#53 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Finally...
hopefully ducati take a hint and realize they really need to get their shit together... that team is like a revolving door for top riders...

#54 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hopefully Audi brings some competence and consistency.

#55 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

It's the Ferrari of the early 90s. Why? Because Italian.

And honestly, I think Rossi is def. frustrated by the fact that the Italian team doesn't move "fast" enough to the changes that Rossi demanded to build a top tier team.

#56 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

http://www.motogp.co...r Yamaha switch

The Repsol Honda rider was referring to Rossi’s and Burgess’ words, that they could create a bike any rider could win on. The Italian and his team have only managed two podiums in the last one and half seasons, with the seven-time premier-class champion having recently announced he will be switching back to Yamaha for 2013 on a two-year deal.

Stoner, who won the world championship with Ducati in 2007 and stayed with the team until 2010 had strong words about the recent turn of events: "They ate their words from day one. Jerry saying that it would take him 80 seconds to fix that bike and that it was a simple issue and now they have had almost two years and have not made any inroads. Valentino obviously doesn't want to push limits and ride a bike that is not perfect; he has admitted that.

"Obviously he doesn't want to put the effort in with Ducati. I just feel completely sorry for Ducati that Valentino has gone there and done nothing but complain about the bike for almost two years. The amount of times that guy has had to eat his words is not funny, but people still forgive him for it."

Does Stoner do anything but bitch and whine?

#57 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Stoner+slates+Rossi+over+Yamaha+switch
Does Stoner do anything but bitch and whine?

normally I'd say that's all he does, but this time, he does have a point :o

#58 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

red bull should start a motogp team and have rossi and stoner be teammates.

#59 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

normally I'd say that's all he does, but this time, he does have a point :o

I can see this potentially being the media making a bigger issue out of things. Could have kept his mouth shut about it instead of going all "told you so!", but I'm guessing he didn't call on a press conference just to make this sound bite.

That being said, the second half of that quote is totally unnecessary and still proves Casey likes to be a prick when given the chance. He could have easily taken the high road and said "it's not my problem anymore, is it?" but took a cheap shot at Vale instead.

Still ultimately one of the best talents in MotoGP, but just as we have seen in F1, talent + success does not necessarily equal class.

#60 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Could have kept his mouth shut about it instead of going all "told you so!"
Casey likes to be a prick when given the chance.

As a Rossi fan-boi...
Casey and Rossi have been going back and forth for years, honestly since 2008 really... Rossi just gets away with it because it's Rossi, and Stoner never really got the praise he deserved for riding such a shitty bike all these years... Stoner now feels vindicated and has every right to be calling Rossi out... normally I don't like when Casey blames everything and everybody like it's always someone elses fault... that's annoying... but this time... I'll side with him...

A lot more quotes from the press conference can be found in the link below... lots of lovely gems in there...
http://www.motorcycl...-yamaha-return/

#61 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

As a Rossi fan-boi...
Casey and Rossi have been going back and forth for years, honestly since 2008 really... Rossi just gets away with it because it's Rossi, and Stoner never really got the praise he deserved for riding such a shitty bike all these years... Stoner now feels vindicated and has every right to be calling Rossi out... normally I don't like when Casey blames everything and everybody like it's always someone elses fault... that's annoying... but this time... I'll side with him...

A lot more quotes from the press conference can be found in the link below... lots of lovely gems in there...
http://www.motorcycl...-yamaha-return/

I didn't see Stoner sticking it out as the Ducati got worse and worse every year...

#62 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

I didn't see Stoner sticking it out as the Ducati got worse and worse every year...

dude won 3 of the last 6 races of 2010, including the last race...
then he went to honda... and won the first race of 2011
not a casey fan at all, but the guy is a machine...

#63 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

dude won 3 of the last 6 races of 2010, including the last race...
then he went to honda... and won the first race of 2011
not a casey fan at all, but the guy is a machine...

Oh, no doubt at all of his talent. It's just I wouldn't be calling anyone out if I were him considering his past history with not making it work with different factories. It's not like he left Duc on good terms...he did have an ability to drop that front end quite a bit...

#64 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

I'm siding with Stoner on this one :o

#65 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/101813

One of the things I like about Rossi, even though he has played mind games with Jorge before...is that he is refreshingly open about a situation.

Valentino Rossi says he will retire from MotoGP should his switch to Yamaha not meet with an upturn in results.

The Italian has finished on the podium just twice since moving to Ducati, and after crashing out at Laguna Seca - having been running a disappointing eighth – he admitted staying motivated was tough.

Having made the decision to return to Yamaha, with whom he enjoyed unprecedented success between 2004 and 2010, Rossi says an inability to improve upon his current level of performance would serve as an indication that his time at the top has passed.

"If you ask a sportsman whether going badly for a long time has an influence, he will tell that no, it has no effect. Instead I say it has, you can feel it," Rossi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"This is why before talking about victories and a tenth title, which would be a dream, I need to really understand whether I'm able to fight again for the top grid positions, for victories, and finally for the title.

"Have I considered I won't be able to? Honestly I haven't made any programmes. I want to have fun again and go to the races with a smile.

"Should I carry on scoring fifth and sixth positions, that would mean my time has passed and I will retire: I've been racing for 15 years after all."

Rossi apologised for his inability to bring success to Ducati, but said he hoped he could rise again from such a low with Yamaha.

"I'm sorry this Italian pairing hasn't worked for myself, for Ducati, for the fans, and most of all for the guys who have worked on this project," he said.

"These two seasons are very difficult, and we struggling very much. Unfortunately, we were not able to improve our speed, our performance, and to fight for the good position, for the front position. In Ducati I find a lot of good people. We had great times together. We try the maximum, but unfortunately we were not able to achieve the result.

"I have never been able to make the difference like in 2004 at Yamaha, but the situation has changed. The bikes count for more now than back then. Also, in 2004 I was 24 and at the top of my form. Now I'm 33...

"I'm a rider who has lived twice: I won five consecutive titles like only two others have managed in history. Then I lost, but I returned and won again. Let's hope I become the man who lived three times."

Rossi said he expected the majority of his crew to follow him across to Yamaha, as they did when he moved from the Japanese factory to Ducati.

"So I think my crew come with me - more or less the same guys that come with me from Yamaha to Ducati. But is still not decided 100 percent. I think we have to fix some of the ties," he told a press conference ahead of the Indianapolis GP.

He also paid tribute to Jorge Lorenzo, admitting he is unsure whether he will be able to best the Spaniard once at Yamaha.

"Lorenzo has been a gentleman, he hasn't thrown a spanner in the works. Would I have done the same with roles reversed?

"In the last seasons, Jorge has become more strong than when I was with him in Yamaha – [and] in 2010 he was very strong. He rides the M1 at an incredible level without doing any mistakes. So for me it's a question mark [beating Lorenzo], I don't know.

"In the last seasons I think mainly three riders make the difference - him, Dani and Stoner. I was with them until 2010, so I consider [that] I was a top rider. But after these two seasons, no, I don't know..."

I bet they still won't be sharing data between the garage tho, lol.

#66 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101813

One of the things I like about Rossi, even though he has played mind games with Jorge before...is that he is refreshingly open about a situation.

I bet they still won't be sharing data between the garage tho, lol.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101811

I always said the wall is a stupid thing. It doesn't make sense for anything. No wall is OK for me and I think for Vale this time!

I don't have any problem with anybody. I like to have a good relationship with everybody in the paddock. I have a lot of respect for Valentino. So maybe if he asked me for some favour, I will give him.

#67 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

One thing is for sure... Yamaha will win all 3 titles for the next 2 years...
Pedro and Marc (at Honda), and Hayden and whoever (at Ducati) won't be able to take down the Rossi/Lorenzo combo...

#68 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

The 2 are quite chatty over Twitter for being "fierce" rivals although I think that happened when Vale moved to Ducati.

Stoner leaving next year is such a shame. Rossi/Lorenzo/Stoner on top flight bikes? :drool:

#69 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Holy crap did that race turn into a snoozefest... I think I'm just going to watch the Moto2 races from now on, at least they have some action...

#70 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Moto racing has been pretty lackluster this and last year where basically only 4 riders are in a shot at winning. F1 is where the action is at right now.

IMS looked pretty empty too, poor attendance makes me worry that MotoGP will go the way of F1. Shame considering IMS puts on a much better race weekend experience than Laguna Seca, especially since all the world championships go to IMS as opposed to AMA at Laguna.

#71 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

Holy crap did that race turn into a snoozefest... I think I'm just going to watch the Moto2 races from now on, at least they have some action...

you need to check out moto3... that's where all the action is...

IMS looked pretty empty too, poor attendance makes me worry that MotoGP will go the way of F1.

IMS has always been a shitty track... for both F1 and and GP...
another thing going against GP is that since the track is run in reverse, all the turns tighten up, the absolutely worst type of turn for a bike...

#72 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

another thing going against GP is that since the track is run in reverse, all the turns tighten up, the absolutely worst type of turn for a bike...

IMS might not the best track to watch on TV, but they still put on a hell of a race weekend for spectators at the track. Pretty much could spend a whole day just going around and visiting all of the extra stuff they have scattered around IMS. There is just so much more going on around the facility than I saw at Laguna. Rider interview/autograph sessions, live music, etc is just leaps and bounds better at IMS because they have the space for it.

As for F1, basically when races were hosted there there was really no 'good' tracks except the historic ones like Suzuka, Spa, Silverstone, Monza. All of the new tracks were snooze fests, which have recently come alive due to the control tire and the number of teams that are now capable to fight for a win. I'm not sure IMS would be a boring race if a race were held there today, especially with two long straights (one with DRS) and KERS.

#73 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

IMS might not the best track to watch on TV, but they still put on a hell of a race weekend for spectators at the track. Pretty much could spend a whole day just going around and visiting all of the extra stuff they have scattered around IMS. There is just so much more going on around the facility than I saw at Laguna. Rider interview/autograph sessions, live music, etc is just leaps and bounds better at IMS because they have the space for it.

As for F1, basically when races were hosted there there was really no 'good' tracks except the historic ones like Suzuka, Spa, Silverstone, Monza. All of the new tracks were snooze fests, which have recently come alive due to the control tire and the number of teams that are now capable to fight for a win. I'm not sure IMS would be a boring race if a race were held there today, especially with two long straights (one with DRS) and KERS.

IMS's history to motorsports definitely plays a role in helping bring so much to that track. It's by far the most interactive race track I'd personally ever been to. All of the others were pretty lack luster, including Montreal. Which, in hindsight is a good thing because Montreal had tons of street parties to go to instead :bigthumb:

#74 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Yeah I watch the Moto 3 races when they are on Speed but they don't show many of them and I always forget to download them.

#75 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

IMS might not the best track to watch on TV, but they still put on a hell of a race weekend for spectators at the track.

With all the history there, i'm sure it's a great experience, but for the TV audience, it's boring as hell... I can't think of a worse track GP goes too...

Oh, and forget to mention: Ben :mamoru:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users