45 replies to this topic

#1 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

I'm not the guy's biggest fan, but seriously......

May 12 (GMM) Ferrari sporting director Luca Baldisserri has admitted to disappointment that the Italian team did not secure a one-two finish in the Turkish grand prix.

Although happy with Felipe Massa's Istanbul win, Baldisserri suggested that he would have liked to have seen the Brazilian driver prevent Lewis Hamilton - on a three-stop strategy - from overtaking him so easily on lap 23.

If Hamilton's progress had been slowed, Baldisserri believes Kimi Raikkonen would have managed to finish second.

"This victory is an excellent outcome, but I am not entirely happy, because if Felipe had kept Hamilton behind him for two laps moire then perhaps Kimi would have finished second," the Italian is quoted as saying by RAI.

26-year-old Massa, however, insists that Hamilton's light car made the Briton "very strong and I couldn't hold him".

Video replays of the pass show Massa defending the inside line as Hamilton set up his move, but in Ferrari's official post-race release, he is quoted as saying he did not take "too many risks" in his defence.

He said in a news conference: "I saw him on my inside and I thought 'okay, go, and we will see at the next stop how it is going to be'."

http://formula-1.upd...serri/view.html

#2 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

I'm not the guy's biggest fan, but seriously......

http://formula-1.upd...serri/view.html

The italian club are starting to tear apart everything built by schumi, todt, and ross. What a terrible way to manage a f1 team.

#3 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:48 PM

It is true though, Kimi would have easily been second if massa just cruised along and sped up when he needed to. It's Ferrari's fault for not enforcing it on Massa at the time.

#4 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:52 PM

Nobody should have balls enough to criticize massa's blocking or team driving after china '07.

#5 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

i think it's just bitterness because ferrari 1-2 was possible, they're just looking for a scape goat... poor guy...
anyone knows what those rumors concerning Massa are that the Speed guys were talking about?

#6 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:02 PM

i think it's just bitterness because ferrari 1-2 was possible, they're just looking for a scape goat... poor guy...
anyone knows what those rumors concerning Massa are that the Speed guys were talking about?

in hindsight they were on the wrong tire for most of the race (both the team and drivers have admitted to this), i think they need to accept the results and just be happy that they could even double podium on a day when their setup/strategy was shit.

#7 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

in hindsight they were on the wrong tire for most of the race (both the team and drivers have admitted to this), i think they need to accept the results and just be happy that they could even double podium on a day when their setup/strategy was shit.

Kimi was complaining most of the weekend, plus his gearbox failure on friday didn't help his on track time...

#8 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

Too bad for Massa. That's seriously un-cool on Ferrari's part. MS made it a stance never to blame anyone at Ferrari for problems -- it helped foster a 'family' team. Action's right, it's slowly starting to fall apart...I think after KR leaves, they'll need to find a leader driver or Ferrari faces a very rocky future.

#9 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

Too bad for Massa. That's seriously un-cool on Ferrari's part. MS made it a stance never to blame anyone at Ferrari for problems -- it helped foster a 'family' team. Action's right, it's slowly starting to fall apart...I think after KR leaves, they'll need to find a leader driver or Ferrari faces a very rocky future.

going by what you said then emo would be the worst candidate ever considering its never his fault.

#10 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

the departure of MS, Todt, and Brawn is going to hurt Ferrari in the long run sadly...
once KR leaves, i wonder if Ferrari will drop like Renault did when they lost Alonso...

#11 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

It is true though, Kimi would have easily been second if massa just cruised along and sped up when he needed to. It's Ferrari's fault for not enforcing it on Massa at the time.

How about blaming Kimi for not being fast enough to pass Hammy?

I know that's a shocking concept and all, to actually blame the person that got 3rd for not getting the 1-2, as opposed to the person who got 1st.

#12 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

the departure of MS, Todt, and Brawn is going to hurt Ferrari in the long run sadly...
once KR leaves, i wonder if Ferrari will drop like Renault did when they lost Alonso...

Nope, because Ferrari will gain Alonso.

And we all know how I feel about Massa, so I won't comment on this. ;)

But here's an article on Massa by Mark Hughes: http://www.itv-f1.co...a...es&id=42505

#13 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

How about blaming Kimi for not being fast enough to pass Hammy?

I know that's a shocking concept and all, to actually blame the person that got 3rd for not getting the 1-2, as opposed to the person who got 1st.

seriously...better than blaming massa....and I'm anything but a massa fan.

Or how about they not blame anyone and quietly and dominantly kick ass to contructor's and WDC's this year?

#14 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

Nope, because Ferrari will gain Alonso.

in that case, can we blame alonso for the mere fact that he's troubling massa's future at ferrari?

#15 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:30 PM

in that case, can we blame alonso for the mere fact that he's troubling massa's future at ferrari?

Nope, we can applaud Alonso. Let Massa bring mediocrity to Toyota where it belongs.

#16 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

Nope, we can applaud Alonso. Let Massa bring mediocrity to Toyota where it belongs.

mediocrity called... he doesnt want your two wins and 28 points in 3 races.

#17 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:48 PM

mediocrity called... he doesnt want your two wins and 28 points in 3 races.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

#18 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:52 PM

well, im not a big fan of massa, but that is a dumb thing to say when your trying to win championships. we all know that massa a little fragile anyways, so send a few bad words his way and he could really fall off the pace...

#19 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:54 PM

Even a black jesus finds a podium once in a while.

fixed.

and ;) everyones bound to miss the gravel trap on occasion.

#20 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:55 PM

Here's my theory. I think Massa is already out, which explains his demeanor this past weekend and Ferrari is laying the groundwork for the inevitable announcement and justification.

#21 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:58 PM

Here's my theory. I think Massa is already out, which explains his demeanor this past weekend and Ferrari is laying the groundwork for the inevitable announcement and justification.

Definite possibility...I don't see why they aren't classy enough to do a rubinho style "I want to be the #1 somewhere" exit. Massa, despite the inconsistensy, has served SF very well as a #2.

edit: I knew I needed just 1 more day of alcky-style-post-whoring...GP2!!! ;)

#22 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

Definite possibility...I don't see why they aren't classy enough to do a rubinho style "I want to be the #1 somewhere" exit. Massa, despite the inconsistensy, has served SF very well as a #2.

edit: I knew I needed just 1 more day of alcky-style-post-whoring...GP2!!! ;)

Maybe Massa doesn't even have any other good options. If you read that article I posted I think that he is probably recognized by the teams as quick, but lacking of the consistency needed for a #1 and after 7 seasons, that's not going to change much.

#23 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:06 PM

Maybe Massa doesn't even have any other good options. If you read that article I posted I think that he is probably recognized by the teams as quick, but lacking of the consistency needed for a #1 and after 7 seasons, that's not going to change much.

Which is the perfect #2 driver...

#24 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:07 PM

i agree with this... so, is his contract over after this season?

#25 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:09 PM

i agree with this... so, is his contract over after this season?

End of 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users