52 replies to this topic

#26 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

Cal Crutchlow to be announced as Nicky Hayden's replacement for '14. Seems a risky move IMO, he should have stayed station at Tech3 and waited out Rossi to take the bike alongside Lorenzo. Thoughts?

Until Ducaudi figure out their bike, that's where you go to get a paycheck and end your career.... Either you want $$$ or trophies, although getting a 5x pay bump isn't a bad way to go out... Cal's podium run is pretty much gone....

Ducati is still running basically a '10 bike with minor updates that really do nothing, while Honda is ready to rollout their '14 bike... sad

#27 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

There goes Cal's career... :wtc:

#28 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

Based on the official announcement this morning...

Posted Image

#29 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Based on the official announcement this morning...

[im]http://i.minus.com/ibwNQefIyYQGKZ.jpg[/im]

Such a shame, I felt like he had more promise than Ben Spies, who was already pretty damn quick. Basically the only person who made it out of Ducati "alive and well" in recent memory is Casey Stoner, who jumped ship right after the end of their competitive advantage in terms of engine performance.

#30 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Such a shame, I felt like he had more promise than Ben Spies, who was already pretty damn quick. Basically the only person who made it out of Ducati "alive and well" in recent memory is Casey Stoner, who jumped ship right after the end of their competitive advantage in terms of engine performance.

Tires is what killed Ducati... after they went spec BStones, and couldn't have custom tires made anymore, it was game over... also the combination of the frameless design all happening in such a short period of time, it's been downhill since then... even Stoner, the only guy who could ride the thing, started crashing more and not winning as much as the years progressed before he jumped to Honda...

#31 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

This is mind bottling to me...
Honda seamless gearbox - shifts in 0.009 seconds
Yamaha conventional gearbox - shifts in 0.038 seconds
Yamaha experimental seamless gearbox - shifts in 0.016 seconds

and because of that extra 0.029 seconds, the Yamaha's are unstable in the corners while shifting through the gears compared to the Honda's...

Are you shitting me? whole different level...

#32 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

Wow, that is crazy.

Since SPEED is ceasing to exist come 8/17, what channel is going to show MotoGP? F1 coverage on NBC Sports has been :bowdown: I'm hoping it moves over there...

#33 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yet while Crutchlow will be handsomely paid - rumors bandied around suggest he will receive a base salary of 2.5 million euros a season, over eight times his basic pay of 300,000 euros at Tech 3

cha-ching

#34 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

:madfawk: I no longer have a channel that shows MotoGP :madfawk:

#35 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

I think Spies is done. Injured his shoulder again on a high side :wtc:

#36 AErrorist

AErrorist

PFF1 Champion

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

I think Fox Sports 1 is showing MotoGP. At least I saw Bob Varsha there, I'll post a picture whenever I'm being not lazy.

#37 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

I think Fox Sports 1 is showing MotoGP. At least I saw Bob Varsha there, I'll post a picture whenever I'm being not lazy.

Is that the channel formerly known as Speed?

#38 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

Is that the channel formerly known as Speed?

yeap, and still shitty coverage... I will give them credit for showing all 3 races live, but cutting away to Marsha and Mamola outside at the desk during the race to talk about random shit is a massive wtf...

Spies is done, Pramac boss this weekend pretty much said he's not impressed at all... we're 10 races in and Spies has only done 2 of them...
Like I said in the beginning of the year, 2012 was Pedro's only chance at a title, this year with MM, Rossi, Cal and Lorenzo he's got no chance... last year after Casey got injured he only had to face Lorenzo, this year against 4 front runners... nope, it'll be MM or Lorenzo for the title...

Guess Hayden isn't getting a Christmas card this year :rofl:

Posted Image

#39 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

Someone broght this up on another forum... since Marc is the new hotness, everyone is comparing him to Rossi... fun fact

iIf MM wins ten races a year for the next five years winning the title every year, he will still be 30 race wins short and two title short of rossi

#40 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Someone broght this up on another forum... since Marc is the new hotness, everyone is comparing him to Rossi... fun fact

Are you comparing vs same age?

#41 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Are you comparing vs same age?

Lets compare first 6 years of premier class motorbike racing results:

Valentino:
39wins/92races = 42.4% win rate
14poles/92races = 15.2% pole rate
3 championships (125cc,250cc,500cc)

Marc, assuming he wins the championship in 2013 and all of this year's remaining races and poles each race:
38wins/96races = 39.6% win rate
40poles/96races = 41.7% pole rate
3 championships (125cc,Moto2,MotoGP)

But then again, Valentino went on to win 6 more championships out of 8 years in MotoGP after his first 6 years in the premier class. I don't think Marquez will match Valentino on the long run, but so far the results indicate he is on track to doing so.

That being said, Marquez easily beats Valentino's pole position stats even if he doesn't continue his hot streak this season, but he won't match Valentino for wins per race %.

#42 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Lets compare first 6 years of premier class motorbike racing results:

Valentino:
39wins/92races = 42.4% win rate
14poles/92races = 15.2% pole rate
3 championships (125cc,250cc,500cc)

Marc, assuming he wins the championship in 2013 and all of this year's remaining races and poles each race:
38wins/96races = 39.6% win rate
40poles/96races = 41.7% pole rate
3 championships (125cc,Moto2,MotoGP)

But then again, Valentino went on to win 6 more championships out of 8 years in MotoGP after his first 6 years in the premier class. I don't think Marquez will match Valentino on the long run, but so far the results indicate he is on track to doing so.

That being said, Marquez easily beats Valentino's pole position stats even if he doesn't continue his hot streak this season, but he won't match Valentino for wins per race %.

I hope Marc never beats Rossi, but damn...it took an injury for Jorge to beat Marc this past weekend...what a thriller at Spa!

#43 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

So according to MotoGP event organizers... Laguna is the most dangerous track on the calendar...

Valencia is the prime candidate to be dropped from the schedule, followed shortly by Laguna Seca. Laguna is 'the most dangerous track on the calendar' I was told, and the very small amount which Laguna pays to organize the MotoGP race - and hence the reason why Moto2 and Moto3 don't go there - was another reason to leave it off the calendar.

If Laguna is dangerous, I wonder how the other tracks are... I love riding at Laguna... epic track...

#44 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

According to rumors, 2014 calendar for motogp is floating round, no more Laguna :wtc:

#45 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

According to rumors, 2014 calendar for motogp is floating round, no more Laguna :wtc:

If Spain can have 3 GPs, then why can't the US? Would be a shame to see it go, but TBH I don't see why they can't sell out both COTA and Laguna. Will never sell out Indy due to the sheer size, but I think all 3 races (in 3 time zones at least!) are better than 3 races in Spain.

The only reason would be if Laguna Seca couldn't work out with local residents about noise or if they didn't want the race to be there anymore, however all indications so far have suggested that MRLS wants MotoGP to stay for '14.

#46 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

If Spain can have 3 GPs, then why can't the US? Would be a shame to see it go, but TBH I don't see why they can't sell out both COTA and Laguna. Will never sell out Indy due to the sheer size, but I think all 3 races (in 3 time zones at least!) are better than 3 races in Spain.

The only reason would be if Laguna Seca couldn't work out with local residents about noise or if they didn't want the race to be there anymore, however all indications so far have suggested that MRLS wants MotoGP to stay for '14.

Laguna doesn't make Dorna money, they pay the least out of all the tracks to host and even then, what they pay doesn't cover shipment costs of all the equipment, additionally they don't have enough space for Moto2/Moto3... it's basically a money issue followed up by no support classes...

#47 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

And Laguna is out... at least I got to go this year and hear the 1000's...
Guess I'll be going to Austin sooner or later...

#48 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

New challenge as mandatory bike swaps added to Australian GP

Saturday, 19 October 2013
For the first time in MotoGP™ history, compulsory bike changes will be required in Sunday’s Tissot Australian Grand Prix. With a new race distance of 26 laps, all riders will be required to change bikes during the race. The change came courtesy of an announcement from Race Direction after qualifying on Saturday, with Bridgestone having announced that it is unable to guarantee the safety of its rear slick tyres beyond 14 laps.

It has therefore been decided to make the following changes to the MotoGP™ class race in the interests of safety:

• The race distance will be 26 laps (previously scheduled to be 27)
  • Every rider will be required to enter the pits and change to their second machine with fresh tyres at least once during the race.
  • No rider is permitted to make more than 14 laps on any one slick rear tyre. This means that a bike/tyre change before lap 12 would require a second bike/tyre change to finish the race
  • Riders using ‘Factory’ and ‘Satellite’ machines will be required to use the ‘hard’ option tyre (B51DR). Extra quantity will be allocated by Bridgestone
  • Riders using CRT machines will be required to use the CRT ‘hard’ option tyre (B50DR). Extra quantity will be allocated by Bridgestone
  • The pit lane speed limit zone will be extended both on entry and exit and the exit route to rejoin the track will be marked by a white line in the runoff area; crossing this line whilst rejoining the track from pit lane will result in a penalty

Moto2 race will only be 13 laps as the tires are destroying themselves.

Posted Image

:eek3:

#49 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

Wow.. pretty weaksauce, Bridgestone.

#50 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

Wow.. pretty weaksauce, Bridgestone.

Even better now...

Motogp reduced to 19 laps with mandatory bike change by 10 laps because bridgestone cant guarantee their tire wont explode past 10 laps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users