important thing was the noise - 'it's incredible, it really gets to you'.

"It's unbelievable that even more so the women, the ladies love the noise."

Ecclestone feels FIA president Jean Todt is taking the wrong approach as he oversees the development of the new rules.

"He's not a promoter and he's not selling Formula 1," said Bernie.

The F1 commercial chief added that he saw no reason for further green moves with KERS returning this year.

"We had the KERS system and this was supposed to solve the problem that Formula 1 is not green and now we've got something else," Ecclestone said.

#670 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

Well said Bernie...

Bernie is so senile that he's losing his senility :o

#671 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

As cool as the turbo era was, I tend to agree with the ugly little dwarf. The sound of an F1 car is a big part of the experience. It's one of the things my wife loves the most about the sport.

#672 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

Bernie is making somewhat of a valid point here...but (and it pains me to say so) Max had a point with trying to green the forumla a bit. What can be done to both promote efficiency research without neutering the engines?

#673 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:19 PM

What can be done to both promote efficiency research without neutering the engines?

paint earth on it and have rabbit ears on the front :mamoru:

#674 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

How to tell what compound tires are on the car this year
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/90008

IMO silver and white are too close together, we'll see in a week how clear the colors are at speed, all in glorious high definition :cool:

#675 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:46 AM

How to tell what compound tires are on the car this year
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/90008

IMO silver and white are too close together, we'll see in a week how clear the colors are at speed, all in glorious high definition :cool:

Silver and white will never be at the same GP though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users