Schumacher's retirement (The real reason)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

Jul.15 (GMM) Nearly two years after announcing his retirement as a formula one driver, Michael Schumacher has cited his former teammate Felipe Massa as a primary reason for hanging up his racing helmet.

"I stopped because I didn't want my friend Felipe Massa to be unemployed," the Swiss newspaper Blick quotes the seven time world champion as saying.

"I would have had no problem going up against Kimi Raikkonen," German Schumacher, 39, adds, refuting the common claim that he objected to having the Finn as his 2007 teammate.

Massa and Raikkonen, currently equal on points along with Lewis Hamilton in the 2008 championship standings, make up Ferrari's current race lineup.

WTF..... :noes:

Some of you will no doubt be in rage over this. But really, why has Michael come out and said this now?

#2 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

WTF..... :run:

Some of you will no doubt be in rage over this. But really, why has Michael come out and said this now?

Because he regrets giving up his career for a no-talent fagtron, so he's setting the stage for his return. :noes:

#3 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:11 AM

WTF..... :run:

Maybe he's just tired of the rumors that are saying he's scared of KR challenging him in equal cars. I'd say the same thing if people questioned my 7 WDCs against a drunk Finn :noes:

#4 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:19 AM

Maybe he's just tired of the rumors that are saying he's scared of KR challenging him in equal cars. I'd say the same thing if people questioned my 7 WDCs against a drunk Finn :mamoru:

Press: You can't hang with Kimi in an equal car. :bowdown:
Schumi: :noes: :ugh: :run:

#5 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:58 AM

:run::noes::bowdown:

I'd love to see Kimi and Schumi go Head to Head!!!!!!!11111111one

#6 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:39 AM

Because he regrets giving up his career for a no-talent fagtron, so he's setting the stage for his return. :noes:

What Schumi - Alonso?

#7 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:57 AM

Didn't he say this like just after the Monza press conference? Everyone knew Kimi was coming and Felipe was on the outer (as well as Todt). If Massa can keep up with Kimi in the same car after all his errors, Schumi would be mauling him.

#8 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

Yeah this doesn't seem to be new :noes:

#9 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:15 AM

Not new but Im sure didnt do Massa's confidence any favours

#10 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

Not new but Im sure didnt do Massa's confidence any favours

ya really. what a great friend that schumi is. :noes:

#11 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

Didn't he say this like just after the Monza press conference? Everyone knew Kimi was coming and Felipe was on the outer (as well as Todt). If Massa can keep up with Kimi in the same car after all his errors, Schumi would be mauling him.

Massa was also keeping up with Schumi in the other car...he won a few races that Schumi was expected to dominate. Schumi, I think, was getting slower....by just a touch. Just a touch is enough for FA to win those WDCs.

#12 Alicante

Alicante

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Suck my fucking balls mclaren

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

So Massa is a nice guy but he sucks at driving?

#13 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

Massa was also keeping up with Schumi in the other car...he won a few races that Schumi was expected to dominate. Schumi, I think, was getting slower....by just a touch. Just a touch is enough for FA to win those WDCs.

"that one wdc", ferrari was no where in '05.

Even though KR is as quick as anyone IMHO, over the season I have a feeling he would've kicked the shit out of black jesus in '07 though..no massa help needed.

#14 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:21 AM

"that one wdc", ferrari was no where in '05.

Even though KR is as quick as anyone IMHO, over the season I have a feeling he would've kicked the shit out of black jesus in '07 though..no massa help needed.

The fact he barely won, with teammate support, while LH and FA were fighting each other for every inch of race track says alot. :mamoru:

#15 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:55 AM

The fact he barely won, with teammate support, while LH and FA were fighting each other for every inch of race track says alot. :squint:

if massa wins the WDC this yr then he and kimi will be considered pretty much on par with each other. But I get the feeling that massa just doesn't have the constant edge on kimi. No doubt he can bring the heat on, but over the course of a full season, he just lacks that little bit of kimi's vodka powerd madness

#16 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:12 AM

if massa wins the WDC this yr then he and kimi will be considered pretty much on par with each other. But I get the feeling that massa just doesn't have the constant edge on kimi. No doubt he can bring the heat on, but over the course of a full season, he just lacks that little bit of kimi's vodka powerd madness

Could be me making it up, but it seems that since Kimi won the WDC, some of his fight is gone.

#17 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

Could be me making it up, but it seems that since Kimi won the WDC, some of his fight is gone.

Me and my buddy have said the same thing, his intensity and drive just doesn't seem to be there as much...When he was in the McLaren, he fought tooth and nails, but now his driving says "eh"

#18 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:30 AM

Me and my buddy have said the same thing, his intensity and drive just doesn't seem to be there as much...When he was in the McLaren, he fought tooth and nails, but now his driving says "eh"

well you could say the same thing about him in the early half of last yr. He really didn't make a push for teh WDC till Magny-cours, but after teh win there he was like his old self

#19 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:44 AM

if kimi wins this weekend his confidence will make him unbeatable to the rest of the season.

Germany = kimi kryptonite (or rehab?)

#20 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:10 AM

well you could say the same thing about him in the early half of last yr. He really didn't make a push for teh WDC till Magny-cours, but after teh win there he was like his old self

With his lack of comments about his future in F1 and rumors saying that he's out of F1 by 2010, i really think it's hard for him to maintain his momentum. Seriously, Massa is challenging for the WDC. By every merit, KR is a faster driver. But Massa is a helluva fighter, and he's pushing KR pretty hard. I guess we'll see at the end...

edit: Holy shit. I just hit Formula 1 status! :wtf: I post too much :werd:

#21 tefnut

tefnut

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:56 AM

meh not sure how much I buy all this fluctuating motivation and drive and edge stuff

a lot of it is luck, beyond the driver's control, that determines how people/press view performances

like a few of kimi's past races, where he was wrecked by hamilton in one, and had his exhaust fall apart in another

if that hadn't happened, he'd be leading the WDC and everyone would be all "OMG he's a god"

same kind of stuff happens to every other driver out there as well, luck up and down

the press just go nuts with this stuff since they've got to sell papers

#22 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

meh not sure how much I buy all this fluctuating motivation and drive and edge stuff

a lot of it is luck, beyond the driver's control, that determines how people/press view performances

like a few of kimi's past races, where he was wrecked by hamilton in one, and had his exhaust fall apart in another

if that hadn't happened, he'd be leading the WDC and everyone would be all "OMG he's a god"

same kind of stuff happens to every other driver out there as well, luck up and down

the press just go nuts with this stuff since they've got to sell papers

True, but on day when there isn't a mechanical problem he's just not pushing it as hard as we know he can, like say Japan 05...sometimes he just looks downright unspectacular (monaco 08).

#23 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

With his lack of comments about his future in F1 and rumors saying that he's out of F1 by 2010, i really think it's hard for him to maintain his momentum. Seriously, Massa is challenging for the WDC. By every merit, KR is a faster driver. But Massa is a helluva fighter, and he's pushing KR pretty hard. I guess we'll see at the end...

edit: Holy shit. I just hit Formula 1 status! :o I post too much :hs:

:noes:

#24 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

i find massa's style to be very aggressive, much more then kimi's on the tires, while this may work for qualifying his race pace tends to drop off, and in slightly worse conditions his aggressive style just results in moments like silverstones rofl coptor. if he can calm down and possibly grow some hair he can win the championship and i'd have no problem supporting him, but until he does and spinorama continues i won't cheer for him over kimi raikkonen or heikki, or kubica, or well button.

#25 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

You forgot Alonso :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users