28 replies to this topic

#26 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

Schumacher is above Senna, Clark and Fangio to appeal to the idiots who have no idea about Formula One.

What? Are you saying they shouldn't be on the list? :ugh:

#27 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

What? Are you saying they shouldn't be on the list? :ugh:

i think he's saying schumacher shouldnt be ranked higher than them. not sure i agree but who can really say for sure? it just depends on how you rank them i guess.

out of the F1 drivers, i'd say:

Clark
Fangio
Schumi
Senna
sutil Posted Image

like i said though, its hard to compare them. schumi and senna are like apples and oranges. sure, senna had lots of spectacular performances and pole positions, but that's largely because he drove with his emotions and took unnecessary risks. schumacher was much more calculating and effective because he had supreme self discipline, even if he might not have been the most talented.

#28 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

i think he's saying schumacher shouldnt be ranked higher than them. not sure i agree but who can really say for sure? it just depends on how you rank them i guess.

out of the F1 drivers, i'd say:

Clark
Fangio
Schumi
Senna
sutil Posted Image

like i said though, its hard to compare them. schumi and senna are like apples and oranges. sure, senna had lots of spectacular performances and pole positions, but that's largely because he drove with his emotions and took unnecessary risks. schumacher was much more calculating and effective because he had supreme self discipline, even if he might not have been the most talented.

I'd put Schumi above Senna, even tho I idolize Senna and mearly respect Schumi. Fact is, Schumi built the modern-day Ferrari. Not many drivers can do that and make it work so efficently. And he did it much better than Senna ever did. He is the most complete driver I think ever...I think Hamilton and Alonso will get close tho...

#29 f1manoz

f1manoz

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

That is what I meant.

Respect for Schumacher winning 7 titles, but one or two were earned in less than savoury means, plus the absolute superiority Ferrari had at times, plus the fact he never had a team-mate who could actually compete on equal terms (unlike Clark / Hill, Senna / Prost, Mansell / Piquet etc etc) means his achievement, IMO, do not quite stack up.

At the moment, they do, as it's recent, but once it fades into the history books, the achievement of Fangio and Clark will once again be remembered better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users