• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#26 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

awwww poor piquet

NOT

#27 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

Nelson needs to learn something (ala Alonso)
&
Nelson needs to step away from his dad... dude is killing his career...

Let's by honest, if it wasn't for his dad, he wouldn't have a career.

#28 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:49 PM

Boobens and Jenson taking up comedy. :bowdown:

When asked if he would be the 'villain' by winning the Brazilian Grand Prix in front of Barrichello's home crowd, Button answered: "Rubens beat me in Silverstone, in my home country, and I would like to do the same to him here. It is a nice feeling when you get beaten by your team-mate in your own country."

"Not," Barrichello promptly replied.

#29 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

Let's by honest, if it wasn't for his dad, he wouldn't have a career.

good call on that one...

#30 Dazed1

Dazed1

Formula 3

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:01 PM

Hopefully MGM at Vegas has this race in their sports betting places. Leaving tomorrow morning :bowdown:

#31 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

Hopefully MGM at Vegas has this race in their sports betting places. Leaving tomorrow morning :bowdown:

They do.

If they don't just tell them you have money on it. They'll put it on.

#32 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Hopefully MGM at Vegas has this race in their sports betting places. Leaving tomorrow morning :run:

:bowdown:

Put 20 on skittle while you're there too.

#33 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:15 AM

Pretty fucking punk ass to not support your teammate in a situation like this. It's not like they have a louise/emo hatefest going on.

Suck it up, swallow your pride, help your teammate.

I highly doubt anyone in F1 would do that in this day and age. He said last GP he'd help Red Bull as much as possible - sounds like he was taking the piss..

Eh, I still think the team orders shit is garbage.

If it wasn't for Team Orders, Kimi wouldn't have won in 07 when he clearly wasn't really the best driver.... that honor going to either Lewis or Alonso.

Between this and MW's refusal to move from Flav's management company, perhaps there's more going on behind the scenes at RBR and/or with Webbo than we know... like maybe he's already been giving his end-of-season walking papers by RB, for whatever reason.

Didn't Webber say he was going without management from here on in and Red Bull has already re-signed him for a 1(?) year contract?

#34 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:30 AM

Brazilian GP - A chance meeting
http://www.ferrari.c...ce_meeting.aspx

Sao Paulo, 16 October - Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso came across one another in the Interlagos circuit paddock in the break between the two free practice sessions for the Brazilian Grand Prix, the penultimate round of the 2009 Formula 1 World Championship. After being absent from the race tracks for over two months, the Brazilian was back at his home circuit to support his team. The two future team mates spoke briefly, Alonso wishing Felipe a speedy recovery and the Brazilian wishing Fernando all the best for his new future.

The relationship between the two drivers seems the same as ever and this chance meeting shows how unfounded are the current rumours regarding bad feeling between them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

Posted Image

Game, Set and Match.

#36 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:47 AM

Webber has also clarified reports suggesting that he is unwilling to support Vettel's title bid, saying that he will do whatever he ca to help the team.

"If I can help Red Bull, of course I will," said Webber. "I was asked what would happen in a certain situation and what I could have said is that I will do whatever to help the team. But what I actually said was that I doubt the situation would arise - and I still do now.

"The race is long and to do a perfect grand prix for the right situation is not that straightforward. I that does happen, then we will do what we can do.

"But I am getting out of bed thinking about getting the best result for me because that's what I've got to do. If I can help Red Bull, I can do it."

#37 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

i don't get the hate on jenson. he kicked ass early in the season and after he'd won six races everyone here and elsewhere was saying he's got the title wrapped up if he just keeps finishing in the points. that's what he's been doing. he gained a sizeable lead and then he nursed it. of course rubens is quicker cause he's pushing to catch up. jenson is doing exactly what he should be doing. finishing races and taking no risks. he's been on top of his shit all season and he deserves the championship.

#38 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

I was one of the people saying he had it wrapped up, but that doesn't mean I think he's good :bowdown: if it was his first year in F1 everyone would be praising him and his downturn in the second half could be put down to inexperience etc. As it stands though he's just the DH/JV type of guy, right place at right time. Not really hate, but I feel a bit vindicated after Brundle's comments earlier in the season that Jens was the most complete driver atm.

#39 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

i don't get the hate on jenson. he kicked ass early in the season and after he'd won six races everyone here and elsewhere was saying he's got the title wrapped up if he just keeps finishing in the points. that's what he's been doing. he gained a sizeable lead and then he nursed it. of course rubens is quicker cause he's pushing to catch up. jenson is doing exactly what he should be doing. finishing races and taking no risks. he's been on top of his shit all season and he deserves the championship.

I don't think he's finishing races and not taking risks because he's trying to nurse his points lead...
I think the rest of the teams have caught up with car development and Jenson's early season advantage has been taken away, moving his results to where they have always been...

if anything, he had more of a chance with his points lead to take risks in the beginning, now near the end he HAS to nurse the points if he wants the championship...

what race driver would win the first 6 races then think "that's enough, 11 races to go, I'll just hang back..."

this season, the car won him the championship, pretty much anyone in that car had a chance to win the title...
Jenson and Rubens have been first and second in the standing since the first race, two people that have been in F1 for basically 8 years minimum and have never challenged for a title... before this season they barely had wins under their belt...

#40 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:06 PM

Grosjean is fast, you can't deny it. Only took him 12 mins of running to bin it.

#41 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

and just to clarify
if Jenson wins it cool, good for him...but it's because he had the best equipment for the first part of the season... he's no Alonso, Lewis, Kimi, Shummi etc...
I'm more impressed with Brawn winning the WCC than Jenson winning the WDC...

#42 HighTachPres

HighTachPres

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:fast cars and fast girls

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

rain wknd :bowdown:

#43 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

zzzzzz cmon quali

#44 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:01 PM

Howett to BBC during quali: Kimi's managers asked for more money :bowrofl:

#45 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

lol go bubens

fred and skittle ;(

#46 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

:bowrofl:

#47 mads

mads

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

nice championship clinching, jenson button

#48 More&Faster

More&Faster

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

what a session. so much disappointment with jense but so amused with vettel and hammy :bowrofl:

i love the race in brazil

#49 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

i had set my dvr to record the qualifying and added an extra hour just in case...even with that, I never got to Q3 :(

should be interesting tomorrow, Rubens in P1 and Jenson P14 :bowrofl:

Vettel is pretty much out :(

#50 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

Howett to BBC during quali: Kimi's managers asked for more money :bowrofl:

if he goes to toy yoda I'll disown him...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users