1381 replies to this topic

#1 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:39 AM

Fuck yeah I get to start a long thread too.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Posted Image

#2 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:00 AM

ugh... still gutted.

#3 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:26 AM

Didn't expect that pic from an Alonso fan. :squint:

#4 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:07 AM

ugh... still gutted.

:squint:

#5 DocGolem

DocGolem

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:28 AM

Going from such highs to such lows in matters of minutes :bowdown:

#6 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:40 AM

Going from such highs to such lows in matters of seconds :bowdown:

fixed

#7 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:45 AM

right click, Adblock image...

#8 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:47 AM

fixed

:bowdown:

I was shaking and giggling at the thought of lewis losing the title... 30 seconds later, i wasn't hungry anymore :wtc:

on the bright side, at least Rossi won in MotoGP and Loeb in WRC this season... still waiting for all my drivers to win in the same season...

#9 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:56 AM

well loeb won in 2005 and 2006 too so I guess my drivers won those years

btw loeb is the greatest thing since sliced schumacher, I just wish more manufacturers would come back to wrc so it doesnt die off completely

#10 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:58 AM

Going from such highs to such lows in matters of minutes :wtc:

That race was intense. Who said F1 doesn't provide drama...

I've never seen an entire championship down to the last 2 corners. Amazing. Sad and amazing...what has Hamilton been saying in the press? I'd like to see :bowdown:

#11 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:02 PM

Going from such highs to such lows in matters of minutes :bowdown:

:wtcword:

#12 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:06 PM

David Coulthard's final race for Red Bull Racing was the main focus of attention off track – with all eyes on circuit looking simply at what Felipe Massa and Lewis Hamilton were up to.

Coulthard had thought he would be able to get through the weekend without letting the emotions of the occasion get to him – but all that went to pot when he realised as he left home at Monaco for the airport that he would be coming home as an ex-grand prix driver.

And it was fairly clear from the moment he ventured into the Interlagos paddock that it was going to be a very special occasion for him.

As well as getting team boss approval for a special one-off livery to support the Wings for Life charity foundation, Coulthard was presented with a mini race car and baby-sized overalls for his soon-to-be born son by team members at Red Bull Racing.

"Its going to be a little DC, but hopefully with a bigger willy than his father," joked Coulthard
, whose sense of humour has not been dented by years in the F1 spotlight.

#13 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:16 PM

:wtc:

i saw that this morning! DC is still funny :bowdown:

#14 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

Bruno Senna will get his first taste of Formula One machinery when he tests for the Honda Racing team later this month, it was announced on Monday.

The GP2 championship runner-up, nephew of the late three-time F1 champion Ayrton, will join Honda for the team's first test of the winter in Barcelona from 17 to 19 November.

The Brazilian, 25, will test this year's RA108 as Honda evaluate him for a possible drive for the 2009 season.

The team are yet to confirm who will partner Jenson Button in 2009, with Rubens Barrichello's future still in doubt.

"We are delighted to provide Bruno with the opportunity to test for us later this month as we continue to explore all the driver options available to us for next season," said team principal Ross Brawn.

"After an impressive year in GP2 this will be a chance for Bruno to prove that he is ready to make the step up to Formula One.

"Our objective is to have the best drivers available to us next season and our evaluation of Bruno's performance will be rigorous.

"We are looking forward to seeing how he performs. Over the next two weeks Bruno will be spending a lot of time with us at our Brackley base, working closely with our engineers and on the simulator to ensure he is fully prepared for this important test."

Senna admitted he was delighted about the opportunity.

"I am obviously very excited about being given my first Formula One test and to have that opportunity with Honda is a dream come true," he said. "Although I am still only in my fourth year of motor racing, I have wanted to test an F1 car for a very long time and I feel that I am ready for that challenge.

"I have already spent some time at the factory in Brackley and have enjoyed meeting the team and working with the engineers to prepare for this test. Everyone has been very supportive and it is particularly special for me to have the chance to work with Ross Brawn.

"I'm excited about getting in the car in two weeks' time but I know this is a big opportunity so I want to learn as much as I can before I get to Barcelona. I hope to show the team what I can do, so it's up to me now to do a good job."

#15 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:32 PM

i saw that this morning! DC is still funny :bowdown:

:wtc:

I think during the race after he was out, he said something about a long the lines of "I started my career with Williams and it's a fitting that a Williams ended my career!" :D

The F1 party at the bar bursted into laughter, lol.

#16 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:16 PM

I think during the race after he was out, he said something about a long the lines of "I started my career with Williams and it's a fitting that a Williams ended my career!" :wtc:

The F1 party at the bar bursted into laughter, lol.

I'm really happy to see DC retire. He wasn't always up there on my list of fav. drivers, but as a commentator, I can't wait to see him in action. :biggthumb:

#17 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

Five-time world rally champion Sebastien Loeb will drive for Red Bull Racing in an official Formula One test at Barcelona later this month.

The Frenchman, who sealed his fifth successive title in Japan on Sunday, will have a preliminary shake down at Silverstone prior to the test in Spain.

Loeb drove Renault's F1 car in a demonstration test at Paul Ricard last year and is no stranger to circuit racing, having driven Pescarolo's LMP1 car in the Le Mans 24 Hours in 2005 and 2006.

He is looking forward to the more serious Red Bull outings, which have been arranged through his Citroen WRC team's partnership with the energy drinks firm.

"I'm absolutely delighted by this present from Red Bull to celebrate my fifth title," he said. "I already got the chance to test a Formula One car last year, but this time the circumstances will be a little different.

"I'm now going to find myself in the midst of all the regular F1 drivers during an official test. I just hope that I don't make a fool of myself!

"I'd like to clear up any speculation about me possibly switching to F1 next year, I'm definitely going to be driving a Citroen C4 WRC in the World Rally Championship."

omg... all my drivers will be in an F1 car over winter break...
Kimi, Rossi and now Loeb :bowdown:

#18 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

i cant wait to start seeing the new cars...

#19 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

Dennis hints at revised McLaren role

Ron DennisMcLaren boss Ron Dennis has hinted that he will move aside as team principal to take an active role in a new McLaren sportscar project.

He considered the possibility of stepping aside to focus on other responsibilities within the McLaren Group last winter, but decided to commit to one more season.

Now he says his role may change over the coming months, but insists that he will still attend races next season.

"Nothing that will unfold over the next few months will be as a result of yesterday," said Dennis, speaking in a press conference on Monday.

"I have still got several ambitions I want to fulfill, but you will most definitely see me at Grands Prix and it is something I like too much to take out of my life. You will see me on the pitwall, I will be at races.

"I think over the next few months I will make it abundantly clear what I am doing and why I am doing it, but it would have taken place no matter what. Don't read too much into it."

McLaren will shortly launch a production car programme and Dennis says that diversity is vital for the future of the company, and that he is eager to be involved in that.

"It's very close to being publicly launched," he said. "Obviously this economic situation makes life very difficult when you are trying to raise the capital it requires, but the programme is extremely advanced and this is something I have got as much passion for as the F1 car.

"My role will broaden in some aspects and reduce in others. I have believed passionately in the need for a Grand Prix team to diversify and it is not by accident that McLaren is a group of companies, we do intend to try to match the success of Ferrari and to do that we cannot just be a Grand Prix team.

"We want as broad a possible a base for the company, not just the race but also making sportscars. We want to be bigger and better than just a Grand Prix team - it's critical to survival.

"If you go back in history you can see clear examples of teams who have stayed unique to F1 who have just failed. You cannot sustain an F1 team indefinitely, you need to diversify."

:bowdown: at McLaren attempting to be Ferrari... but i hope they build some cool cars, but im sure they will be soul less if Dennis touches them

#20 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

omg... all my drivers will be in an F1 car over winter break...
Kimi, Rossi and now Loeb :o

He can now race for STR, as his name is Sebastian.

#21 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:48 AM

who does not belong...
photo from the Yamaha WSBK launch gathering this weekend i believe...

Posted Image

#22 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:02 AM

Schumi b/c he should be on a Ducati? :o

#23 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:06 AM

ducati is totally gay

#24 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:15 AM

ugh... still gutted.

god, same here. i got so excited when vettel got ahead of hamilton. sigh

#25 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:44 AM

So Toyota is launching on 16th of January, BMW on the 20th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users