More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:24 AM

Posted Image

im starting a new season at www.NASAsimracing.com

they have seasons using a bunch of mods in all the big name PC games: GTR2, rFactor, RACE07, and some others. i just finished my first race in rFactor Advanced Trainers. the people there are all courteous and respectful and there are some fast dudes too. we had a grid of about 20 cars and i qualified 5th (even though i set a track record in practice) and finished 3rd (my force feedback quit on me so i was driving numb) :wtc:

anyways, if you're into simracing or think you might want to get into it, give the site a look. they have beginner series for noobs and once you get a high enough rating you can race in the F1 or CHAMPCAR series with the fast guys. this autumn they'll be having official championships which i'm looking forward to. :dunno:

for those that don't know, NASA is a major sanctioning body for amateur road races in the states. it seems the simracing scene is finally being accepted by the real racing world. :)

#2 schumi22

schumi22

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:25 AM

sounds interesting once CTDP 2006 gets released I will have look....

#3 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:49 AM

I need to suck it up and actually buy a decent FF wheel. :dunno:

In related news: a NASA membership gets you a free Grassroots Motorsports subscription.

#4 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:01 AM

I need to suck it up and actually buy a decent FF wheel. :dunno:

In related news: a NASA membership gets you a free Grassroots Motorsports subscription.

wanna buy my momo? :wtc: i never use it anymore...

#5 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:02 AM

sounds interesting once CTDP 2006 gets released I will have look....

:dunno: although I race in an Australian league because of timezone/ping

ps mmg blows :wtc:

#6 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:07 AM

wanna buy my momo? :dunno: i never use it anymore...

Possibly.....

I don't know anything about them though. :wtc:

#7 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:51 AM

good luck :dunno:

#8 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:35 AM

I want to start in one of those Nasa leagues, but shits too confusing and I'm too awesome to "work my way up" to an F1 league. :eek5:

#9 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:41 AM

wanna buy my momo? :eek5: i never use it anymore...

shit...how much you want for it? my sidewinder has just about had it i think. it's almost 10 years old so i cant complain. :eek3:

#10 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:43 AM

I want to start in one of those Nasa leagues, but shits too confusing and I'm too awesome to "work my way up" to an F1 league. :eek5:

its pretty simple really. just pick a series which works for your schedule and do it. you can just sign up for races an hour before they start and jump in if you want. it seems my rating after that one race is already high enough to race in F1 :eek3:

just go to the calander here and see whats coming up http://www.nasasimra...hedule/calendar

edit: damn there's a CHAMP enduro this weekend at Long Beach but its already filled up. im 1st on the waiting list though so i should get in :eek5:

#11 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

if we had enough interest in this we could start an OTF1 team for the league. it costs like $13 a month but if we had a few good drivers i'd be willing to pay it i suppose.

#12 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

Last year NSR hosted more than 18,000 entries from drivers in more than 50 countries. To qualify for the Championships and compete at year's end is an opportunity unrivaled in the world of organized sim racing ... To win truly is to earn the title of World Champion of Online Auto Racing!

All events in the playoff series will be conducted by live Stewards and broadcast across the World Wide Web. Thousands of dollars in sponsorship prizes will be awarded.

:eek5:

#13 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

Last year NSR hosted more than 18,000 entries from drivers in more than 50 countries. To qualify for the Championships and compete at year's end is an opportunity unrivaled in the world of organized sim racing ... To win truly is to earn the title of World Champion of Online Auto Racing!

All events in the playoff series will be conducted by live Stewards and broadcast across the World Wide Web. Thousands of dollars in sponsorship prizes will be awarded.

:eek3:

:eek5:

#14 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

on the front page of NSR:

Posted Image

putting the pessure on, I would end up spinning out exiting this corner:) doh!

lol. i think i passed both those guys in that corner. it was so hard to pass on that track i just relied on people to make mistakes for most of my positions after qualifying poorly and spinning my wheels on the start :eek5:

#15 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

shit...how much you want for it? my sidewinder has just about had it i think. it's almost 10 years old so i cant complain. :eek3:

i've lost all the boxes/manuals years ago but its still fully working, no caibration issues or anything. force feedback is working strong. $30? shipping would be a bitch so i'm wondering if there would be any sort of way to just meet up next time im near the nastynnati.

of course the way gas prices are these days that might even be more expensive than getting one off the net :eek5:

#16 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

i've lost all the boxes/manuals years ago but its still fully working, no caibration issues or anything. force feedback is working strong. $30? shipping would be a bitch so i'm wondering if there would be any sort of way to just meet up next time im near the nastynnati.

of course the way gas prices are these days that might even be more expensive than getting one off the net :eek3:

i guess if i happen to go to urbana/champaign in the near future i'll see if i can swing by and pick it up... :eek5:

ill probably end up ordering a new one

#17 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:02 PM

i guess if i happen to go to urbana/champaign in the near future i'll see if i can swing by and pick it up... :rofl:

ill probably end up ordering a new one

yeah if you're going to be in the vicinity then let me know, otherwise i would say go for gold and get the G25..

#18 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

:rofl:

What would they sponsor? :wiggle:

My computer doesn't need Hawks.

#19 cafcwest

cafcwest

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

What would they sponsor? :rofl:

My computer doesn't need Hawks.

Don't give Jerry and Ryan any ideas, or else all the cars in the game will be running on Toyo's the next time you login.

Comes home to envelope from Toyo
"Oh cool, $1000 Toyo Bucks!......for virtual tires!!!??? What the.....oh those motherfuckers!!!!"

#20 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:49 PM

of course the way gas prices are these days that might even be more expensive than getting one off the net :wiggle:

I live in Louisville. :rofl:

And it's an excuse for me to go to the hofbrauhaus

#21 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

I live in Louisville. :rofl:

And it's an excuse for me to go to the hofbrauhaus

i'll have to let you know next time i plan on a trip to the hofbrauhaus then :wiggle:

#22 F1

F1

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:11 PM

I want to start in one of those Nasa leagues, but shits too confusing and I'm too awesome to "work my way up" to an F1 league. :wiggle:

I was a tad drunk when I wrote that last night.

But seriously, I am awesome. :rofl:

#23 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

i'll have to let you know next time i plan on a trip to the hofbrauhaus then :rofl:

The Hofbrauhaus in Vegas has HUGE F1 viewing parties. :wiggle:

#24 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

I was a tad drunk when I wrote that last night.

But seriously, I am awesome. :mamoru:

your number is listed in my phone as Tom The Ultimate :mamoru:

#25 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:48 PM

and i just ordered a new MOMO wheel. $90 shipped :mamoru:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users