1381 replies to this topic

#101 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:32 AM

:rofl: i know this... and thats why im suprised he doesnt know. I dont watch at all, and i know who most of the drivers are... its most bc people know im into racing, and then they are like, oh man, i LOVE nascar, then im like :rofl:

All my friends that are into racing are into F1, ALMS or similar. No one likes NASCAR that I talk to regularly. :o

#102 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:08 AM

I dont have any friends who are into racing :( its just you guys :hug:

#103 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:18 AM

CORKSCREW

I also heard rumors that the USGP will be out in "the valley" west of LA...

:fap::fap::fap:

Have no idea where though...maybe a Monaco-style street race in beautiful chatsworth?
Posted Image

#104 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:18 AM

I dont have any friends who are into racing :( its just you guys :(

:hug: it's a lonely hobby :hs:

#105 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:32 AM

:hug: it's a lonely hobby :(

Even in Cali? I'd think in Cali where the car culture is really strong, there'd be at least a few F1 fans. I kinda lucked into an F1- watching party when I was searching F1 and I saw a site that said "Grand Prix Club of Dallas" or something like that. :hs:

#106 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:11 AM

Its hard being the only gay in the village

Posted Image

#107 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:43 AM

Coachella Valley

http://www.grandprix.../mole20786.html

I know these articles are fairly abstract, but that have brought some good "insight" into f1 before.

#108 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

All my friends that are into racing are into F1, ALMS or similar. No one likes NASCAR that I talk to regularly. :o

your lucky :hug:

I dont have any friends who are into racing :( its just you guys :(

your unlucky :hs:

#109 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:16 PM

oh yeah so engines need to last 3 GPs in 2009

#110 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:13 PM

All my friends that are into racing are into F1, ALMS or similar. No one likes NASCAR that I talk to regularly. :(

Being as I grew up in the south, our Sundays as far back as I can remember (we're talking late '70's here folks...) revolved around watching the NASCAR race with my parents, these were the days when they were actually allowed to race and it wasn't about corporate bullshit like it is these days, they didn't hand out stupid penalties or throw cautions, just to bunch people back up.

I still go over to my parents on Sundays and watch the race, but it's just not like it was back in the good ole days :hug: And now days I usually spend most of the race sleeping, or reading the paper, or if there's an F1 replay or MotoGP race on watching those...

#111 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:14 PM

:fap::fap::fap:

Have no idea where though...maybe a Monaco-style street race in beautiful chatsworth?

NO MORE STREET COURSES!!!!!!11111one

#112 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

you're lucky :(

you're unlucky :hs:

fixed...

:hug:

#113 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:46 PM

NO MORE STREET COURSES!!!!!!11111one

Monaco should be the only street circuit...
although Shanghai looks cool...
Valencia was a snooze fest...

#114 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:59 PM

Monaco should be the only street circuit...
although Shanghai looks cool...
Valencia was a snooze fest...

shanghai did look spectacular, i think that race is a keeper. But yeah, besides that only monaco.

#115 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

Coachella Valley

http://www.grandprix.../mole20786.html

I know these articles are fairly abstract, but that have brought some good "insight" into f1 before.

coachella is WAY WAY WAY out in the desert, a solid 2 hour drive from L.A. Would still be great to get, and if we do, F1-crew meat at my house!

#116 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,024 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:30 PM

shanghai did look spectacular, i think that race is a keeper. But yeah, besides that only monaco.

i think you guys are confusing singapore with shanghai...

Singapore (street circuit)
Posted Image

Shanghai (race circuit)
Posted Image

#117 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

Being as I grew up in the south, our Sundays as far back as I can remember (we're talking late '70's here folks...) revolved around watching the NASCAR race with my parents, these were the days when they were actually allowed to race and it wasn't about corporate bullshit like it is these days, they didn't hand out stupid penalties or throw cautions, just to bunch people back up.

I still go over to my parents on Sundays and watch the race, but it's just not like it was back in the good ole days :hug: And now days I usually spend most of the race sleeping, or reading the paper, or if there's an F1 replay or MotoGP race on watching those...

My parent's care none about racing. Although my grandfather on my mom's side was one of the OGs of motorcycle racing back in Scotland.

#118 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:42 PM

i think you guys are confusing singapore with shanghai...

Posted Image

Shanghai (race circuit)
Posted Image

:(

Sorry Shi :hug:

#119 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:44 PM

Even in Cali? I'd think in Cali where the car culture is really strong, there'd be at least a few F1 fans. I kinda lucked into an F1- watching party when I was searching F1 and I saw a site that said "Grand Prix Club of Dallas" or something like that. :hug:

I'm sure I could find a bar somewhere that shows the races, but in your average conversations/acquaintances, not really. I've met 4 people who were into f1...2 of which were immigrants. I do meet tons of general car enthusiasts though.

#120 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:50 PM

I'm sure I could find a bar somewhere that shows the races, but in your average conversations/acquaintances, not really. I've met 4 people who were into f1...2 of which were immigrants. I do meet tons of general car enthusiasts though.

My friend Drew was in Vegas during one of the races, and conned some betting place to turning it over to F1 for him. Some other guy comes and sits down and asks him who's winning with a British accent. Guy is fucking shocked that Drew answers in an American accent. He said something to the effect of "I didn't know any of you Americans even knew what F1 was anymore."

#121 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:54 PM

Posted Image
Shanghai (race circuit)
Posted Image

yeah, what you said...

#122 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

My friend Drew was in Vegas during one of the races, and conned some betting place to turning it over to F1 for him. Some other guy comes and sits down and asks him who's winning with a British accent. Guy is fucking shocked that Drew answers in an American accent. He said something to the effect of "I didn't know any of you Americans even knew what F1 was anymore."

:hs:

Was talking to an Austrian co-worker one day before my europe trip, mentioned I was going to spa, and he was like "what the fuck, you like f1?"

Turns out this guy drinks champagne with his wife while watching every race, had a cabinet in his living room with 3 different schumi helmets, and got a super pit pass from RBR before for last USGP...we end up looking at 6 GB of photos in his office for the next 4 hours...including pics of him getting autograph snubbed by emonso and shaking hands with schumi. I was so :werd:

#123 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

yeah, what you said...

:werd:

sexah stig is so sexah.

#124 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

:hs:

Was talking to an Austrian co-worker one day before my europe trip, mentioned I was going to spa, and he was like "what the fuck, you like f1?"

Turns out this guy drinks champagne with his wife while watching every race, had a cabinet in his living room with 3 different schumi helmets, and got a super pit pass from RBR before for last USGP...we end up looking at 6 GB of photos in his office for the next 4 hours...including pics of him getting autograph snubbed by emonso and shaking hands with schumi. I was so :werd:

One of the guys that works at the shop that i quasi-work for also crew chiefs a Star Mazda team (World Speed Racing). They were the opener for the Canadian Grand Pirx for years. Anyway, back when Schumi was still on the grid, one of his customers had a Ferrari knockoff scheme. Schumi walks by, sees the guys car and gives him a big thumbs up.

Guy spent the rest of the day, to no avail, trying to get Schumi to autograph his car...... that he promptly stuffed into a wall anyway. :o

#125 Dazed1

Dazed1

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

:o

Can i has friends? :hs:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users