#2 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

What happened to Spies?! :wtc:

Not sure why Hayden beat Rossi...that was crazy. I bet the Italian press is having a field day on Rossi right now, since he was the one that wanted the aluminum chassis underneath him. But Hayden beating him too?

Casey is fucking fast...

#3 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

What happened to Spies?! :wtc:

Not sure why Hayden beat Rossi...that was crazy. I bet the Italian press is having a field day on Rossi right now, since he was the one that wanted the aluminum chassis underneath him. But Hayden beating him too?

Spies: he crashed the bike twice and had no backup chasis, so something got tweaked and they couldn't fix it properly...

Rossi: after the race he flat out said he can't ride the ducati as is... like, unless there is a drastic change on the bike, like major drastic, the bike and his riding style won't match. Pretty much pulled a Malandri...
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98678

#4 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

What's this "chatter" issue I read so much about, is it some sort of rear tire hop, or some sort of resonance issue?

#5 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

What's this "chatter" issue I read so much about, is it some sort of rear tire hop, or some sort of resonance issue?

basically tire hop...
apparently the electronics on the factory bikes are too "agreesive", the satellite bikes don't have chatter issue and the electronics are about few revisions older than the factory guys...

#6 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

basically tire hop...
apparently the electronics on the factory bikes are too "agreesive", the satellite bikes don't have chatter issue and the electronics are about few revisions older than the factory guys...

I thought it was the front end that chatters...how's the electronics control that?

#7 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

I thought it was the front end that chatters...how's the electronics control that?

the brakes :o

when i got my suspension tuned, the shop that did it was refurbishing some WSBK spec suspension and brakes, the guy was showing me some of the sensors on there, and it was like 18 different sensors just for brake pressure measurement...

and from Stoner

"We got rid of a load of the front-end chatter earlier in the day but during the race it got worse and worse, and that was because I wasn't able to be on the brakes long enough, unloading the front earlier, getting on to the edge of the tyre earlier and then it would just chatter.....

The factory Hondas are both afflicted by debilitating chatter. Casey Stoner is sure it is due to the way the electronics are working.... Bradl has no chatter problems at all, adding weight to Casey's assertion that it is the latest electronics that is to blame for his problems.

#8 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

:rofl:

#9 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

@24 seconds... the famous "chatter" can be seen trying to shake Ben's bike apart :eek3:

#10 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

@24 seconds... the famous "chatter" can be seen trying to shake Ben's bike apart :eek3:

That looks like something at the rear :dunno:

#11 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Wait...so the electronics control the brakes? Like ABS? I'm even more at a loss now...

#12 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:03 AM

Another Stoner victory...so F1 is now more fun to watch than MotoGP. WTF???

#13 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Another Stoner victory...so F1 is now more fun to watch than MotoGP. WTF???

not just a stoner victory, but nothing happened from lap 2 on.... complete shit race
this season is going to be the lorenzo/stoner/pedro show... with stoner and lorenzo fighting for the top step...

#14 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

ANDDDDDDDDDDD.....Casey Retires...Honestly, I'm not surprised...he has seemed really bored about the entire thing.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99658

"There are a lot of things that have disappointed me, and also a lot of things I have loved about this sport, but unfortunately the balance has gone in the wrong direction. And so, basically, we won't be continuing any more."

#15 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

holy shit... i was not expecting at all all... he is at his absolute best right now...

#16 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

holy shit... i was not expecting at all all... he is at his absolute best right now...

really? Rumors always start from somewhere, and there was no real reason for rumors of Casey's retirement to have come up at all. So I guess that's why I'm not shocked...and in the races, he really didn't seem like he cared much. Get out front, lead from front, win. I told Kngrsll via text that Casey reminds me of Kimi in a way. Natural talent, but not really much for MotoGP's non-sense.

#17 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

pure theory at this point...
Lorenzo to Honda with Dani (Repsol wet dream)
Cal and Dovi to factory Yamaha
Spies and Bradley Smith to Tech3
Hayden and Rossi stay at Ducati

#18 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

wo

#19 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Yamaha would be fucking retarded right now off they didn't keep Lorenzo, Ben has been quite inconsistent, Cal is no guarantee and Dovi is not Allen level.

#20 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

*alien

#21 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

pure theory at this point...
Lorenzo to Honda with Dani (Repsol wet dream)
Cal and Dovi to factory Yamaha
Spies and Bradley Smith to Tech3
Hayden and Rossi stay at Ducati

Too massive of a change up in your line up.

There's no reason for Lorenzo to move to Honda. Just because you're the fast team today doesn't mean you're the fast team tomorrow.

Yamaha stays the same with Cal moving to Factory Yamaha. Spies goes back to Tec3 or to another team.

I can see Rossi moving to Honda again...he's really not happy at Ducati and he's def. not going to finish his career on a satellite bike. They make amends, say the past is the past, and Rossi wins/retires on a Honda.

#22 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, def seems Rossi would be the most desperate for a seat change.

#23 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Rossi isn't going anywhere... completely ignoring the whole Honda history thing, the most they can get out of Rossi is 2 years... and they are already lining up Marquez for a Repsol ride for 2014... no way they're going to get rid of Dani... Lorenzo is the only logical "alien" choice... Dani can't win the title, dude is fast, but not consistant enough over a season...

Ben either needs to get his shit together or start looking for another ride, Bradley Smith is already signed for Tech3 next year, so either Dovi or Cal are going to move up... Ben has less points than Rossi riding the same bike as the guy 1 point behind Stoner in the standings and a few places behind the satellite squad... that's not a good sign...

#24 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

So whoever Honda has lined up next will take the factory seat...but I feel like the only other "Alien" Rider on the market was posthumously Simioncelli. There isn't another "alien" rider available...and there have always been rumors of Rossi returning to Honda since the end of last year. Like I said, rumors start SOMEWHERE. Plus, Rossi getting 2 years on a Honda is a potential 2 more championships...I'd take that bet over any other rider currently. He's the only "Alien" without a seat if his performance at Ducati continues as is..

Ben will be gone unless he steps up his game. I really hope he does, I like him a lot. Dovi was already in a factory team and he moved into Tech3...I don't see him going to Yamaha, so it's going to be Cal.

#25 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Just watched the French GP, :bowdown: what a last few laps!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users