Is Red Bull going to run away with the chip? :noes:

#2 DrDickAction

DrDickAction

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Is Perez out? Wouldn't mind seeing Gutierrez.

#3 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Is Perez out? Wouldn't mind seeing Gutierrez.

i think it was just to give perez an extra day to recover. expect to see him back in the car today.

#4 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#5 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

same old shit.. without the RBR cars this might be an interesting race.

#6 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

After watching quali this morning, I realized I don't remember even seeing this race last year. I have no opinion on anything right now :rofl:

#7 vietlol

vietlol

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

vettel dq for not enough plank

hopefully

#8 yonson

yonson

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to bore you with...

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

First race I haven't watched in years... Couldn't DVR it because I won't be home until next Friday, from the sounds of it I didn't miss anything...

#9 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Serious snooze fest. I'm wondering if the massive hang over made this race worse than it actually was...

#10 _R_

_R_

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

probably why I don't remember last years race.... this was a parade... *yawn*

#11 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

probably why I don't remember last years race.... this was a parade... *yawn*

Basically if there was no Vettel it would have been a mildly interesting race.

#12 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

With all the decent fights, that really should have been more interesting than it was.

#13 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

Basically if there was no Vettel it would have been a mildly interesting race.

With all the decent fights, that really should have been more interesting than it was.

:werd:

It was a good race behind Vettel. But Vettel having a big car advantage really sours the season. I really want Alonso to win this thing...I just love how much he doesn't give an inch, even if he doesn't have the fastest car on the grid. He has grown on me this season. :hs:

#14 chiuey

chiuey

Formula 1

• F1 Crew Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Running, Wakeboarding & Karts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

:werd:

It was a good race behind Vettel. But Vettel having a big car advantage really sours the season. I really want Alonso to win this thing...I just love how much he doesn't give an inch, even if he doesn't have the fastest car on the grid. He has grown on me this season. :hs:

As much as I would LOVE to see someone else win the chip this yr other than Vettel, Alonso is the LAST person I want to see win it.

#15 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

As much as I would LOVE to see someone else win the chip this yr other than Vettel, Alonso is the LAST person I want to see win it.

It's hard to deny that he's been the best driver this season.

#16 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

It's hard to deny that he's been the best driver this season.

A bit of a reach, but Fred is the only driver that would have scored a point in every single round of the championship this year had it not been for being hit by other drivers on the opening lap. Kimi had 1 no points race in China, Seb had one in Malaysia.

Basically though it comes down to quali pace. Seb starts in front, never really makes a mistake at the start and therefore is never in risk of being Maldonadoed or Grosjeaned. If he was starting down in 4-5th then it would be quite a different story. Credit the guy and his consistency though, he is pretty much always able to deliver in Q3 and on the start/opening lap. That being said, I'd like to see him for once start not on the top 2 rows alongside Fred and see who makes it to the top step by the end of the race. I'm not sure I could say which one would come out ahead in that situation TBH.

Side note, the only two drivers that have scored in every race since Hungary: Kimi Raikkonen and, wait for it...

Felipe Massa :eek3:

Then again, Kimi is the only one that has scored in every race since Bahrain :cool:. Too bad that Lotus is shit in a straightline and can't pass anyone on a Tilkedrome. Actually the Lotus can't seem to pass on any track since nobody dares to go off line in the turns due to marbles.

#17 Redliner

Redliner

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

A bit of a reach, but Fred is the only driver that would have scored a point in every single round of the championship this year had it not been for being hit by other drivers on the opening lap. Kimi had 1 no points race in China, Seb had one in Malaysia.

Basically though it comes down to quali pace. Seb starts in front, never really makes a mistake at the start and therefore is never in risk of being Maldonadoed or Grosjeaned. If he was starting down in 4-5th then it would be quite a different story. Credit the guy and his consistency though, he is pretty much always able to deliver in Q3 and on the start/opening lap. That being said, I'd like to see him for once start not on the top 2 rows alongside Fred and see who makes it to the top step by the end of the race. I'm not sure I could say which one would come out ahead in that situation TBH.

Side note, the only two drivers that have scored in every race since Hungary: Kimi Raikkonen and, wait for it..

Felipe Massa :eek3:

Then again, Kimi is the only one that has scored in every race since Bahrain :cool:. Too bad that Lotus is shit in a straightline and can't pass anyone on a Tilkedrome. Actually the Lotus can't seem to pass on any track since nobody dares to go off line in the turns due to marbles.

Great analyzation of the season...But for me, it doesn't help Seb's stock very much because he has the best designer/engineering team behind him at Red Bull. So of course he's going to be at the front end of the grid and won't be Maldo'd. Therefore I think in a lot of peoples minds, Alonso & Kimi's stock rises a bit compared to Seb in his Red Bull. Especially Alonso's stock since the Ferrari was so far off the pace at the start of the season.

I'll give Seb more credit when he's not in the fastest car on the grid that's capable of -.6s per lap.

#18 Dr. Jimmmah!

Dr. Jimmmah!

F1 Legend

• F1 Crew Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,017 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Great analyzation of the season...But for me, it doesn't help Seb's stock very much because he has the best designer/engineering team behind him at Red Bull. So of course he's going to be at the front end of the grid and won't be Maldo'd. Therefore I think in a lot of peoples minds, Alonso & Kimi's stock rises a bit compared to Seb in his Red Bull. Especially Alonso's stock since the Ferrari was so far off the pace at the start of the season.

I'll give Seb more credit when he's not in the fastest car on the grid that's capable of -.6s per lap.

Ditto. In this sense I gotta give kudos to Lewis for jumping ship to Merc. If he can pull it off then there will be absolutely no doubt of his capabilities.

#19 Nacho

Nacho

WDC

• F1 Crew Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Yea, but when Fred is mounting the only real challenge to Seb in that inferior (common opinion) Ferrari, it lends more credibility to his abilities. IMO anyway.

Just seems more that Seb is putting the Red Bull about where it should be, while Alonso is flattering the shit out of that Italian piece.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users