274 replies to this topic

#251 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:28 AM

Lotus looks awesome and way more developed than the VR car. They will probably change the nose though.

#252 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:33 AM

I still can't get over that the team is Malaysian, but using a classic British name/identity like Lotus.

Well, Proton owns Lotus, which in today's world is just how it is. I have no problem with it personally, and quite like the fact that they are paying heritage - both in how they still make cars, and that their F1 team will be ran the same way.

#253 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:32 AM

I still can't get over that the team is Malaysian, but using a classic British name/identity like Lotus.

every team except Ferrari and USF1 are based in Britain somewhere if you really think about it...
so we have an italian team, a US team, and 10 british teams in theory

#254 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:33 AM

every team except Ferrari and USF1 are based in Britain somewhere if you really think about it...
so we have an italian team, a US team, and 10 british teams in theory

Sauber = Swiss team

STR = Italian team (Faenza)

#255 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:57 AM

Sauber = Swiss team
STR = Italian team (Faenza)

Mercesdes GP - german team, based in england
mclaren - england/england
RBR - dutch (?) / england
Virgin - england/england
renault - french/england
ferrari - italy/italy
williams - england/england
force india - india/england
lotus - malaysian/england
usf1 - usa/usa
campos - spain/spain

hell, USF1 is a US team, which is basically backed by Argentina...

#256 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:19 AM

Mercesdes GP - german team, based in england
mclaren - england/england
RBR - austria / england
Virgin - england/england
renault - french/england
ferrari - italy/italy
williams - england/england
force india - india/england
lotus - malaysian/england
usf1 - usa/usa
campos - spain/spain

hell, USF1 is a US team, which is basically backed by Argentina...

I'm not disputing the fact that the majority of teams are based in the UK.. Just pointing out the two that you missed :mamoru:

#257 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:33 AM

I'm not disputing the fact that the majority of teams are based in the UK.. Just pointing out the two that you missed :hs:

oh i know, i forgot about campos as well, figured i'd just list them all :mamoru:

#258 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:06 AM

oh i know, i forgot about campos as well, figured i'd just list them all :hs:

Teams that won't race need not be mentioned :o

We're looking at you Campos and USF1 :mamoru:

#259 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:34 AM

They're only all in England due to circumstance - I'd rather not think of F1 as "just" or "mostly" a British thing to be quite honest...it's just a long time ago, far far away...they all started out in England and teams have bought them over ever since, over and over...

#260 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

Lotus and Cosworth in British racing green. :rofl:

This is my favorite one so far...such a throwback to the 60s. And if the teams show a grassroots mentality like that of RedBull, they'll quickly become my favorite underdog team. They'll just need a driver I can support :rofl:

Too bad for VR, it looks like they've built a dog of a car...

:rofl: :o :wtc: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TRUUUU-LIIIIII~!

I'm pulling for Trulli of course, but I sorta wish his team hadn't gotten the Lotus name. Don't get me wrong, the car looks super, but it just seems disingenuous. "We're not really Lotus, and we're not trying to be. We just wanted the recognizable name and a kicking-rad livery." :rofl:

#261 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

:rofl: :o :wtc: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TRUUUU-LIIIIII~!

:rofl:

You mean the guy that pushes other people off the track and than brings 'evidence' that he was the victim? :rofl:

#262 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:25 PM

:wtc:

You mean the guy that pushes other people off the track and than brings 'evidence' that he was the victim? :rofl:

Oh yeah, the guy does something you disagree with, and that outweighs his being a generally good guy. Hell, he's even had moments of brilliance on the track.

Should we find moments where your favorite drivers were in the wrong? There's got to be a few at least.

If you don't like that guy, that's fine. But not liking him because of one difference of opinion over a "racing incident" doesn't make sense to me. I don't like Hamilton because he comes off as a snobby douche, not only because he wrongly passed Trulli then lied about it. :o

#263 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

Oh yeah, the guy does something you disagree with, and that outweighs his being a generally good guy. Hell, he's even had moments of brilliance on the track.

Should we find moments where your favorite drivers were in the wrong? There's got to be a few at least.

If you don't like that guy, that's fine. But not liking him because of one difference of opinion over a "racing incident" doesn't make sense to me. I don't like Hamilton because he comes off as a snobby douche, not only because he wrongly passed Trulli then lied about it. :rofl:

Actually, I think he's a pretty cool guy. That's just a specific incident I remember about the guy. But really, he's just not one of the driver's I myself tend to find myself supporting over time. Am I supposed to support every single driver on the grid?

#264 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

Actually, I think he's a pretty cool guy. That's just a specific incident I remember about the guy. But really, he's just not one of the driver's I myself tend to find myself supporting over time. Am I supposed to support every single driver on the grid?

Yes, I require you to support everyone at all times. That is exactly what I was saying. :o

What am saying is that I think it's lame you say you can't pull for Lotus because you can't like any of their drivers, essentially because of one piddly incident with Trulli. :rofl:

#265 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

Yes, I require you to support everyone at all times. That is exactly what I was saying. :o

What am saying is that I think it's lame you say you can't pull for Lotus because you can't like any of their drivers, essentially because of one piddly incident with Trulli. :rofl:

Who said I wasn't pulling for them already? I want the team to survive and to do well - love the fact that it's a very much a throwback of a team. All I'm saying is I wish one of my more favorite drivers were on that team. For example, I wouldn't mind it if Kobayashi or Sato was on Team Lotus...even if he took Trulli's spot.

:flame suite on:

#266 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

Who said I wasn't pulling for them already? I want the team to survive and to do well - love the fact that it's a very much a throwback of a team. All I'm saying is I wish one of my more favorite drivers were on that team. For example, I wouldn't mind it if Kobayashi or Sato was on Team Lotus...even if he took Trulli's spot.

:flame suite on:

You said you couldn't support Trulli, even though you like the guy. You seem to view teams in shades of grey, but drivers in black and white. Now you're back-peddling and saying he's not one of your "more favorite" drivers. I'm fine with the shades of grey. It's only your initial statement that "They'll just need a driver I can support", and the implication you couldn't support Trulli that bugged me.

:bowdown:

#267 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

You said you couldn't support Trulli, even though you like the guy. You seem to view teams in shades of grey, but drivers in black and white. Now you're back-peddling and saying he's not one of your "more favorite" drivers. I'm fine with the shades of grey. It's only your initial statement that "They'll just need a driver I can support", and the implication you couldn't support Trulli that bugged me.

You sure are sensitive about Trulli...I like the guy. But not enough to support him wholly like I would Alonso, Massa, Kobi, or even Button. I don't ever say "GO TRULLI!" when I'm watching a race. But it doesn't mean I dont' want to see him in F1. Hell, I'm not a big Nick fan, but I don't like him being in a reserve seat. And I'll say the same for Trulli as well...

Seriously though, why does my opinion of Trulli even matter to you?

#268 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:50 PM

You sure are sensitive about Trulli...I like the guy. But not enough to support him wholly like I would Alonso, Massa, Kobi, or even Button. I don't ever say "GO TRULLI!" when I'm watching a race. But it doesn't mean I dont' want to see him in F1. Hell, I'm not a big Nick fan, but I don't like him being in a reserve seat. And I'll say the same for Trulli as well...

Seriously though, why does my opinion of Trulli even matter to you?

Ah, so you're qualifying your previous "support" as "support wholly". That's cool.

Your opinion matters to me because I'm a Trulli fan, and I saw your inability to "support" him for seemingly one incident as silly.

But now you've clarified your stance a bit, and I'm fine with it. :bowdown:

#269 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

Trulli is about as exciting as beige, just like the rest of the now-defunct Toyota team (save Kobi)

There, i said it.

#270 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:40 PM

but he makes the vino! and vino makes panties fall down

therefore trulli = panty dropper

#271 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:32 AM

'imma pushin' like hell! (to make this vino to make the panties drop)"

#272 1357

Formula Ford

• F1 Crew Member
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports, Music, Art, Science, History

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

Attached File  porwnanie2010.png   1.38MB   34 downloads
Credits - godsire

#273 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

Credits - godsire

Very cool to see - thanks.

Why's the Torro Rosso & Red Bull cars different? Is the former not designed by Newey?

#274 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:14 PM

Very cool to see - thanks.
Why's the Torro Rosso & Red Bull cars different? Is the former not designed by Newey?

according to the rules, everyone this year has to be their own constructor...
STR is now a full blown team and no longer RBR's sibling..
so no more sharing any company resources...

that said, the Sauber and Ferrari are long as fuck... the lotus is tiny...

#275 Skyliner

Skyliner

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

I think the Lotus, Mercedes, and the VR are the purtiest cars. :o

Thanks for posting that comparison pic 1357. :bigthumb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users