Does being new to the top of sport make you an ass?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

the difference between the Kimi incident and lewis incident
Kimi = wet track + while racing + monaco + lost control
Lewis = dry track + limited speed in pit + 2 cars stopped + not paying attention to lights

If I'm leaving my pit box and I'm at the end of the pitlane, I would be looking in my mirrors, but McLaren were in the middle pit box, by that time, he should've been done looking at his mirrors and completely merged onto the pit lane. Also, Rosberg admitted himself he wasn't looking at the lights and he admitted fault and that he should be penalized.

I do agree 100% that the SC rule right now is horrible and they should have a "SC Rev/Speed" limit button, and I do agree that having the light at the end of the pitlane active during a race period is a bad idea, BUT it is there for a reason, and as long as it's on, and as long as it's in the rules, people should be paying attention to it. Kimi didn't have a problem seeing it, Kubica didn't have a problem seeing it. How everyone else has a problem seeing it is beyond me.

the fact that everyone knows theres a light there and should pay attention to it (after it was really put into the spotlight after massa/fisi dsq last year) makes it 11ty times worse. its not like a red light popped out of nowhere and said "SURPRISE LEWIS!!"

#27 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

the fact that everyone knows theres a light there and should pay attention to it (after it was really put into the spotlight after massa/fisi dsq last year) makes it 11ty times worse. its not like a red light popped out of nowhere and said "SURPRISE LEWIS!!"

it's also on EVERY track... and they know it's there cause during practice and qualifying they line up at the light and wait...

#28 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:25 PM

I do agree 100% that the SC rule right now is horrible and they should have a "SC Rev/Speed" limit button, and I do agree that having the light at the end of the pitlane active during a race period is a bad idea, BUT it is there for a reason, and as long as it's on, and as long as it's in the rules, people should be paying attention to it. Kimi didn't have a problem seeing it, Kubica didn't have a problem seeing it. How everyone else has a problem seeing it is beyond me.

If Kimi and Cubicle didn't have a problem seeing it, why did they stack up next to each other instead of in line? Were they planning on drag racing down the pit exit?

That doesn't seem very safe either.

#29 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

it's also on EVERY track... and they know it's there cause during practice and qualifying they line up at the light and wait...

During practice and Quali, the red light is on before the session starts.

And they don't line up 2 abreast.

#30 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

During practice and Quali, the red light is on before the session starts.

And they don't line up 2 abreast.

they have before..

#31 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:20 AM

they have before..

Touche, salesman.

#32 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:59 AM

they have before..

:eek3:

That's intense!

#33 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:04 AM

If Kimi and Cubicle didn't have a problem seeing it, why did they stack up next to each other instead of in line? Were they planning on drag racing down the pit exit?

That doesn't seem very safe either.

like mentioned already, it does happen a couple times a season...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users