#1 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:05 AM

Jun.5 (GMM) Ferrari's president has back-paddled on his reported call for embattled FIA president Max Mosley to step down over the sex scandal.

The famous Italian marque has been traditionally aligned with the Paris based federation, but - following Mosley's survival at a confidence vote this week - Luca di Montezemolo was quoted as effectively calling for the 68-year-old to now quit.

"I think that he should realise that sometimes it is necessary to say to yourself 'I have to leave for reasons of credibility'," he told Bloomberg TV.

But on Thursday, Ferrari issued a clarification attributed to Montezemolo, who is also chairman of the Italian manufacturer Fiat.

"I am happy that Max Mosley has been re-elected president of the FIA," the 60-year-old Italian said.

"He has done excellent work for formula one in recent years. With regard to the future, it will be entirely up to him to decide if and when he should take a step back."

yep threat title.....

#2 tefnut

tefnut

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:35 PM

Ugh, seems like Montezemolo is swaying under the pressure of political bullshit. I had more respect for him than that, he seemed like a guy who spoke his mind.

#3 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:08 AM

Ugh, seems like Montezemolo is swaying under the pressure of political bullshit. I had more respect for him than that, he seemed like a guy who spoke his mind.

yeah I really thought he was a bit more gun ho then this. He's the president of Ferrari! I really didn't think he would buck under this kind of pressure.

#4 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

yeah I really thought he was a bit more gun ho then this. He's the president of Ferrari! I really didn't think he would buck under this kind of pressure.

TBH, I've never liked him at all. He spoke his mind, but the point's he always made were irrelevant. Esp during the Stephanygate, I thought the way he played his role was very unimpressive.

Add that MS wasn't too happy about him, I don't have many reasons to like the guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users