283 replies to this topic

#1 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

Red Bull threatening to quit the sport over the flow sensors.

Uhh...I care when manufacturers quit the sport, but I don't give a shit if an energy drinks company quits. Who do they think they are? Lol.

#2 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

Red Bull threatening to quit the sport over the flow sensors.

Uhh...I care when manufacturers quit the sport, but I don't give a shit if an energy drinks company quits. Who do they think they are? Lol.

:mamoru: Apparently they think F1 needs RBR

#3 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

I'll let Dietrich slide on this one, RBR provided a great counter-balance to the manufacturers fleeing during the recession.

F1 doesn't need RBR now, but F1 really needed that positive story in '09.

#4 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Most obvious bluff ever from Matershits

#5 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:18 AM

I read the autosport report on what they are going to bring to the FIA about the flow sensors and it does make it seem they have a leg to stand on.
Regulation says not to have a flow more than 100l per hour or what ever it is which according to red bull they kept below... So that was followed.
Charlie Whiting gave a directive in Australia to use the fubared system as it was still within operating standards... But technically that's a suggestion from race direction, not an actual rule or regulation.

Wonder if RBR will get it overturned and if Ric will be put back into 2nd.

#6 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:38 AM

I read the autosport report on what they are going to bring to the FIA about the flow sensors and it does make it seem they have a leg to stand on.
Regulation says not to have a flow more than 100l per hour or what ever it is which according to red bull they kept below... So that was followed.
Charlie Whiting gave a directive in Australia to use the fubared system as it was still within operating standards... But technically that's a suggestion from race direction, not an actual rule or regulation.

Wonder if RBR will get it overturned and if Ric will be put back into 2nd.

RBR says they didn't go over 100 based on their own calculations and sensors, the FIA claims they did several times, based on the sensor they issued the teams, and warned RBR each time. I'm going with a no win on this one.

#7 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

:mamoru: Apparently they think F1 needs RBR

F1 needs RBR's money.

They fund the highest placed (and financed) team on the grid and a second team. And they're double world champions 4 times over.

Them just walking would look bad, especially at the seeming peak of their dominance.

#8 cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive

GP2

• F1 Crew Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

F1 needs RBR's money.

They fund the highest placed (and financed) team on the grid and a second team. And they're double world champions 4 times over.

Them just walking would look bad, especially at the seeming peak of their dominance.

I think the real power in the mix is Renault. F1 cannot afford to lose an engine manufacturer, and it's not as if Renault's non Red Bull teams are performing in a way commensurate with Renault's investment.

#9 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

3 races in and I'm not impressed at all with this season... And the cars looking and sounding like complete shit (I'm never going to change my opinion on the sound, they are just like Indy cars which I hate as well) isn't even my biggest gripe. The Renault and Ferrari power units are at a severe disadvantage especially the Renault. In watching qualifying when they showed the telemetry I only saw the Renault powered cars hit 12k RPM once or twice for a very brief period of time, and they are spending the majority of their time in the 10 - 11k range. I never saw a telemetry display of a Mercedes powered team this week, but in the past couple races I've seen them in the 13 - 14k range. If this is because of the 100l/h limit, maybe they should just get rid of that and just have the limit be the actual fuel load. This is the pinnacle of motorsports let them fucking race!

#10 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Merc turbo design sounds interesting. Wonder how long it'll take to get into road going cars.

#11 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:00 AM

I think the real power in the mix is Renault. F1 cannot afford to lose an engine manufacturer, and it's not as if Renault's non Red Bull teams are performing in a way commensurate with Renault's investment.

Renault's position is pretty weak, compared to any other time, given that Honda is entering the picture next year.

#12 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:02 AM

3 races in and I'm not impressed at all with this season... And the cars looking and sounding like complete shit (I'm never going to change my opinion on the sound, they are just like Indy cars which I hate as well) isn't even my biggest gripe. The Renault and Ferrari power units are at a severe disadvantage especially the Renault. In watching qualifying when they showed the telemetry I only saw the Renault powered cars hit 12k RPM once or twice for a very brief period of time, and they are spending the majority of their time in the 10 - 11k range. I never saw a telemetry display of a Mercedes powered team this week, but in the past couple races I've seen them in the 13 - 14k range. If this is because of the 100l/h limit, maybe they should just get rid of that and just have the limit be the actual fuel load. This is the pinnacle of motorsports let them fucking race!

The Ferrari is supposedly the most fuel efficient car, so it SHOULD have the highest RPM limit if it's fuel flow restricted.

#13 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

So Dom is stepping down but his replacement isn't Flava Flav, I am dissapointed.

#14 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

Well didn't see that coming 2 races in...
Do we know anything about his replacement except he was head of Ferrari NA (or something along those lines)... any race background?

#15 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Well didn't see that coming 2 races in...
Do we know anything about his replacement except he was head of Ferrari NA (or something along those lines)... any race background?

A businessman, paper pusher. Zero racing pedigree. Obviously not the person that is needed right now at Scuderia Ferrari.

http://joesaward.wor...arco-mattiacci/

I'd bet there are daily care packages arriving from Maranello at Ross Brawn's doorstep right about now, begging him to come out of retirement.

#16 Shi

Shi

Administrator

• F1 Crew Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  • Interests:Vehicle dynamics, trackdays, motorsports

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Besides the noise I'm liking F1 2014 a lot.

Hopefully this new guy at Ferrari manages to put together a good team around him.

#17 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

<br />A businessman, paper pusher.  Zero racing pedigree.  Obviously not the person that is needed right now at Scuderia Ferrari.<br /><br /><a href='http://joesaward.wor...arco-mattiacci/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://joesaward.wor...ttiacci/</a><br /><br /><br />I'd bet there are daily care packages arriving from Maranello at Ross Brawn's doorstep right about now, begging him to come out of retirement.<br />

Flavio was a businessman before a racer and that worked out pretty well. For the most part anyways, you know except for that fixing a race bit near the end.

#18 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

Flavio was a businessman before a racer and that worked out pretty well. For the most part anyways, you know except for that fixing a race bit near the end.

Flavio was successful because he was able to put together the right technical staff and keep the money flowing in to maintain the R&D. It could be said that Ferrari does not have to contend with the latter problem, though I could be wrong and this guy might be able to put together a really solid technical squad. However with the timing, it feels more to me like a stopgap until they can find someone to fill the spot.

While we're on the subject of speculating, maybe Domenicali wasn't cracking the whip hard enough, and that's why he had to be let go.

#19 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Flavio was successful because he was able to put together the right technical staff and keep the money flowing in to maintain the R&D. It could be said that Ferrari does not have to contend with the latter problem, though I could be wrong and this guy might be able to put together a really solid technical squad. However with the timing, it feels more to me like a stopgap until they can find someone to fill the spot.

While we're on the subject of speculating, maybe Domenicali wasn't cracking the whip hard enough, and that's why he had to be let go.

Both Ferrari and Ducati doing some major shakeup's this year... Philip Morris must be looking at their wallets lately...

#20 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Totally agree this guy is a stopgap.

Flavio absolutely enabled and willed his team to success...twice. Leadership is its own skill and not related, at all, to technical prowess. Having a background in the subject is certainly a huge asset, but is not necessary for success. That's exactly what makes Ross great...he is a fantastic technical mind and a powerful organizational leader.

For every Ford, Eisenhower, Gates, and Brawn there's a Rockefeller, Teddy Roosevelt, Steve Jobs, or Flavio - men that led organizations to great success without expertise in underlying disciplines.

#21 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

Totally agree this guy is a stopgap.

Flavio absolutely enabled and willed his team to success...twice. Leadership is its own skill and not related, at all, to technical prowess. Having a background in the subject is certainly a huge asset, but is not necessary for success. That's exactly what makes Ross great...he is a fantastic technical mind and a powerful organizational leader.

For every Ford, Eisenhower, Gates, and Brawn there's a Rockefeller, Teddy Roosevelt, Steve Jobs, or Flavio - men that led organizations to great success without expertise in underlying disciplines.

Well put...this might be what this guy is bringing to the table. But I too think he's a stop-gap.

I wasn't surprised at all by the news this morning...I think Stefano was too easy and he was probably too loyal to Massa far too long. And whatever their aero issues is, they need to get a grip on that. This is 3 years in a row that the data does not match the performance on track while often blaming miscalculations and what not...

Perhaps they're still trying to get Flava Flav to work for Ferrari? :noes: Would love to see his chest hairs again around the paddock again, lol.

#22 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

RBR seems to have fully admitted that following the FIA's orders in Aussie-land would have cost them 2nd place...

Mercedes pushing hard for the FIA to drop the hammer on RBR hard.

http://blog.axisofov...asted-cold.html

#23 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

This is 3 years in a row that the data does not match the performance on track while often blaming miscalculations and what not...

Haven't they been using Toyotas wind tunnel for the past few years to make sure they have accurate data until they finished fixing their own tunnel this year?

#24 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:31 AM

Also of news this week... New back marker/grid filler team has been given the FIA F1 license to operate. Team Haas from the US will be putting more moving chicanes in the races as soon as next year.

#25 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:09 AM

Also of news this week... New back marker/grid filler team has been given the FIA F1 license to operate. Team Haas from the US will be putting more moving chicanes in the races as soon as next year.

But they will be 'murican chicanes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users