#1 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:21 AM

Looks like the Hulk is out.

Weber said: "Nico is leaving Williams. Negotiations are no longer continuing for Williams and Nico but Pastor Maldonado has signed a contract."

Weber added: “Nico will be driving in Formula 1 in 2011, you know me.”

Where is he gonna end up? It is a ~mystery~

We also have the young driver test coming up and then the tyre test, interesting to see if some cars suddenly go much faster on Pirellis :mamoru:

#2 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:25 AM

Renault? Force India? Where else could Hulk really go?

Michelin & Renault...does it follow suit that Pirelli would buddy up with Ferrari?

#3 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:41 AM

Nico really lost his ride? Wow. I'm surprised - he was getting good towards the end. Took a bit long, but I think we're being spoiled by drivers like Koby & Lewis, but I mean...c'mon, they DO need time to develop.

#4 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:27 AM

Nico really lost his ride? Wow. I'm surprised - he was getting good towards the end. Took a bit long, but I think we're being spoiled by drivers like Koby & Lewis, but I mean...c'mon, they DO need time to develop.

Do they deserve to develop their talent in a lesser team/car? There is no question the Hulk will get an offer from a lesser team. If I were him I'd take the offer up, whoop on the teammate and make a name for himself, and then come back knocking on the door of a team like Williams/STR/FI/Sauber.

IMO, if he leaves F1 next season and goes to DTM/etc., it will effectively ruin his chances of ever getting back into F1.

#5 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:36 AM

Then again Glock came back with a vengeance so who knows.

#6 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:03 AM

Then again Glock came back with a vengeance so who knows.

i wouldn't exactly call it a vengeance

#7 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:12 AM

i wouldn't exactly call it a vengeance

Yea, that's a pretty huge leap....

#8 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:27 AM

Well he didn't come back to win the WDC or anything, but he spent two years in a Toybota doing pretty well and scoring podiums. He's established himself this year as pretty solid as well, even if his car keeps breaking and the new teams are a bit of a joke. See what happens next year.

#9 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:34 AM

Well he didn't come back to win the WDC or anything, but he spent two years in a Toybota doing pretty well and scoring podiums. He's established himself this year as pretty solid as well, even if his car keeps breaking and the new teams are a bit of a joke. See what happens next year.

But with numerous young guns with money and a lack of experience constantly making their way into F1 these days I think it would be a big risk for anyone w/ only 1 year of experience to take a break from F1.

:vuvu:

#10 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:37 AM

I think so too, just not impossible to make a comeback.

He ruled out driving for HRT in Brazil, we'll see where he ends up I guess. I have no doubt Weber will find him a seat.

#11 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:27 AM

Let the Silly Season begin!

:alonso:

#12 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:36 PM

A bit silly of him to have just turned down the offer to be placed in HRT for a year, unless he's got something better lined up already

#13 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

I don't think I could do HRT either...but I do hope he gets a ride somewhere. What available seats are there next year? Both HRT seats, 1 Virgin seat, 1 Renault seat, 1 Williams seat...what else?

#14 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

A bit silly of him to have just turned down the offer to be placed in HRT for a year, unless he's got something better lined up already

No HRT driver has driven every race this year. It's sort of a joke team.

#15 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

I don't think I could do HRT either...but I do hope he gets a ride somewhere. What available seats are there next year? Both HRT seats, 1 Virgin seat, 1 Renault seat, 1 Williams seat...what else?

1 Lotus - maybe
1 Force India - probably
Haven't heard any rumors, but I'd be a bit surprised if Buemi kept his seat next year

#16 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

DDA, I'd actually be surprised if Toro Rosso is still around next year...they don't have anything special going on in that team anymore. It once made a splash and would be in the news some what. The team went almost un-noticed...I mean, what's the point of RB keeping them around?

#17 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

Well...

I like him again :hs: There's something to be said about loyalty in this modern age of F1...we'll see in due time.

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/34434.html

Hamilton would not switch to Red BullESPNF1 Staff
November 15, 2010 « Webber was not used to fool Alonso - Mateschitz | Petrov says he was right to defend his position » Lewis Hamilton has no plans to leave McLaren © Getty Images
Enlarge
Related LinksProfiles: Lewis Hamilton Teams: McLaren | Red Bull Despite a double championship defeat to Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel in 2010, Lewis Hamilton insists he is not tempted to switch teams any time soon.

"There is not one bit of me that feels I will ever want to drive for Red Bull," he told the Mirror in Abu Dhabi. "It doesn't have the character, the history or the appeal to me that McLaren has."

Hamilton finished fourth in the 2010 standings, behind both Red Bulls and also his former McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso, who now drives for Ferrari. But he said McLaren is his team of choice.

"My hero Ayrton Senna drove for this team and I have always wanted to," he said. "Red Bull have done a fantastic job and huge congratulations to them for winning the constructors' championship. Of course, I want my car to be as good as that. I could be here for the next 10 years in this team. I believe they have got the most potential out of everyone."

#18 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

Well...

I like him again :hs: There's something to be said about loyalty in this modern age of F1...we'll see in due time.

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/34434.html

Reading between the lines: "No way RBR can sustain this level of success in the long run."

Honestly I'm inclined to agree. Do RBR have the technical resources of a team like Renault/Ferrari/McLaren to quickly adapt to large rule changes, such as the re-introduction of Pirellis, KERS, etc?

No question RBR had the best car this year, but how good will their car be next year, or 4-5 years down the road? Gotta remember that Lewis is still a youngin. I mean last year the BrawnGP car was just simply unstoppable, but they were midpack this year, even with Ross Brawn at the helm.

#19 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

Toyota aborts HRT collaboration

By Jonathan Noble Monday, November 15th 2010, 17:40 GMT

HRT's plans to link up in a technical partnership with Toyota have been aborted after the Japanese manufacturer announced it had terminated its deal with the new team.

It is understood that HRT was looking at a deal that would see it use the Toyota's team's planned 2010 car as the basis for next year's challenger - as well as having use of certain facilities at the Cologne factory.

However, in a statement issued on Monday, Toyota Motorsport announced that the plans had been killed off because payments had not been made.

"Toyota Motorsport GmbH (TMG) confirms that all cooperation with Hispania Racing F1 Team (HRT) has been terminated and will not resume,
" said the statement.

"TMG retains all intellectual property rights to its current F1 car and is completely free to pursue other projects and support new customers for its high-performance engineering services.

"TMG regrets that HRT has not met its contractual payment obligations and will pursue all available options to reach a satisfactory conclusion to this matter."

No TMG technical resources, no Dallara (no way Dallara will ever work with HRT again), who the hell is going to design this team's 2011 car?

I don't see them improving at all for 2011, if they even make it to the first race. At this rate they're almost better off buying a GP2 chassis and shoehorning a Cosworth F1 engine into it. Bruno and cowboy are probably ready to off themselves.

#20 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

No TMG technical resources, no Dallara (no way Dallara will ever work with HRT again), who the hell is going to design this team's 2011 car?

I don't see them improving at all for 2011, if they even make it to the first race. At this rate they're almost better off buying a GP2 chassis and shoehorning a Cosworth F1 engine into it. Bruno and cowboy are probably ready to off themselves.

Maybe they should call Ken Anderson :mamoru:

#21 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

Reading between the lines: "No way RBR can sustain this level of success in the long run."

Honestly I'm inclined to agree. Do RBR have the technical resources of a team like Renault/Ferrari/McLaren to quickly adapt to large rule changes, such as the re-introduction of Pirellis, KERS, etc?

No question RBR had the best car this year, but how good will their car be next year, or 4-5 years down the road? Gotta remember that Lewis is still a youngin. I mean last year the BrawnGP car was just simply unstoppable, but they were midpack this year, even with Ross Brawn at the helm.

With Renault selling the factory team, there's no reason to think they wouldn't work even more closely with RBR to custom package their engines, KERS, etc. Regardless of who buys the Enstone team, RBR is Renault's best bet at F1 success.

There's already been a separation and tension between Mercedes and Macca, it would be foolish to think merc would be working as closely with Woking moving forward.

Budgets have been slashed, RBR has made steady improvements every year. As long a Newey doesn't get bored, I don't think RBR is going to slip relative to the other teams.

#22 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

playing devil's advocate, McLaren has been a front running team for a while, but their last WCC was over a decade ago, and before Lewis, they didn't win a WDC in in basically a decade as well...

#23 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Adrian Newey still works there. As long as they have him, they're going to be a force to contend with.

#24 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

playing devil's advocate, McLaren has been a front running team for a while, but their last WCC was over a decade ago, and before Lewis, they didn't win a WDC in in basically a decade as well...

But it's been a long time since they've not had a race-winning car. It's easy to say "__ hasn't won in a decade," but if you forget the Ferrari-Schu dominant period, it's alot more open.

#25 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

DDA, I'd actually be surprised if Toro Rosso is still around next year...they don't have anything special going on in that team anymore. It once made a splash and would be in the news some what. The team went almost un-noticed...I mean, what's the point of RB keeping them around?

STR's original claim to fame (for most of us) was their employing an American driver. Later, it was having the RBR chassis with the better Ferrari motor.

As of late though, they have been placeholders. The removal of the RBR/STR chassis pairing and development means that they're only going to slide further and further back the field, like the old Minardi team. :hs:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users