• Please log in to reply
1302 replies to this topic

#51 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

man, toyota does really suck at F1, but i think they are good for the sport. i wish they'd get some results. a race win this year could keep them in

#52 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:03 PM

man, toyota does really suck at F1, but i think they are good for the sport. i wish they'd get some results. a race win this year could keep them in

Disagree w/ ya bro. I dont know how good they've been for the sport - throwing a whole lotta money without any real solution to problems isn't the way to go, and that's what Toyota has been doing. Not to mention, they are in the sport solely to promote their brand...

I know I know, that's what racing is these days but at least the others pretend they're in it for racing...I dunno how much I'd miss Toyota to be honest. They have zero history in F1, unlike Honda. Actually, I don't really miss BMW that much either...

#53 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

The thing with Toyota is that like BMW and all others they have been hugely successful everywhere else, but F1 is something else entirely. I think most of their problems stem from bad management tbh. This year has shown that also rans can win championships so for Toyota not to win a race with Trulli/Half for so long kinda points to the car not being good enough.

#54 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

The thing with Toyota is that like BMW and all others they have been hugely successful everywhere else, but F1 is something else entirely. I think most of their problems stem from bad management tbh. This year has shown that also rans can win championships so for Toyota not to win a race with Trulli/Half for so long kinda points to the car not being good enough.

Leading by committee and toyota style "lean" initiatives work great in business and manufacturing, but F1 is more of a war. Frantic development, espionage, liberal interpretations of rule books...year after year after year.

#55 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

i just think that its good to have a few big manufactures in F1, regardless of their history. i think they fact that they had the balls to go into F1 without the history says alot. and then they havent had success shows that despite size and money, results are hard to get in F1. kinda verifies the sport, right? i mean, if you could walk in with a ton of cash, and walk away with the championship, what does that say? so in that manner, i think its good for the sport, the fact that a major power is there and struggling shows it aint a cat walk. and that goes for several big name teams; Honda and BMW both have had their struggles, but at least they got a race win :naughty:

#56 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:46 AM

:naughty: not sure how I missed this quote, but I'd have a new favorite on the grid :hug:

This ain't no bandwagon son. :wtc:

#57 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:26 AM

http://www.motorspor...p...51201&FS=F1

Brawn GP chief Ross Brawn has played down suggestions that Kimi Raikkonen could be lined up as an alternative to the hesitant Jenson Button for 2010.

With Brawn and Button at odds over the 29-year-old new world champion's desire for a pay-rise, Raikkonen is similarly stalling on signing up with McLaren

When asked about the technically-available 2007 world champion by Auto Motor und Sport, Brawn said of Raikkonen: "Too expensive. His management is negotiating as if the compensation of Ferrari doesn't exist."

He is referring to speculation that the 30-year-old Finn's agreement to leave Ferrari one year early involved a termination payment of a rumoured 25m euros.

The Finnish media reports that Raikkonen's management is in possession of a McLaren contract for 2010 and is studying the fine details, including clauses that would prevent rally driving.

"I have options and I still want to be here (in F1), but everything needs to be perfect," said Raikkonen in Abu Dhabi.

"I have no reason to make any contract that I don't feel 100 per cent happy with."

Meanwhile, Sir Jackie Stewart advises Button to bring his Brawn talks to a close by agreeing a deal now.

"He's going to make big money for quite a few years. The odd two or three million is neither here nor there," said the former triple world champion.

I don't see what his severance pay has to do with what he will be paid by somebody else to drive for them and Brawn probably couldnt afford him anyway but all these comments are starting to add up.

#58 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:03 AM

the best kobe video I've found

#59 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:13 AM

Toyota set to announce it is leaving F1

By Biranit Goren Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 02:54 GMT

Panasonic Toyota Racing logoToyota is expected to announced later today that it is withdrawing from Formula 1 with immediate effect, according to reports in the Japanese press, following a decision by the company's board of directors on Tuesday in Japan.

The official announcement is expected to be made on Wednesday afternoon Japan time, with representatives of the Toyota Motor Company reportly planning to hold a press conference to explain its decision.

The decision comes after months of speculation about the future of the team, a year after its Japanese rival Honda has withdrawn from F1 and just days following Bridgestone's announcement that it will end its F1 involvement after next season.

The Cologne-based Toyota team joined F1 at the start of the 2002 season, taking part in 139 grands prix and - albeit having one of the largest team budgets in the sport - failed to take a race win.

Suggestions the car maker will withdraw from F1 has surfaced throughout the year, but were repeatedly denied by company officials. Moreover, the team signed the new Concorde Agreement just recently, committing to the sport until the 2012 season.

Toyota Motor Corp is the largest car maker in the world, but the Japanese giant is forecasting an operating loss of over 8 billion USD.

Its decision to withdraw from grand prix racing paves the way for the the new owners of the BMW Sauber team to enter Formula 1 next year.

:naughty:

#60 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:17 AM

OHHH SHIT, we need to put Skyliner under 24/7 suicide watch...

#61 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:30 AM

Toyota set to announce it is leaving F1

By Biranit Goren Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 02:54 GMT

Panasonic Toyota Racing logoToyota is expected to announced later today that it is withdrawing from Formula 1 with immediate effect, according to reports in the Japanese press, following a decision by the company's board of directors on Tuesday in Japan.

The official announcement is expected to be made on Wednesday afternoon Japan time, with representatives of the Toyota Motor Company reportly planning to hold a press conference to explain its decision.

The decision comes after months of speculation about the future of the team, a year after its Japanese rival Honda has withdrawn from F1 and just days following Bridgestone's announcement that it will end its F1 involvement after next season.

The Cologne-based Toyota team joined F1 at the start of the 2002 season, taking part in 139 grands prix and - albeit having one of the largest team budgets in the sport - failed to take a race win.

Suggestions the car maker will withdraw from F1 has surfaced throughout the year, but were repeatedly denied by company officials. Moreover, the team signed the new Concorde Agreement just recently, committing to the sport until the 2012 season.

Toyota Motor Corp is the largest car maker in the world, but the Japanese giant is forecasting an operating loss of over 8 billion USD.

Its decision to withdraw from grand prix racing paves the way for the the new owners of the BMW Sauber team to enter Formula 1 next year.

#62 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:31 AM

repost you canadian dolt...

:hug:

#63 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:34 AM

yay fuck toyota

sucks for koby though. hope he gets a drive. :naughty:

#64 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:39 AM

yay fuck toyota

sucks for koby though. hope he gets a drive. :naughty:

yeah I doubt there will be any japanese drivers on the Grid next yr.

Too bad fro Koby, coz he's back to making sushi...

#65 draobpi

draobpi

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:23 AM

back to being sushi boy..........poor jap.

Sauber Ferrari - Heidfeld & ???

I agree 100% that Toyota failed due to shitty management and backing wrong drivers (like Ralf)......all those years making the car just to suit him led to total failure and dug themselves a hole.
Howett, while a nice guy, was also a huge problem and pretty much never got the job done.

#66 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:48 AM

OHHH SHIT, we need to put Skyliner under 24/7 suicide watch...

repost you canadian dolt...
:hug:
:wtc:

#67 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:49 AM

back to being sushi boy..........poor jap.

Sauber Ferrari - Heidfeld & ???

I agree 100% that Toyota failed due to shitty management and backing wrong drivers (like Ralf)......all those years making the car just to suit him led to total failure and dug themselves a hole.
Howett, while a nice guy, was also a huge problem and pretty much never got the job done.

I'm calling it now -

Sauber Mohammad Ferrari All Awesome Team with Heidfeld & Kobayashi :naughty:

#68 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:50 AM

Toyota Motor Corp., the world's greatest motor racing, Formula One (F1) has decided to withdraw as far as this year. On Monday afternoon, at a Tokyo news conference to announce that President Akio Toyoda. Toyota F1 race in 02 years. 12 shows the initial plan was to continue until, by the slump in world expected a deficit of two consecutive terms, decided that the expense of more difficult.

F1 is over, and as far as the withdrawal last year, Honda will complete the withdrawal of Japanese automobile manufacturers.

F1 racing is that it will take several hundred billion yen a year in operating costs and vehicle and manufacturing costs. Toyota's new vehicle sales performance and domestic and international support measures and escaped the worst, however, and still had a huge excess capacity, 5 to 09 September will be announced on the consolidated operating loss in half prospects. Toyota in July-owned Fuji Speedway (Oyama-cho, Shizuoka Prefecture) is expressed in F1 as far as to withdraw from the conference last year, late September and was larger than the Honda and a surplus in the interim month withdraw the decision to cut F1 costs.

F1 future to protect the employment of the members of the team, and to consider the transfer of the team. Entered in the form of co-operating costs and significantly compressed, F1 is also likely to continue interacting.

Toyota this year, including two-time Grand Prix of Japan won first place in two, five ended with a manufacturer in place ranking. [Yonekawa Naomi, Hiroshi Miyajima, Suzuki Yasuhiro]

http://mainichi.jp/s...020105000c.html

#69 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:53 AM

F1 future to protect the employment of the members of the team, and to consider the transfer of the team. Entered in the form of co-operating costs and significantly compressed, F1 is also likely to continue interacting.

Not sure if my babelfish engrish is off, but it sounds like they want to sell.

But to who? Doesn't the fact that they have withdrawn means their concorde signature is null? Is Sauber in or not? :naughty:

#70 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:55 AM

http://mainichi.jp/s...020105000c.html

What the fuck engrish?

Sucks for Kob. Perhaps one of the new teams will pick him up.

#71 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:57 AM

What the fuck engrish?

Sucks for Kob. Perhaps one of the new teams will pick him up.

google translate :naughty:

#72 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:58 AM

Sux,

RIP Toy Yoda F1...

#73 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:00 AM

I don't really miss Toyota, or BMW... I miss Honda though. But I def. didn't like how all 3 mftgs just threw money at the problem hoping for a solution. At least Honda did right by hiring Brawn, just too little too late by then.

And I want Koba to find a ride :naughty:

#74 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:43 AM

I'd hate to have a career in an F1 team at the moment, don't know if you'd be waking up tomorrow with a job.

#75 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:45 AM

RoC:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users