F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

Citroen could quit WRC for DTM
Subaru warn against 2WD future

so that leaves Ford?

I'll agree, going to 2wd is a horrible idea, and there is 0 promotion on wrc anymore... haven't had it in the states in 2-3 years now, and when we did, it was a 30 minute recap of the weekend...
WRC has declined over the years, this just seems like the end...

#2 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

Citroen could quit WRC for DTM
Subaru warn against 2WD future

so that leaves Ford?

I'll agree, going to 2wd is a horrible idea, and there is 0 promotion on wrc anymore... haven't had it in the states in 2-3 years now, and when we did, it was a 30 minute recap of the weekend...
WRC has declined over the years, this just seems like the end...

Pretty damn sad...for awhile there in the early 00's rally was making pretty good strides in America. I mean, not as prolific as NASCAR by any stretch of the imagination, but it's really on a steep decline now.

WRC drivers to NASCAR in 2011 :madfawk:

#3 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:54 PM

Pretty damn sad...for awhile there in the early 00's rally was making pretty good strides in America. I mean, not as prolific as NASCAR by any stretch of the imagination, but it's really on a steep decline now.

WRC drivers to NASCAR in 2011 :wavey:

:madfawk: I totally remember having a few (9 or 12 anyway) beers and zoning out to WRC with roommates.

And then speed killed it, wtf...it's not it could've cost them that much to rebroadcast.

#4 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

:wavey: I totally remember having a few (9 or 12 anyway) beers and zoning out to WRC with roommates.

And then speed killed it, wtf...it's not it could've cost them that much to rebroadcast.

Seroiusly. I'd much rather do without some of those stupid shows on there like the bling bling builds, the drag racing quiz show (sorry Yonson :madfawk: ) and whatever else crap they put on there. I want racing. And I don't mind that they put NASCAR on there -- but dial it back!!

#5 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:10 PM

Seroiusly. I'd much rather do without some of those stupid shows on there like the bling bling builds, the drag racing quiz show (sorry Yonson :madfawk: ) and whatever else crap they put on there. I want racing. And I don't mind that they put NASCAR on there -- but dial it back!!

well they really dont need 4 hours of pre race and 4 hours of post race and 2 hours before and after qualifying or whatever they do for nascar/busch/craftsman trucks/ARCA whatever other NASCAR feeder series happens to be racing on the day... there is seriously enough motorsports around the world that the speed channel could be running just racing (no reruns) for 60-70% of airtime and not wasting time on hours and hours of useless speculation commentary, then fill the remaining time with their bs reality show crap..

#6 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:03 PM

Sucks for Cucicle

Kubica wants a future in rallying
Friday 2nd May 2008

Robert Kubica has revealed that he may leave F1 for rallying in the future but not before he has "achieve something in F1."

And the Polish driver is well on his way towards doing that.

He almost claimed his first race win in Malaysia earlier this season but had to settle for second place behind a rampant Kimi Raikkonen. One race weekend later the 23-year-old clinched his maiden pole position after edging out Felipe Massa in qualifying in Bahrain.

Kubica now finds himself third in the Drivers' standings, ten points behind Championship leader Raikkonen. But while he dreams of winning the F1 World title, the BMW driver also dreams of a future in rallying.

"I think there's a good possibility (of moving into rallying one day) but there are two ways to do rallying," he told Reuters.

"If I want to do rally properly as a serious driver, I cannot wait a long time. But first of all I would like to have fun in Formula One and achieve something in Formula One.

"The second option is when I stop Formula One, just to do rallying for fun. And I think the second option is more possible."

Kubica in fact revealed that his rise up the ladder to F1 almost came to a halt when he was offered a chance to switching to rallying. "There was one moment when I was quite down after one season and I had two offers to go to rallying," he recalled.

"But I said I would try another year and see, because my parents and everybody had made a lot of sacrifices to achieve something in motor racing and in single seaters. I knew the rally possibilities would still be there in a few years' time."

Kubica admitted that one of the factors in rallying that appeals to him is the fact that the fans get so much closer to the action than they do in F1.

"I like to watch rallies. Every time I go, I park the car where the fans park - I don't have any special tickets or permission to go - and I walk six kilometres," he said.

"The night before, I go through some stages to see where are the good points and how to get to them. I like the system of rallying and once you find a good place, you go there and feel closer to the rally.

"Sometimes in Formula One the fans are too far away from what is going on on the track."

#7 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:42 PM

there is seriously enough motorsports around the world that the speed channel could be running just racing (no reruns) for 60-70% of airtime

DTM, WTCC, more MotoGP coverage besides JUST the race, WRC, A1GP, LeMans, V8 Supercars..........
list keeps going and going....

*sigh*

#8 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:10 AM

Does Fox own Speed?

#9 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:38 PM

well they really dont need 4 hours of pre race and 4 hours of post race and 2 hours before and after qualifying or whatever they do for nascar/busch/craftsman trucks/ARCA whatever other NASCAR feeder series happens to be racing on the day... there is seriously enough motorsports around the world that the speed channel could be running just racing (no reruns) for 60-70% of airtime and not wasting time on hours and hours of useless speculation commentary, then fill the remaining time with their bs reality show crap..

but nascar is like the wwe of racing, a lot of drama and no competition. it's soap opera for people with no intelligence and no life

#10 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:44 PM

Does Fox own Speed?

yes :eek3:

#11 f1manoz

f1manoz

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

WRC has been going downhill for a while as the reason's behind the whole series have disappeared over time.

Given that Formula One is seen as the pinnacle and that every manufacturer wants to join that circus, that leaves little money open for other series like the WRC, where only Ford, Subaru and Citroen have really been competing recently.

Many other manufacturers - as recent as Peugeot and Mitsubishi - have disappeared, while smaller concerns - like Skoda and Hyundai - left because they were just not competitive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users