2253 replies to this topic

#2201 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

I agree, asking for a raise after winning the championship isn't too much to ask for...
but I'd also think about the team and realize that 1 year ago nothing was there and if i want to stay at a team like brawn, maybe giving up a few $$$ to get a better car next season so i stand a chance to fight for back to back, might be a better option...

That's Brawn's point, from what I read.

I think they'll settle somewhere in the 10 million mark, a compromise between Button's old salary of 13, but twice his current $5 mil paycheck. That extra $3 mil could go pretty far in terms of the car and development.

#2202 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

In other news: New Yas Marina circuit should be boring........... as if that was a surprise.

Drivers must 'respect' Abu Dhabi track

By Jonathan Noble Monday, October 26th 2009, 12:56 GMT

The Abu Dhabi circuitFormula 1 drivers will need to treat the new Abu Dhabi track with the same respect that circuits like Spa-Francorchamps and Suzuka have, even though it does not have the same kind of classic high-speed challenges.

That is the view of former grand prix drivers David Coulthard and Martin Brundle, who think that the track has hidden charms that do not come to light from simply looking at pictures or a circuit map.

In particular, both men feel that the decision to replace now traditional long run-off areas with widespread use of Tecpro barriers has changed the feel of the track - and means mistakes will be heavily punished.

When asked by AUTOSPORT for his feeling on the track following a recent try-out in two-seater F1 cars, Coulthard said: "The big surprise first of all is that it has a real street-circuit feel to it.

"You mentally get so used to all the modern tracks getting more and more run off, and then in Abu Dhabi suddenly the run offs are really short because of this Tecpro Barrier. You look at it and think, 'that doesn't look like much run-off'.

"Yet, I would happily trundle around Monaco and not even think about run-off. You always get used to a level of comfort and suddenly, if it is not there, you think about it - but does it actually affect your ability to do your work and the rest of it? It doesn't.

"So, I think there will be a few of the drives saying, 'this looks a bit tight'. But in many ways, they have got used to having tracks with lots of run off and you go to Suzuka, which is a track with not a lot of run-off, and kids are throwing it in the wall.

"I actually think we need an element of that in Formula 1 to maintain respect for the people out of the car - that if you drop it you are going to have a big shunt.

"Also for the drivers, there has to be a penalty for going off a circuit. It should not be a big crash that ends up hurting you, but there has to be a price to pay. And I think this track has redefined the FIA safety standards because of the safety barriers."

Brundle added: "I think it's good. What is refreshing is that it is not a car park with delineated kerbs. You can still whack the barriers there.

"Like at Suzuka, if you make a mistake then you pay the price. Those that didn't [in Japan] looked awesome didn't they? The real stars to me were showing up in Suzuka because it was bloody tough and hard for then - and Abu Dhabi if you make a mistake you will be in the wall.

"It is nice, because in some areas everything else is done to excess, that they have not created acres of run off and supermarket car park zones."

The challenge of the new Yas Marina circuit is also increased by the unique pitlane exit tunnel – which swings through a tight sharp-left at the bottom of a tunnel.

Coulthard thinks the solution is not ideal, but feels that fears of it being a massive problem are going too far.

Coulthard said: "That sort of thing, you can look at it and say it is challenging, but the bottom line is that it is actually a bit silly. It is the width of a car and it is a 90-degree left at the bottom of a tunnel after a blind hill.

"It is one of the things - the FIA stipulates this amount of run-off everywhere around the track but they don't specify pit in and pit out. So you could say let's put some landmines in the wall! It is a bit silly.

"Will we know that? No, because there won't be a camera there. Could there be an incident? Yes. Will there be? Probably not. It is one of those things that if you practice it all day you could probably pick up half a second, but in the overall scheme of things, is that half a second going to make a difference between winning or losing the grand prix?

"If it was really tight of course it could, but probably it will not. So I would err on the side of caution, having found out very early in my career just how costly pit-ins and pit-outs can be! I only made that mistake once."

Although the Yas Marina track features long straights and tight corners to try and improve overtaking – the presence of sand may well be the limiting factor in allowing drivers to pass each other.

"It is very dirty offline," said Coulthard. "I think the only place that might be good for overtaking is down into the first hairpin, and then out of there and down the back straight.

"I think all the stuff around the hotel is just follow-me, it is so tight and twisty.
But I think people might go off line in that triple right hander before the hotel, and perhaps go off track there.

"It is similar to Bahrain and that corner behind the pits. There are lots of similarities to lots of other tracks, but it does seem to flow. A lot of modern tracks just don't seem to flow at all, but this does quite well."

F1 hopeful Bruno Senna, who has also lapped the track in a two-seater F1 car, echoed his concerns that sand may well be a limiting factor in allowing drivers to race.

[b]"I think there is one thing that goes against it which is the fact that it's going to be very dusty offline, really, really dusty," said the Brazilian. "So unless they clean the track very well maybe overtaking could be difficult[b] - but it will be possible."

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/79773

#2203 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • Interests:F1, racing, women, steak, running, cycling.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:48 PM

Final deadline passes for Donington

The Donington Park circuit appeared to move further away from its plans to host the 2010 British Grand Prix after the final deadline to sort its financial planning passed on Monday.

The circuit had until midday today to solve the financial situation after admitting on Friday that efforts to raise a £135 million bond had failed. The deadline passed without news from the circuit.

However, the 2010 British Grand Prix was dropped from the official Donington website.

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is already in talks with Silverstone in order to reach a deal for the British race to be on the calendar next year.

BRDC president Damon Hill said on Monday that he was optimistic an agreement would be reached, but he made it clear Silverstone would not accept a deal that would hurt the track.

"I'm confident a deal can be worked out. The contract can be of any combination of years, but it has to be affordable," Hill told the BBC.

"There's a huge desire to get the deal done, but we're not prepared to put [Silverstone] at risk financially."

hard to imagine no british GP :(

#2204 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

hard to imagine no british and french GP :(

fixed.

you've basically removed all of the history of pre-war grand prix racing by doing so.

#2205 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

fixed.

you've basically removed all of the history of pre-war grand prix racing by doing so.

perhaps F1 calender can be used to predict the next world war participant :p :( :tinfoilhat:

#2206 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

fixed.

i know a lot of people don't like Magny-Cours, but that's one of my favorite tracks on my f1 game...

#2207 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

perhaps F1 calender can be used to predict the next world war participant :o :( :tinfoilhat:

:p

Magny-Cours might not be the best F1 track pre-2005 era. But with all the crappy tracks that are setup now, Magny-Cours has easily become one of the highlights :o

#2208 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

:(

Magny-Cours might not be the best F1 track pre-2005 era. But with all the crappy tracks that are setup now, Magny-Cours has easily become one of the highlights :o

Valencia and Singapore (minus the night factor) manages to make Magny-Cours look exciting :p

#2209 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:52 PM

i know a lot of people don't like Magny-Cours, but that's one of my favorite tracks on my f1 game...

It is an awesome track in F1 championchip edition....staying balanced on that big curving straight :(

#2210 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:17 AM

Posted Image

#2211 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

lol

#2212 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

Posted Image

#2213 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image

"yeah Seb, ya like that dont ya? you dirty girl"

#2214 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

slightly off topic but...

VALENTINO ROSSI STATISTICS FOLLOWING HIS NINTH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE

In 2010 Valentino Rossi has continued to grow his legend and cement his place in the history of Grand Prix Motorcycle Racing. The Italian's ninth career title is his seventh in the premier-class and his fourth since joining Yamaha in 2004. Here are some more statistics from the fourteenth season of his career:

-Rossi has now matched Mike Hailwood and Carlo Ubbiali with nine titles in all classes. Only Agostini with 15 has more.

-Rossi's win in Assen this season made him only the second rider in history to take 100 wins in all classes. Rossi now has 103, 19 less than Agostini's all-time record of 122.

-He already held the all-time premier class victories record, having beaten Agostini's tally at Indianapolis in 2008. He now a premier-class win tally of 77.
Rossi's win this season in Brno saw him take the all-time podium record with his 160th podium in all classes. He is also the only rider to have stood on the podium in the premier-class more than 100 times. Today's podium was his 163rd in all classes.

With 44 wins from 102 races since he joined the Japanese factory in 2004, Rossi is the most successful Yamaha rider of all time. He has 21 more wins than Kenny Roberts, Yamaha's next most successful rider.

Today's title means he has now won more titles for Yamaha than for any of the other manufacturers he has ridden for in his career.

His win at Misano, Italy this year was his 11th win in all classes on home soil.

He is the only rider in history to have won at least one GP in 14 successive seasons.

Rossi remains the only rider to win the premier-class title on four different types of motorcycle: 500cc 4-cylinder two-stroke, 990cc 5-cylinder four-stroke, Yamaha 990cc 4-cylinder four-stroke and a Yamaha 800cc 4-cylinder four-stroke.

Rossi has never missed a GP since his 125cc debut in 1996. He has started 226 successive races in all classes, 166 of which have been in the premier class. Both of these are records.

#2215 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:41 PM

Kobayashi is filling in for Timo WinkelGlock at Yas. I hope he gets a seat next year, but I also hope Timo isn't going to get shuffled off..

#2216 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:02 PM

but I also hope Timo isn't going to get shuffled off..

Sometimes I feel the same way, then I remember brasil '08.

#2217 kngrsll

kngrsll

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

Sometimes I feel the same way, then I remember brasil '08.

:werd:

#2218 MrHahn

MrHahn

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:12 AM

I can't forget brasil '08 so no, fuck him.

fixed.

#2219 TimzSI

TimzSI

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

HAHA, I wasn't even thinking about that. Mclaren should serve him up a fucking seat. :bigthumb: Actually...thats not a bad idea... Mercedes wants a german badly, and Hammy doesn't want someone trying to off him, and he's cheap, too. I think Timo would be a great fit at Mclaren. haha.

Its so tempting to take that final chicane at high speed @ Magny Cours on F1:CE.

#2220 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

A survey, completed by Arabian Business.com has revealed that drivers this year earned in the region of US $130m between them. While some of the figures are generally well documented, the report claims that 2007 world champion Kimi Raikkonen pulled in an astonishing $45m, or 35% of the total for the whole field.

Lewis Hamilton is about to complete the second season of his five-year McLaren Mercedes contract and earns a reported $18m with Fernando Alonso next up on $15m this year with Renault. The 2005/6 champion is off to Ferrari next season, despite agreeing a two-year deal to remain with the Anglo-French team in December 2008.

Jenson Button we know took a pay cut from a rumoured $12m in 2008 and is listed this year at $5m with the championship winning Brawn Mercedes team. Other notables include Brawn team-mate Rubens Barrichello on $1m, while team-backed drivers such as Romain Grosjean and Kazuki Nakajima are not actually paid to race - although one assumes they get something for their efforts.

As ever, the figures are all but impossible to verify, but it still makes interesting reading...

2009 driver salaries – US $ (m)
1 . K. Raikkonen - Ferrari F60 - 45
2 . L. Hamilton - McLaren Mercedes MP4-24 - 18
3 . F. Alonso - Renault R29 - 15
4 . N. Rosberg - Williams Toyota FW31 - 8.5
5 . F. Massa - Ferrari F60 - 8
6 . J. Trulli - Toyota TF109 - 6.5
7 . S. Vettel - Red Bull Renault RB5 - 6
8 . M. Webber - Red Bull Renault RB5 - 5.5
9 . J. Button - Brawn Mercedes BGP 001 - 5
10 . R. Kubica - BMW Sauber F1.09 - 4.5
11 . H. Kovalainen - McLaren Mercedes MP4-24 - 3.5
12 . N. Heidfeld - BMW Sauber F1.09 - 2.8
13 . G. Fisichella - Ferrari F60 - 1.5
14 . S. Buemi - Toro Rosso Ferrari STR4 - 1.5
15 . R. Barrichello - Brawn Mercedes BGP 001 - 1
16 . J. Alguersuari - Toro Rosso Ferrari STR4 - 0.5
17 . A. Sutil - Force India Mercedes VJM02 - 0
18 . K. Kobayashi - Toyota TF109 - 0
19 . V. Liuzzi - Force India Mercedes VJM02 - 0
20 . R. Grosjean - Renault R29 - 0

And the dude doesn't want to do 12 press days a year? :werd:

#2221 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

HAHA, I wasn't even thinking about that. Mclaren should serve him up a fucking seat. :bigthumb: Actually...thats not a bad idea... Mercedes wants a german badly, and Hammy doesn't want someone trying to off him, and he's cheap, too. I think Timo would be a great fit at Mclaren. haha.

Its so tempting to take that final chicane at high speed @ Magny Cours on F1:CE.

He's a bigger asset as a mole on another team.

They should just give Nick the fucking seat already.

#2222 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

And the dude doesn't want to do 12 press days a year? :werd:

I like how Force India doesn't pay either driver :wtc:

#2223 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

rough calculation...
kimi makes ~ $44,000 per race lap*

*1013 laps this season, not counting practice or qauli...

#2224 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

I like how Force India doesn't pay either driver :werd:

and still makes them do the gayest promo stuff.

#2225 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

I like how Force India doesn't pay either driver :werd:

I'm sure they get paid something, just not enough to round up. :x

Then again i'd work for 'only' 100k and pose shirtless for homo promos if i got to drive an F1 car. :wtc:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users