Poles: 46 (61.3%)

#2 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

So, the mystery Europe event that's replacing NJ. Return of the Austrian GP?

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/104767

#3 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Interesting stats on Autosport...

Red Bull - 2009-2012
Drivers' championships: 3 (75%)
Constructors' championships: 3 (75%)
Wins: 34 (45.3%)
Poles: 46 (61.3%)

What's the percentage for Ferrari 2000-2004? A bit more dominant except on the poles front.

100% Drivers' chip
100% Constructors' chip
Wins: 57 (67%)
Poles: 51 (60%)

#4 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

What's the percentage for Ferrari 2000-2004? A bit more dominant except on the poles front.

100% Drivers' chip
100% Constructors' chip
Wins: 57 (67%)
Poles: 51 (60%)

you can probably just call those "Ferrari" stats, "Shumi" stats...

#5 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Top Ten Passes of 2012:

http://www.f1fanatic...sses-2012-vote/

The Massa / Senna one is by far my favorite. :bowdown:

Posted Image

Posted Image

These gifs entertained me, lol.

#6 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

you can probably just call those "Ferrari" stats, "Shumi" stats...

They are only "Schumi" stats because any time Schumi was #2 and Rubens was ahead, they made the ol' swicheroo.

#7 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

2013 season will be here before we know it...

#8 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

2013 season will be here before we know it...

99 Days is too long! Newey is saying it's a lot harder to find time in the RB8...I think the rules will be pretty stable so the racer should be even closer. Can't waiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

#9 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

99 Days is too long! Newey is saying it's a lot harder to find time in the RB8...I think the rules will be pretty stable so the racer should be even closer. Can't waiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

any changes to the 2013 tires? I doubt we'll have a free for all for the first couple races again... just curious if there are any changes....

#10 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

any changes to the 2013 tires? I doubt we'll have a free for all for the first couple races again... just curious if there are any changes....

Pirelli did say that the tire deg will increase after the last few races were mostly one stoppers.

#11 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Sooooo...Montreal is selling a ticket package where you get to sit in a different grandstand over each of the 3 days. Pretty nifty idea IMHO :coold:

#12 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Pirelli did say that the tire deg will increase after the last few races were mostly one stoppers.

It's really their pavement that sucks...but if Pirelli can help that, then so be it. A rock and a hard place for Pirelli...make tires that degrade. Great for publicity!

#13 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

It's really their pavement that sucks...but if Pirelli can help that, then so be it. A rock and a hard place for Pirelli...make tires that degrade. Great for publicity!

I think they achieved their goal of separating a good show and damaging their brand reputation by having high deg. I would be surprised if people think negatively of Pirelli road tires because of F1 tire wear rates. They were up front in saying that their target/goal was 2-3 stops, so anything less is indicative that they brought one or two compounds too hard to the last few races.

The key to the whole thing is Paul Hembry coming out week after week saying that they have a targeted # of pit stops average, so people associate the high deg with Pirelli being able to deliver on design targets, not that the P-Zeros on your McLaren MP4-12C are going to only last 17 laps around a F1 track.

#14 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

I think they achieved their goal of separating a good show and damaging their brand reputation by having high deg. I would be surprised if people think negatively of Pirelli road tires because of F1 tire wear rates. They were up front in saying that their target/goal was 2-3 stops, so anything less is indicative that they brought one or two compounds too hard to the last few races.

The key to the whole thing is Paul Hembry coming out week after week saying that they have a targeted # of pit stops average, so people associate the high deg with Pirelli being able to deliver on design targets, not that the P-Zeros on your McLaren MP4-12C are going to only last 17 laps around a F1 track.

seriously not sure how people tie the two together... "those tires on the F1 car only lasted 60 miles... must be a shit tire company... i'd never put their tires on my car"...

#15 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Sooooo...Montreal is selling a ticket package where you get to sit in a different grandstand over each of the 3 days. Pretty nifty idea IMHO :coold:

:coold:

#16 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

<br />seriously not sure how people tie the two together... &quot;those tires on the F1 car only lasted 60 miles... must be a shit tire company... i'd never put their tires on my car&quot;...<br />

That's about the same logical jump as "Hey, that companies f1 tires are great, their road tires must also be great".

#17 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

That's about the same logical jump as "Hey, that companies f1 tires are great, their road tires must also be great".

I know right? The funny thing is...those high-end brand of tires aren't even used by track/autox-tards for the most part. It's all the ones you never hear about that track/autox-tards are getting. Falkens, Dunlops, Kuhmo, Hankooks...these guys have been in a serious tire war for the last decade and the extreme summer street tires today have almost as much grip as a Kuhmo race tire from just ~10 years ago, but can be daily driven. Amazing...

Having said that, R & Kero...you're right. But you have to remember how STUPID people are...always take the lowest common denominator and assume the worse :o

#18 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

I know right? The funny thing is...those high-end brand of tires aren't even used by track/autox-tards for the most part. It's all the ones you never hear about that track/autox-tards are getting. Falkens, Dunlops, Kuhmo, Hankooks...these guys have been in a serious tire war for the last decade and the extreme summer street tires today have almost as much grip as a Kuhmo race tire from just ~10 years ago, but can be daily driven. Amazing...

Having said that, R & Kero...you're right. But you have to remember how STUPID people are...always take the lowest common denominator and assume the worse :o

'stone RE-11 are pretty popular in auto-x. Michelins not so much (too expensive!)

I'm curious to see what the next gen tire war pans out like. New RE-11A, Star Spec ZII and Hankook V720 (the V720 is not a replacement of the DOT-R V710, but a street tire), and how it stacks up to the current Hankook RS-3 and Toyo R1R.

That being said, I'm still going to Nitto NT-01 unless the new ZII or RE-11A are phenomenal.

#19 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Luca basically calling Bernie a senile old man.

http://www.f1technic...c3043a4127ec971

:bowdown:

#20 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

For moto Pirelli and Dunlop seem to be the top 2 choices...
My bike came with really good pirelli tires (their top of the line street tire/starter track tire), but I hated them... way too much sidewall flex for me... too much movement... they're like $500+ a set... i got rid of them after about 1200 miles...

Dunlop has amazing tires with great grip for "cheap"... in my case, they're too hard... not enough feed back...

So I'm left with Michelins and Bridgestones... I want the Michelins, but they're $250 for rear, and $170 for the front... tad too much for my current skill level and not exactly street tire life friendly, so i'm going to try some new B'stones which were released this year which are getting amazing reviews... $235 a set shipped... fast warmup, great grip, excellent feedback... easily run "A" pace on them so I have plenty of room to improve... so I'll be set for this coming season... maybe 2014 I'll try the Michelins...

#21 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

'stone RE-11 are pretty popular in auto-x. Michelins not so much (too expensive!)

I'm curious to see what the next gen tire war pans out like. New RE-11A, Star Spec ZII and Hankook V720 (the V720 is not a replacement of the DOT-R V710, but a street tire), and how it stacks up to the current Hankook RS-3 and Toyo R1R.

That being said, I'm still going to Nitto NT-01 unless the new ZII or RE-11A are phenomenal.

Since I haven't been tracking / racing much these days, I had no idea the Dunlops and BStones were getting replaced. My S needs a new set of shoes sometime after winter, nice! I'm going to try to do more track events next year. Yeah, BStones are the only ones that have been in F1 in recent memory and is raced grassroots...but they're still only par for the course compared to the rest in class at a much higher cost, all things considered. To be fair though, Bstones have historically managed to exhibit less road noise than the cheaper Korean tire cousins.

What's the V720 supposed to be if the RS3 is also in their lineup? Is it replacing their Ventas V12s?

So I'm left with Michelins and Bridgestones... I want the Michelins, but they're $250 for rear, and $170 for the front... tad too much for my current skill level and not exactly street tire life friendly, so i'm going to try some new B'stones which were released this year which are getting amazing reviews... $235 a set shipped... fast warmup, great grip, excellent feedback... easily run "A" pace on them so I have plenty of room to improve... so I'll be set for this coming season... maybe 2014 I'll try the Michelins...

What...?! Not getting Hoosiers for your motorcycle? :p (inside joke with Jimmy, ask him about it next time you guys kart, lol).

#22 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Luca basically calling Bernie a senile old man.

http://www.f1technic...c3043a4127ec971

:bowdown:

So one senile old man calling the other old man senile.... :mamoru:

#23 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

What...?! Not getting Hoosiers for your motorcycle? :p (inside joke with Jimmy, ask him about it next time you guys kart, lol).

:rofl:

#24 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

So one senile old man calling the other old man senile.... :mamoru:

:mamoru:

#25 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

:rofl:

And make sure to mention the weight savings he was trying to get while he was stuffing in a 2500 calorie meal at 3AM in the morning :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users